Panic with a capital P!!!

debnc62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers Kerrielisabeth

I started all this requesting my statements on 28/08/2006 so it is a longish haul, and every minute spare you are on the site ha ha. Believe me, take all the advise there is and just make sure you follow THE PLAN!!!

Im due to ring James at 1pm so will let you know what is going on as soon as I do.. Fingers crossed.

Good Luck with your claim you will do fine.

Debbie x

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kimmy

Thanks so much for that, will be ringing James and Inga at about 1pm today. email i sent was fab courtesy of Armsoft. and Louis WU he offered to try and go to court with me. tell ya Kimmy if i could have a party in a big enough venue the whole site would be invited!! You never know this kind of support from anyone else. Totally brilliant!!!

Thanks to all again !!!

Deb

Guest louis wu

Deb, its 20 minutes past one, hope your not flirting with James!!!!

The suspence is killing me.

Fingers, toes....oh sod it, everything crossed at the moment..

Louis

tell me about it ha ha james has said that they are going to settle today and ring me before 4pm hes got 30 mins and if he doesnt ill be ringing him back!!! Any one know what time the courts stop taking phonecalls???

No Idea Deb, give the court a call. Its best to get that type of info from the horse's mouth!!!!! But then again someone on this fab forum is bound to know!

I am off to post my SAR to MBNA. Hopefully by the time I get back you will be celebrating!!!! Still wishing you good luck!!!

tell me about it ha ha james has said that they are going to settle today and ring me before 4pm hes got 30 mins and if he doesnt ill be ringing him back!!! Any one know what time the courts stop taking phonecalls???

Deb,

The courts normally close at 4pm.

Even if you get the call from James agreeing settlement, you should still attend court tomorrow (if only for the experience:D )

There have been posts on here where the Abbey have agreed settlement and also attended hearings (mostly phone hearings), so it`s best to go along to the court and advise the clerk that Abbey have agreed to settle and ask for the hearing to be postponed (not cancelled) for a month pending receipt of cleared funds by you from the Abbey.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

FWIW

This is for an allocation hearing i believe, unless they have offered everyhtig on your claim is unlilkey they will attned and will probalby try to settle this pm or sles they will attend and try to settle there and then.

Is there anytihng pecular about the claim, eg charges odler than six years, contractual interest, default removal?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

the only thing they havent agreed to is the pending charges so will start a 2nd claim for them erm next week ha ha !!! but the whole amount 3222.89 is to be paid straight into my new shiny bank account allready spent it lol god im on a high!!!!

Congratulations Deb,

Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

the only thing they havent agreed to is the pending charges so will start a 2nd claim for them erm next week ha ha !!! but the whole amount 3222.89 is to be paid straight into my new shiny bank account allready spent it lol god im on a high!!!!

Deb

if you havent already make the settlement condtional to being paid in seven days.

If they argue tell them you will see them in court.

When i settled with Barclaycard i made this a condition and had my payment by return post.

Oh and if they fax/email you a form to sing, dont be afraid to write this condtion on it, initial and date it and send it back to them. Keep a copy too.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

well done debs.. quick question..saw u requested ur statements in aug... can u give us a time scale of events.. got my aknowledgment from abbey today ( thread is me vs abbey) from putting my claim in on friday....

1. date of claim

2. aknowledgment

3. defence

4.aq

5.court date

and any other good bits of info... all this would be usfull...

well done u have now gone from a claiment to some one who can now offer good advice....

Hi Armsoft just rang the Court and they ve said to do what you have said!!! so will trot along tomorrow with a big grin on my face hee hee !!!!!!

Congratulations Deb.

It may seem a bit like `Crossing the T`s and Dotting the i`s` but better to be safe than sorry, and as I said, if only for the experience it`s got to be worth it.

Interestingly I had a bit of a result with Abbey today, they`ve removed a Default Notice against me today, and I`m not due in court till the 22nd March, so this is a Real result for me as I can now consider a Defamation claim against them:D

I`m just waiting for James to call me to agree to pay me the Compensation I`m after, else I will start putting together my next claim details ready for filing against them, he`s got till the end of the day to phone (and I am not going to phone him, the balls in his court now:eek: )

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Im looking forward to it now Armsoft cant believe its only 2 days i was panicking with the sick feeling in my stomach but now god im on such a high hee hee!!

Holiday in Lindos in June me thinks !!! xxxxx

Hiya Adam1976brown hee hee

I requested statements 28/08/2006 everything went pretty smoothly on that score. Claim was filed in October and 30/11/2006 AQ was completed. court date Tomorrow. Going to go to ask for an adjournment for 7 days to make sure the payment is in my account (brand new shiny one) and as Armsoft says just for the experience.

Looking forward to it not dreading it now..

Good luck Adam and follow the plan. I only ever sent a post when i had a wobble and the advice is well can only say FANTASTIC!!!!!