Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 11 applies to Ltds, sole traders, personal etc.

Just for the sake of clarity here.

When Guido refers to section 11, he is refering to section 11 of the POC portion as I posted it, NOT section 11 of the Statute of Limitations act.

The section of the Limitations act is section 32 (1) parts b and c, as explained in the earlier post.

When/if you slip this into your own POC, it may no longer be section 11.

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Just noticed that I've recieved 5 clicks all from just today alone (and gained a blob from it) :D

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Does anyone have t and cs for lloyds tsb buss acc from 1993? or point me somewhere that does. skeggsy

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

I have a business account and they have been charging £50 to set up an overdraft facility surely this is excessive to??

Anyone know if this is illegal

this happened to us from lloyds called an arrangement fee and was around 100 a time. I didnt claim it back as had some advice to say they could do it with a business account.skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

think the advice came from my business account thread, skeggsy and nailard v lloyds buss account (dont know how to copy a thread0 take a look skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

So photoman should we be going for more then 6 years back then.?

I originally saw your post on an email, and before logging onsite, in my head, I started to formulate some witty, long winded response...... but then figured it was unneccessary..... short answer will do...

Yes

The whole original purpose and objective of the Statute of Limitations act was designed to help to protect people from the consequences of "stale" claims.

It was meant to protect people from situations such as, someone (either through apathy or deliberation) sitting upon a claim before deciding to claim. Perhaps in a hope to gain more interest for example.

It was not designed to protect wrongdoers from "getting away" with an act, just because 6 years had elapsed.

This is why section 32 was included.

PM

Does anyone have t and cs for lloyds tsb buss acc from 1993? or point me somewhere that does. skeggsy

skeggsy...

These are from Jan 1998 (the earliest business t&c's on site so far)...

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

I opened my account a year or two earlier. I'm not certain if they are exactly the same as my original ones, but the cover is definately the same... I remember, because I only threw them away 18 months ago, because I thought I was being a hoarder!!!!

Lesson learnt... I'm back to my hoarding ways again!!! :grin:

Hi can anyone help. Is there a maximum amount you claim for throught a business account in one go. I am trying to claim for a total of £8,000 which includes interest. Or shall I split it into two claims. Although I have all the data, I have not made claim yet. Coz I was thinking about the final outcome at the court.

So to summarise.

1. IS there a maximum amount you can take throught the small claims for a business account. Is it the same as a personal account i.e. £5,000.

2. The claim is with HSBC and I have not included any overdraft arrangment fees,overdraft interest, or stopped cheque charges.and I know that I wont be including the 8% interest charges at this stage, as I believe this comes within the court claim amount - like the costs & interest must be a maximum of £5,000 with a personal account. Please can someone help am I right here please?:confused: I'll donate to site when it comes throught. Thanks

Hi can anyone help. Is there a maximum amount you claim for throught a business account in one go. I am trying to claim for a total of £8,000 which includes interest. Or shall I split it into two claims. Although I have all the data, I have not made claim yet. Coz I was thinking about the final outcome at the court.

So to summarise.

1. IS there a maximum amount you can take throught the small claims for a business account. Is it the same as a personal account i.e. £5,000.

2. The claim is with HSBC and I have not included any overdraft arrangment fees,overdraft interest, or stopped cheque charges.and I know that I wont be including the 8% interest charges at this stage, as I believe this comes within the court claim amount - like the costs & interest must be a maximum of £5,000 with a personal account. Please can someone help am I right here please?:confused: I'll donate to site when it comes throught. Thanks

Why no stopped cheque charges or overdraft interest? Are you using the calculation spreadsheets? Fees for arrangements or anything related to a service are non claimable. An arrangement fee I do not believe to be something one can class as a penalty despite the fact they seem inexcusably high at times.

skeggsy

To find the T&C's go to the sticky for new poc's pick your bank and scroll down they are all there

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Hi can anyone help. Is there a maximum amount you claim for throught a business account in one go. I am trying to claim for a total of £8,000 which includes interest. Or shall I split it into two claims. Although I have all the data, I have not made claim yet. Coz I was thinking about the final outcome at the court. There is no maximum level per se to claim on Business account, however, there is a possability your claim could get allocated to a higher track. You can request in your allocation questionaire that it is heard in SCT, and there is a good chance the court would grant it. Splitting claims is strictly NOT advisable. The courts do not look favourably upon people who do this in order to steer allocation into another track.

If you did get allocated into a higher track, although in theory there is a chance that if you lost you could face costs, as an LIP, it is unlikely the court would enforce it. But, then.... your not going to lose anyhow !!

The advantage on the other hand of a higher track, is that the defendant bank is obliged to provide disclosure.... which is something they really don't want, and have done all they can to avoid so far. If allocated to such a track, it is likely you would then quickly get an out of court settlement.

So to summarise.

Andrews comments are corect with regards what you can and can't claim.

PM

Why no stopped cheque charges or overdraft interest? Are you using the calculation spreadsheets? Fees for arrangements or anything related to a service are non claimable. An arrangement fee I do not believe to be something one can class as a penalty despite the fact they seem inexcusably high at times.

Depends if it is the official arrangement fee for setting up or upping OD limit where you do actually ask to arrange it, however HSBC now seem to use the term 'arrangement fee' for allowing you to go over your limit and not returning item, then you get a nice little letter saying we are pleased to confirm your application for an informal overdraft..........:confused: must stop those pixies filling in those application forms, costing me a fortune LOL

You can claim these ones back.

Anybody else notice HSBC are still charging £25 a pop for these and other penalties, completely ignoring OFT report that they would only investigate complaints for charges over £12,,,,,,,, Just shows total disregard for what they say

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Yep still charging me whilst I'm waiting for there offer cheque to clear!! I had to ask them to increase there full offer to the new amount which they did bar £2. So just put the money in the account and stop charging me the £25.00 a pop. I will claim all further charges until they get the message.

BJ

:lol::lol:

You and i wil be old and grey before they get the message :)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

So to summarise.

Hi i reclaimed £36,000 successfully from nat west this year..........so if anything u will probably be put on the fast track court system which is a benefit 2 u...........

My claim was 1 claim and not split in any way........the downside is if you loose the case you are liable to the defendants costs very unlikely u will lose...........if you follow the cag way

Scott

hi all i got charged around £450.00 for my overdraught! daylight robbery it cant cost any more to process an overdraught of say 10k or one of 40k they only hit a few buttons,is this a case of unjust enrichment? all advice appreciated jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY