• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Information on Cabot

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Full of ingenuity with a name like KMC Towers - who's he think he's fooling?:D

I'd like to believe there's a serious side to the questions being asked though.

Might it be that there is some interest in the fact the Cabot Fan Club are beginning to make their presence felt?

Letters certainly have been sent to DCA's from the Fan Club to my knowledge so there is credibility in his/her post.

I think for the avoidance of any doubt the Debt Collection Industry should be aware that the Cabot Fan Club will not be restricted to Cabot alone. If you want to know what the ' mandate ' is I'm afraid you'll have to sit back and wait, but suffice it to say, and I have said it in many, many posts going back 9 months or more that my personal objective is to clean up this industry from the coalface to the surface and as long as the management of these companies continue to instruct their staff to flout the laws of the land, continue to mis-train, abuse debtors rights ( whether accompanied by the duties or not :D ) fail to allow humility and respect at a time when people are often in dire circumstances, harass when the laws state they cannot, have no documentation to support the alleged debt they chase, continue to buy old debt and harass when the account is statute barred, then they will be visited by the likes of The Cabot Fan Club and ALL the DCA's with debtors accounts that raise their heads on this forum or in a whole range of other forums, will find themselves deluged with CCA requests, S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)/Data Protection Act requests, Letters to respond to from Information Commissioners, Trading Standards followed by legal challenges to bring them into line. This will be done by providing the debtor with the tools to do it, a simple DIY and all the backup they need. I will also be looking for these bloodsucking organisations to put something back into the communities from which they survive, such as sizable donations to Debt Charities who struggle to help so many in debt for one. ( I spoke to a charity yesterday who had, through her knowledge, saved a person over £87,000 because of a mis-sold product and where the debtor had had his house repossessed. She did it for free, she got nothing in return as this debtor was on his knees having lost house, wife and family (not in that order!) over debt and non should have happened but for the aggressiveness of Debt Collectors).

I RESPECT the fact that sadly the Debt Collection business is going to be with us and that they have a responsible and necessary job to do. ALL I want is for them, like any other business or service TO ABIDE BY THE LAW

Can someone send me an application form to join this Fan Club? Do I qualify?

KMC Towers, I hope this gives you an insight? Not a mandate but a jist of what is to come and if you are working for a DCA and are in touch in some way or another with the CSA of which Herr Maynard presides and the inner circles of the Credit/Debt collection industry may I suggest you spread the word because if you don't see the Cabot Fan Club over the right shoulder, it will sure as hell be over the left...

Sarah

PS. Seahorse - it wasn't me - honest! :D

• Haha 1

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the confused 'Andrew' is the name of my Dog :D

Sarah xx

Aww, Sarah. I suppose that means you are carrying your love for your little doggie around with you.

Sweet. :D

Hmm. Surely that nice Mr Maynard himself wouldn't be the nice Mr KMC Towers, would he? Surely not. I wouldn't think he'd stoop so low. Of course not. He has many minions to stoop low for him.

Maybe I should just email him and ask him outright? :lol:

Subscribing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Subscribing.

Good to have you on board Rory but to subscribe just hit the ' Thread Tools' button at the top of the posts and click ' Subscribe to this thread' - otherwise the threads will have hundreds of these 'subscribing posts all over them.

Sarah

Thank you Sarah but I did work out how to use the toolbars quite some time ago. I was merely expressing my interest in this thread.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you Sarah, the postings have begun to display a certain amount of intellectual flair I would expect in a debate as serious as this.

Needless to say, Debt Recovery organisations are not normally responsive in any way to threats or 'promises' as the letter implies which might happen to those not wishing to change their tried and tested methods of business.

What makes you so sure your little campaign will have any effect what so ever?

not wishing to change their tried and tested methods of business.

Not willing to change is a major failing in business.

What makes you so sure your little campaign will have any effect what so ever?
Because we (CAG) have their cards marked and I bet the banks didn't think us little consumers could causes them such a back lash.

Remember that it is still the OC who is responsible for the collection methods of a debt even once it is with the DCA, so when they too are dragged back into it and they begin to get some of the splatter from the stuff hitting the fans, I think there may be a bit of push back on the DCAs from them too.

Welcome to CAG by the way.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Debt Recovery organisations are not normally responsive in any way to threats or 'promises' as the letter implies which might happen to those not wishing to change their tried and tested methods of business.

I'm unclear what you mean by tried and tested methods of business. Do you mean the unlawful harassment, threatening court action without a copy of the credit agreement, threatening court action without a legally valid NOA, threatening court action with an irredeemably flawed DOA, or defamation of the alleged debtor by applying defaults unlawfully onto their credit record?

I'm unclear what you mean by tried and tested methods of business. Do you mean the unlawful harassment, threatening court action without a copy of the credit agreement, threatening court action without a legally valid NOA, threatening court action with an irredeemably flawed DOA, or defamation of the alleged debtor by applying defaults unlawfully onto their credit record?

In a nutshell - Yes. This seems to be the practice that most are concerned about and to which your 'fan club' appears dedicated. The letter referred to did have certain resonance and created a debate as to what the likley outcome would be. I was more inquisitive as to the Fan Clubs' intention on a more practible basis than an indesciminate letter. Sarah has outlined and Seahorse has changed some of his posts to reflect their position and I take it both are connected to the Fan Club. I am not so sure about you Rory as your other posts are occaisionally conflicting with the above veiw. Maybe I should re-read your posts before commenting further. Thank you for responding never the less.

I'm not sure what KMC Towers' vested interest is in all of this.

The way I see it, Debt Collectors are a necessary evil and have a legitimate right to be in business - but they must adhere to the law.

Too often the sail close to the wind, and in many many cases blatently flout the law to exploit consumers' ignorance and fears.

I know this because I've been in that position. I've paid vast sums of money to debt collectors over the years because of their bullying intimidating tactics. I had a gut feeling I didn't owe them anything, but no idea of how to use the CCA and Data Protection Act to prove my case.

Now after a few months of CAG membership, I feel confident to take them on - and I'm winning so far. My state of mind is infinitely happier than before I discovered this site.

I'm pretty computer literate, I know how to search for things and that's how I ended up here. I'm also willing and able to adapt template letters, and confident enough to write my own from scratch. I guess we all feel the same.

But for every one of us, there's probably a hundred people scared to answer the phone, scared to open their post, afraid to open their front door, losing sleep over threatened legal action; simply becuase they have unwittingly fallen for the vile antics of the DCAs.

I'm not saying that anybody should deliberately avoid their debts. But in my case most of the debts that were being chased simply didn't exist, and in others I was genuinely trying to make small payments but my offers were falling on deaf ears. I know that the majority of posters here are in the same situation.

It's people like us who need to be empowered. People with legitimate gripes against DCAs who historically never had a voice, people who just coughed up even if it meant going cold or hungry, people who didn't know how to fight back.

If someone owes money and doesn't want to pay it, I've got very little sympathy for them.

If however they are in difficulty, struggling to meet even the minimum payments, or simply being chased for a non-existent debt then I really do not understand why anybody would have a problem with them being helped.

Unless they had a vested interest, of course...

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I don't think I agree that they are a NECESSARY evil. I know bottom feeding **** suckers with more morals than this industry. Oh wait. They ARE bottom feeding **** suckers. Without any sort of morality.

If they didn't exist, you'd just have to deal with the original creditors. Who wouldn't be able to enjoy certain tax breaks. Shame.

Post #61 is extremely telling, especially as "they" are basically saying that they will flout the law to get at "their" money.

Shame really.

So we have debts and are finding things difficult, nut if Mr DCA would actually stop and listen to our concerns and issues then they would get a whole lot more out of us.

Simple things like doing as we ask regarding repeated phone calls, checking with the OC that the debt is truely enforceable and undisputed, actually being honest with us rather than threatening court action or bankrupcy.

You know the simple thangs that make us HUMAN rather than baying dogs ;)

So far I have only come accross 2 DCA agents that even attempted to listen to my concerns. My condolances to these people for working in this industry and keeping their humanity.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

A Debt Recovery Agent will rarely if ever, "say they will flout the law". Practices need reviewing. Perhaps some attention is being paid to the objectives aired herein, it will certainly be raised at certain meetings within the industry if this is of any consolation.

The objectives of the 'Fan Club' appear to be to ensure changes happen, quite how they will achieve this is somewhat unclear apart from the quote of Sarah regarding a 'deluge' promised of claimants turning from being debtors into the 'aggressors' - an interesting concept considering what has happened to the banks (as is evidenced within this and numerous other groups and forum) and one I am sure will not be missed by the Debt Recovery Industry as a whole despite their more ' Commercial and somewhat frowned upon' approach.

Enlightening.

I certainly hope so, Mr Maynard. Sorry, Mr Towers. I do HOPE that the industry at least discusses the way they conduct their affairs. However, I do not EXPECT it. For the simple reason that way too many people are still being intimidated into paying debts that at best, may be inaccurately claimed, and at worst, they simply do not owe at all.

OK you clever folks out there. If you are fluent in Spanish and/or French, the Cabot Fan Club needs you!!!!

We are soon to go live with our own website dedicated to those wonderful people at Cabot, and thought that since they have gone all European, we should too. I'd love to have pages written in French and Spanish so that Cabot victims from those countries might see that their UK cousins are fighting back.

If anyone can help, just drop me a PM. Or email me at [email protected]

Cheers folks.

I did consider that possibility, Mr Towers.

However, my own thoughts were, if Cabot wanted the domain name, surely they would have purchased it when the eu domains became available some considerable time ago. I assume they did not envisage the need for it then, and so I have a legitimate right to acquire it myself, as the name lends itself rather nicely to the purposes I require it for.

I am neither making any misrepresentations, nor am I "cybersquatting", therefore I do not anticipate any dispute over ownership.