pinkduchess v HSBC

pinkduchess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rob - decided on ibiza in the end. didnt go with what you recommended or my plan to get me there - bottled it :D but i am going to a very nice hotel in a quiter part of the island & will chill for a week by the pool.

no eye clinics for me lats - have thought about changing my avatar for a while but have decided not to. it reminds me of when freaky got a splinter in the eye & his description of what the doctor did :o and i know van wouldnt approve either. :rolleyes:

you stick with it girl, i was just joshing -

just read about all the 14th in cardiff (800!) supposed to get stayed - i'm gutted for everyone who has gone this far only to see it postponed -

i'm speechless, for once!

Made it at last PD!

31 pages now and you're still not there, but it's made interesting (not to mention amusing) reading.

And I'm still at the beginning stage, but my persistence paid off because I had a letter from my branch giving their direct number so sent them a wodge of unanswered letters and got an immediate offer of a 50% refund without any conditions attached.

So now I must try and do a spread sheet about which I don't have a clue and may try to do it on a calculator as the entire issue has existed for no more than five or six months.

I don't even have too much of a problem with the interest - its what the bank term "arrangement fees". Another £150 coming up on the 11th of the month I gather.

By the way don't you and Pete ever get any sleep - I've noticed the time on some of your posts. Long after the hour when I've turned into a pumpkin.

Wonder if you'll get to court or not?

All the best

Van

well done van - you made it. how long did it take you? :p

yes, me & pete do tend to burn the midnight oil (not sure if thats right expression), guess we're just night owls :rolleyes:

give us a shout with any queries on your spreadsheets - also you should be able to add on that latest fee as you havent filed yet.

Hi PD + Pete

Why does the biblical story about virgins and lamps keep coming to mind?

I've sussed the [problem] about "arrangement fees" I'm afraid.

After a pleasant chat with my "Bank Manager" I was made aware that none of my four letters had reached her as they had been sent to a "processing centre" which, she assured me, was in England (surprise, surprise).

She immediately offered £250 off my charges with no conditions attached.

Ta very much says van.

But, being the sort of person he is, van likes to trot off to the village store to buy papers, tins of beans (for when he is really hard up) and the occasional luxury sausage for Mrs. van.

He pays by cheque and the village shopkeeper has always written my cheque guarantee number on the reverse. That is until one day her assistant said "we know vandermerwe" and didn't bother.

The good lady pays in her cheques about once a week or every ten days (she doesn't get many) and guess what? Cheque numbers 001, 002, 004 were paid (being duly guaranteed) and cheque 003 bounced for which she was charged £4.00.

Van grovelled, repaid (by means of a guaranteed cheque plus her £4 charges) and will now await a patronising letter from HSBC telling me I owe, quite probably £75 in "arrangement fees" for paying the 'guaranteed' cheques.

Banks - I hate them.

Took me a week to get through your site, PD, as last Sunday my best friend was taken to the local A & E where he was given a blood transfusion, diagnose with acute leukeamia, whipped off to the local oncology unit (50 miles away) tubed up for chemotherapy but then given another blood transfusion and sent home complete with open catheters in his chest because the oncology unit has closed down because of a) the floods and b) the new intake of unknown junior doctors.

If you think I don't like banks, just don't get me going on the NHS!

How was Ibiza? We're seriously thinking of relocating to France. I favour Spain because I speak the lingo, but can't object to France as the language would come back pretty quickly and the grub's so good (and cheap)

Best regards

Van

Hi Van, PD will be sunning herself in Ibiza until next weekend, lucky girl !!! :) so I guess thats the vampire theory disposed with .

I think any way you can get your money back from your branch has to be worth it especialy with the new OFT test case apparantly putting everything on hold untill the banks see fit to accept some kind of ruling in the test case.

I know people who have relocated to Spain and they love it there, I must admit that I've always found the Spanish people generaly much friendlier than the French, I suppose there is a lot of history between our nations which has to be overcome :)

pete

Hi Pete. So it's next weekend is it for the lucky girl. Can just imagine her sunbathing by the pool with nothing over...er..her pink eye!

Of course the banks are going to play fair aren't they? For instance, no more "arrangement fees" imposed until the OFT case has been settled? Wanna bet?

Vis-a-vis France and Spain we spent a month living in Chatillon-sur-Seine en route to England in order to get our dachshunds vaccinated etc. and absolutely loved it. Mrs. van reckoned she got the best hair do ever with super coffee and lovely staff for £15 (why do women always think about such things?) and fell in love with the local butcher who spoke no English but regaled all his other customers one day about le rosbif (I suppose that should be la rosbif) who bought the sort of bits and pieces no other rosbifs ever bought. Dachshund marrow bones were thrown in for free.

I reckon if you keep away from Paris and the British enclaves you're OK in France.

And then there are the French women.....oh so chic!

As good old Basil Fawlty would say - Don't mention the War.

Keep up your banter - can't wait for PD to tell us about Ibiza.

Van

hi all - just clocking in after my hols. bronzed & relaxed here now but no one warned me about CAG withdrawal symtoms - lol

Ibiza was great. cant tell you much about the island as much time was spent around the pool. had a few days of poor weather. apart from that it was excellent, kids were amused - hardly saw them.

great to be back but loads to catch up on here :)

thanks freaky - yep the kids were well & trully happy - being teens I thought it might be difficult but they met up with a great bunch of teenagers (some even from our town) & had a fab time.

so much reading to do - oh well im not tired. arrived home at 5.30am this morning totally knackered & slept in till late. feeling jet-lagged but im sure ibiza is too close for getting that :D but it was a crazy night flight

will catch up with auburns thread.

no post from DG or courts on my claim

Help I need saving , help me help me :D

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'