Done some work - not been paid - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but maybe some kind soul will point me in the right direction.

I have recently done some lealfet distributing for a small local company on a self-employed basis. When the time came to be paid I kept being fobbed off with "I'll speak to accounts" and they never returned my calls. When I emailed accounts (one person department) she replied and said I hadn't been paid because the money wasn't available and she had now left the company anyway. I emailed the director and basically they are waiting to be paid until they can pay me but they have no idea when that will be. They owe me £270 which is a month late. Where do I go from here? I tried my local CAB but they appear to be permanently on ansaphone. Should I write a letter stating they have until, say end of the month, and then I will take court action, and how do I go about that anyway??!!

I am working on the asumption that she who shouts loudest gets paid first so if they don't have much money I want to kick up a stink and get my share.

I also have several boxes of their leaflets in my garage and I felt a little suspicious so I held off delivering them. I did say I would be happy to deliver them once I had been paid (I have no intention of doing this) but they said they want them back as they should have been delivered last week

Is there another website that can help - I'm grateful for anything

Sharon

Guest Lueeze

I would write a letter giving them 14 days to pay up in ful, or you will proceed with court action.

Did you sign a contract of any sort?

For each batch of leaflets I delivered I got from the company a form stating the roads that need to be delivered to, when it had to be completed by, the amount I would be paid and that it would be paid four weeks after the date of completion. I have all of these but the first (£50), but I can remember the leaflets, the area and the date I delivered, so hope this will count if I have to take them to court.

Sharon

Guest Lueeze

Any evidence you have should hold up. At the end of the day you did the work they asked you to do, and you now need to be paid for it.

Write that letter, maybe they will pay before you have to file a claim!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks