mackenzie hall

peppa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

new to this so here goes, i have today in the post received a letter from the above informing me that they have acquired an account sold by redcats to them and i must make payment in full with immediate effect. the balance is £153.88, and iit is imperative that i call Rob sanderson no later than 1st march to avoid potential legal action and costs. I cannot recall this debt and if i do owe this is must be at lease 6 years ago. Does anyone have any advice on what i should do, should i call this person or write to them? thanks

Hi Peppa. First thing, don't call them....ever. Read some of the other threads on here about MH and follow the advice of the very knowledgable people who post here. I'm a novice on here also, but I'm sure somebody will be able to tell you how to go about sorting MH out, just don't ring them! :)

If you believe the debt is over 6 years old and you have not acknowledged it then it is statute barred. Follow this link and send letter M.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

good luck.

Pam.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

One thing I would say, in general, is that you shouldnt state the exact amount and the exact name of creditor as they can and will search their system and dind out who you are.

eg: dont say £254.67 to Redcats (for example)

say £200+ to a catalogue company.

Obviously if you dont care that they know you post on here then ignore the above:-|