HFO services and Cabot finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i will do no probs, made a bit of a mistake yesterday tho.

i rang them...............

some monkey on the end of the line made some minor threats about how i must pay them or there could be trouble.

i explained that I would be sending a CCA form,

and i wanted Proof of this before i would pay a penny.

I offerd t osettle the account for £500 but the monkey said no chance, your gonna have to pay us more than that or you could end up in trouble.

I asked if he was threatening me ?

- there was an aqward silence

"Looks like youve got a problem then" he said,

I laughed,

"only after after several pints, but my girlfriend, she understands. I mean it happens to you as well right ?"

More aqward silence..Then the monkey grunted something like,

"Well you send the form, and then we will proove it. then you can pay us"

"whats your mobile phone number" he asked.

I thought for a second....

The call ended......

Hi,

No problem!;)

Sometimes you can have quite a bit of fun with these morons on the phone!:)

Bracken - it's not a problem that you sent the CCA request to Turnbull Rutherfords Solicitors maybe they will ask for it from original lenders. In fact if they are taking you to court they should really already have the CCA to prove their case in court already?

DO send to the Original Lenders HFO too for a copy of the CCA with £1.

I would have thought that there is room for you applying to get the CCJ set aside as it was issued at the wrong place and in your absence - do explore this.

"I gave them my home address in the phone call i made to them on Monday when the guy told me I would have been better off dying from a brain tumour among other lovely personal comments he made about me."

As for comments like this from people - my advice is that you do not deal with these people again by telephone. Make them correspond in writing.

You are basically loking for information that tells you how old the debt is, whether it is enforceable, who it was with originally etc..

Once you have that information you can send for the SAR and get the rest of the information you need.

• 1 month later...
hi,

i sent HFO 2 CCA request forms, they deny getting the first one but the second one was received and they called me to say that they was taking the £1 off of my total balance. They literally just ignored it, now what????

Thanks

They are not supposed to take the money off any account/debt at all - write back to then saying it was for the CCA and if they are not using it for that purpose then you want your £1 back.

They are not supposed to be taking 8 weeks at all - 12+2+30 days and they have committed an offence you can report them to ICO for this act etc..

hi,

i sent HFO 2 CCA request forms, they deny getting the first one but the second one was received and they called me to say that they was taking the £1 off of my total balance. They literally just ignored it, now what????

Thanks

ah! after another phone call they have deceided to put the CCA request forward, in 8 weeks i will received the documents ( i thought they had to have it done within 31 days ).

What they chose to do with the pound is irrelevant. You have made a LAWFUL REQUEST. They have accepted your quid so the clock starts ticking.8weeks is just their usual bullsh!t. The time scales appy to them as everyone else.

Hi , I have read with interest the articles about how HFO Opreates .I also have been having trouble with them for over 2 years, here is a letter i drafted I am now waiting their responce. The Silly Guy from Sout Africa left a message on my answer phone, I will keep you all informed

Pancho

Dear Sir/Madam

re: Account With BARCLAYCARD

HFO Case No:

Amount Owing £000.

A Complaint has been made to Birmingham Trading Standards As to the manner in the way you are & your agents pursuing Mr. xxxxx as regards Above I will advise that under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970,Under the Judgment Enforcement An offense is Committed when a person uses certain methods to try to force another to pay an alleged debt i,e, It is unlawful for a person to harass someone with demands for payment in a way that is calculated to subject him/his family to "alarm,distress or humiliation Which includes the frequency manner or occasion of the demand and any threat that accompanies it.

On Wednesday night at 8,15 PM a call was received by Mrs.xxxxxxx and threats were made to her, On Friday five phone calls were made in the space of 1/2 an hour resulting in this message been left on the phone answering service (Message on enclosed CD)

Under the DATA Protection Act 1998 Chapter 29 SCHEDULE 3 Paragraph 4 (d) Rules have been abused

The history of this alleged debt goes back to Barclay Insurance (Ireland) who paid the card debt of just over £500:Which was the limit, in the time that it took them to accept responsibility interest accumulated on the account which Mr.xxxxxx disputes and would gladly like to have it resolved in the Courts,and will counter claim for the unlawful and frequent phone calls also the message left which breaks the code of conduct of the Data protection act & stress caused to him and family members.Mr xxxxxx has Isonic Heart disease and these aggressive calls by a certain Mr. Williams bring on angina attacks.

A letter of complaint will be sent to the Md of Barclays Bank Plc I have also Instructed Phone Provider BT to supply me with all the calls made by your agents

Please see to it that these phone calls and demands stop immediately.

Your sincerely

xxxxxxxxxx

-------------------------

• 1 month later...

hi all , this is my first post on here, my son has run up a credit card debt which i think is around 10,000 he doesnt have a job and doesnt live at my house anymore , i have started to get calls from hfo services on my mobile asking for my sons present where abouts and phone number am i legaly bound to give this info to them ? and do they have any rights to claim the money off me ? . i think im goin to get plenty more calls off them as they dont seem to take no for an answer ,

You don't have to tell them anything, except to go and copulate with themselves. And if they don't stop harrassing you, you'll report them to the police for CRIMINAL harrassment. Get individual names if you can, and have a moan at plod. They are seriously breaking the law.

Oh, and tell them you'll be recording every call from now on. (Even if you don't). And keep a diary with dates and times as evidence.

hi all , this is my first post on here, my son has run up a credit card debt which i think is around 10,000 he doesnt have a job and doesnt live at my house anymore , i have started to get calls from hfo services on my mobile asking for my sons present where abouts and phone number am i legaly bound to give this info to them ? and do they have any rights to claim the money off me ? . i think im goin to get plenty more calls off them as they dont seem to take no for an answer ,

Welcome :)

I'd recommend you start a new thread in the Debt and Debt Collectors section so that you can receive some more advice, but briefly NO they cannot act like this and there are positive steps that you and/or you son can take under the law to stop this harrassment and to manage this alleged debt. If you get any more calls, don't speak to them but do keep a log. Start your own thread and I'll explain more :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I dont know if any of you red my post on A HFO agent from South Africa Leaving a message on my phone answering service Threatening me with baliffs and them taking Goods of 5 times the value of my alleged Debt 0f £500 on a Barclay card I had ppp in place and by the time they decided to pay on the ppp interest rose to a further £548 I refused to pay and for 2 years they harrassed me untill this Guy leaving the message on my Phone I am a musician an have a small studio oin the house I recorded the message and sent it to the MD @ Barclay Headoffice and also to themselfs and TS ,Barclay replied almost By return and said they were shocked at the content of the phone call and recalled the debt from them and decided to cancel out the So called debt I did say in the letter to them iwas going to sue under the Data protection act been broken ,It is a happy ending so far .The first thing i done was to ring HFO for the name of their MD I was asked why i want his name and i Replied i was about to sue him and needed a Name It felt good for the shoe to be on the other foot,I hope some of you can resolve your problems with them also ,Pancho

I dont know if any of you red my post on A HFO agent from South Africa Leaving a message on my phone answering service Threatening me with baliffs and them taking Goods of 5 times the value of my alleged Debt 0f £500 on a Barclay card I had ppp in place and by the time they decided to pay on the ppp interest rose to a further £548 I refused to pay and for 2 years they harrassed me untill this Guy leaving the message on my Phone I am a musician an have a small studio oin the house I recorded the message and sent it to the MD @ Barclay Headoffice and also to themselfs and TS ,Barclay replied almost By return and said they were shocked at the content of the phone call and recalled the debt from them and decided to cancel out the So called debt I did say in the letter to them iwas going to sue under the Data protection act been broken ,It is a happy ending so far .The first thing i done was to ring HFO for the name of their MD I was asked why i want his name and i Replied i was about to sue him and needed a Name It felt good for the shoe to be on the other foot,I hope some of you can resolve your problems with them also ,Pancho
Excellent result. Just shows the power of recording all their threats. The original Creditor is responsible for the actions of these thugs who are acting as their collection agents,

RUTHLESS, CLOWNELLS, RWC AND RMA/NCO PLEASE TAKE NOTE:D

Well Done Pancho - nice to you you WON!!! :D

hi all , this is my first post on here, my son has run up a credit card debt which i think is around 10,000 he doesnt have a job and doesnt live at my house anymore , i have started to get calls from hfo services on my mobile asking for my sons present where abouts and phone number am i legaly bound to give this info to them ? and do they have any rights to claim the money off me ? . i think im goin to get plenty more calls off them as they dont seem to take no for an answer ,[/quo

the latest is that on tues last my stepson who has deep depresion problems and atempted suicide twice these past 2 years stayed at the house alone during the day to watch tv as his was on the blink , h f o services phoned . i think they must have realised he was in a bit of a confused state and pounced... they became very agresive and demanded that he tell them where my son was and his phone number and if he didnt he would be in seriouse trouble . when i came home from work he was in a right state ! and has afected him realy badly , i think its time i went to the police over these gits.

What you need to do is get a letter off to them demanding that they stop calling. You are under no obligation whatsoever to tel them anything. It is NOT your debt, they have NO RIGHT to be phoning you in this criminal fashion.

Start a thread of your own in the general debt forum so that we can help if they don't back off. And as this doesn't relate to a debt of your own, here's a letter that you might like to send. Keep a diary of all calls with date, time and name of caller if possible, so if they do continue, you have evidence to report them. (The address below is the one they have registered for their data controller. It might be worth copying the letter to their managing director too.)

Data Controller

HFO SERVICES LIMITED

4 CARLTON GARDENS

LONDON

SW1Y 5AA

Dear Sir/Madam,

I require you to remove all reference to my address and telephone numbers from your system immediately. Your company is continually making threatening and abusive calls to the numbers above in pursuit of a debt which they are well aware is not mine.

This constitutes criminal harrassment, as I have on several occasions explained that the person they are seeking does not live at this address, nor is he contactable by telephone at this address.

Please write to tell me that you have complied with my request. If you fail to do so, or the telephone calls persist, I shall have no option other than to seek to escalate the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office for your breach of the Data Protection Act, as you have no right to hold my personal information whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt, the person you are chasing for a debt has no financial association with the address or telephone numbers that you are using.

I shall also report this matter to the Office of Fair Trading, as your company is acting in an appalling manner, and I have grave concerns regarding your company's fitness to hold a license. I also believe that I would have cause to report these activities to Trading Standards, and the Financial Ombudsman Service, as well as the Financial Services Authority.

No further warning will be given. In simple terms, either the harrassment stops, or I will report your company. And if those measure have no effect, I will seek redress through the courts.

Please Help!!!

I have stumbled across this forum and i am in a dispute with HFO.

They have purchased a debt i owe to monument 2 years ago but have never sent proof.

i am in an arangement with monument and continue to send my monthly payment to monument.

last two letters (they dont have my phone number) i have recieved from HFO are confirmation of a monthly instalment plan dated 3 august

and letter of default dated 6 september recieved 22 september.

when i phoned HFO to find out meaning of default letter i was refered to Turnbull rutherford solicitors.

spoke to lady called diana nelson who said she would look into it and come back to me via mobile number i gave her. No response until court claim from wandsworth court from same diana nelson dated 27/09/07.

phoned diana nelson who said i had called her too late to stop court claim but just send back acceptance of the debt while she looked into problem.

I havent done this but i only have till monday to reply to court papers.

Please help.

Thank you.

Please Help!!!

I have stumbled across this forum and i am in a dispute with HFO.

They have purchased a debt i owe to monument 2 years ago but have never sent proof.

i am in an arangement with monument and continue to send my monthly payment to monument.

last two letters (they dont have my phone number) i have recieved from HFO are confirmation of a monthly instalment plan dated 3 august

and letter of default dated 6 september recieved 22 september.

when i phoned HFO to find out meaning of default letter i was refered to Turnbull rutherford solicitors.

spoke to lady called diana nelson who said she would look into it and come back to me via mobile number i gave her. No response until court claim from wandsworth court from same diana nelson dated 27/09/07.

phoned diana nelson who said i had called her too late to stop court claim but just send back acceptance of the debt while she looked into problem.

I havent done this but i only have till monday to reply to court papers.

Please help.

Thank you.

Its time to send turnbullsh!t ratherbored a CCA.

• 1 month later...

Wow,

after 3.5 months i have finally received a CCA I requested ( i'm sure there is something wrong with that) and another 2 phone calls so far. i was right with them from the start because my signature is not the one that is one the form, so all i can think is someone as used my name to gain a creditcard. i Think now a phone call to the police is in order to report this matter, I think i am also going to offer them a settlement of £1 (to just go away really) should be intresting.

yeah i just got off the phone with the police and they said that i arn't the victim and i will have to let barclaycard deal with the ploice, they gave me a crime ref and that was it (no helicopters, swat team or bobbies what a shame LOL). at least they will be off my case now.

Hi we are new to this forum and very glad that we have found it as we are too having major problems of HFO. They are claiming that they have bought our debt of morgan stanley and the debt has now risen to nearly £2000 more than what is was originally..we have a debt management plan and have been making payments for nearly a year now and they are now saying that they will not deal with third parties ...i find this hard to believe and we have been told otherwise. They are also very abusive and makes threats and even called my partner a 'git' !! i have tried to complain to them when they rang and they have refused to give the guys surname who said this and wont tell me who they are regulated by...or they dont seem to understand what i am asking them!!! they seem to be from india.

all they keep sayng is that we are making problems for ourselfs and that they will send round a field investigation team to assess our assets??!! and add the costs to our debt!! threatening to toake us to court , although we have been paying off the balance through our debt management company.

Someone please help us and give us some advise! are these threats legal??

how do i really know they own the debt?? how do i comlpain? andcould they really take us to court although they have are financial statement?? any help very much appreciated !

Hi this is my first post

I have just got off the phone to HFO, they have been chasing a debt which they bought from 3g the mobile phone company. My partner got a phone from them back in 2003 he then got into a dispute with them because the service was so bad and we wanted to cancel the contract. We had a complete nightmare could never get through to the right person and resorted to writing several letters which they never responded to. They didn't chase the debt the first we heard was when we got a letter fiom HFo which has been followed with lots of phone calls. They have now sent us a letter from their pre litigation team! The man I just spoke with was the 3g litigation manager, I said that we would not be paying anything until we had looked into our legal position he just laughed and said I wouldn't get anywhere and that he is going to call back on Monday evening and if we don't agree to pay he will pass it onto their solicitors. I was going to send the CCA letter does this still apply in this case or is that more for loans and credit cards? The thing is my partner is just in the throes of appying for a new job with a bank and a CCJ would really mess things up. Any advise would be appreciated.