HFO services and Cabot finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give everyone a smile...I had a HFO lady call me up about my boyfriends debt. (yes boyfriend, no legal connection, how the F did she know LOL)

Anyway...has been ringing me for a while and i've arranged with my BF that i will handle them for him because of his working hours. I've agreed a monthly payplan with them. 3months and the lot is paid off. Its only for 170 quid!!

Anyway...after agreeing this and making the first payment the harrass me still.

Calls at 6am (saddo's) and at 11pm-anyway...I came here and read up for days on HFO. I have then recorded the last call from "Vinnie" at HFO.

Muahahaha...I've got a recorded conversation with her threatening to charge me hundreds of pounds more than i owe. (again, its bfs debt!!)

Got her recorded saying "special offer we will knock £10 off your amount if you pay all today"

I said no the whole point of a 3month plan is so that we are paying something we can afford.

She actually said "Don't worry miss I will make sure you pay hundreds of pounds more than that"

I said back to her "You cant do that. I've made an arrangement and I've stuck to it. You'll be pleased to know your demands are illegal and i've recorded this call"

She said "ERm pardon can you say that again"

me "its a recorded call"

she said "you cant do that you have to have a liscence to record a proffessional phone call"

I said "No you don't this is my phone and YOU rang me so i'm recording it."

She said "whats your licsence number then"

I said "I don't have one i'm not breaking the law, if your not breaking the law either you have nothing to worry about do you.

She said "unfortunately i'm not allowed to continue with this illegal call thankyou."

I said "Course your not" With a big smile on my face.

Have send a letter asking for a written agreement of what they want my bf to pay, have basically copied the telephone harrassment letter and the CCA letter and applied it to these circumstances. (its a phone bill debt)

Included a £1 postal order.

Do they still have to use the 30day thingy? Are they still legally bound by this?

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

What you can do is copy that tape and send it with a nice little letter to the OFT Trading standards and see what they make of it....me thinks application for licence might find it's way into the bin next time around....what a dimwit she was...I take it they had permission to speak to you about your boyfriends debt did they? - Data Protection Act issues otherwise.

Seriously, they will be in deep trouble over a call like that. Pleeeease send it to the OFT...on me knees I am...pleeease...we need dross like this put away, that's the whole point of this forum - for companies to act legally. Send it, kill the dross and make them lose their licence.

You all might like to take a read of this too....( Link scuppered - too sensitive!)

Sarah

Edited by andrew1

Am planning to send it to them and trading standards you'll be pleased to know.

Oh she went through security with me alright, it went something like this "Is this Lois?"

I said yes.

Boom!!

hehe.

I'm going to sort out HFO first and the debt for my fella...then I'm off to make my official complaint which my mom has offered to help write for me (She's kick ass at that kind of thing)

We're also going to write to Watchdog too.

Basically though When I do this I'm going to make a post here-see if anyone else wants to do it too around the same time. That way more chance of getting noticed. I will also post my letter onto here for people to use as well. HFO can terrify people. I was nearly in tears after the first few calls. Well one day I am to be part of the motion to bring them down :)

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

They are alson in breach of the OFT guidelines on debt collection by ringing before 8 am and after 9pm. A recording of them using illegal tactics is excellent and great ammunition which must be reported to the relevant authorities. It would be nice to hear on You Tube.

The TRUTH hurts!!!!!!!!:D;)

Well, the alleged 'truth' seemed to indicate that the people who ran the company (poster had posted names and addresses to so not surprised it was pulled) would make Ken Maynard and Cabots look like Disney land - well we know they are all Mickey Mouses down there in West Malling, but whoever posted gave the impression Mickey Mouse wouldn't want to come across these guys in a dark alley full of ferals :D

To take any info from that post - I think the OFT might already have their cards marked and any further 'assistance' in supporting their men with dark glasses and dogs to relinquish the license would be gratefully received..:p

Sarah

Hi all

my thread was chopped earlier today, i listed HFO's trading history from when they started in 1994 and the names they have traded under, also the names of the managing directors not only of HFO but also their rogue solicitors Turnbull and turnbull, along with their previous home addresses and their current one, and this will tickle you, they have all moved in together in a nice big house, must be a cosy set up.

Pity it was chopped, its not as if i could email these details to you, (or is it mooohaahaaha)

Hi all

my thread was chopped earlier today, i listed HFO's trading history from when they started in 1994 and the names they have traded under, also the names of the managing directors not only of HFO but also their rogue solicitors Turnbull and turnbull, along with their previous home addresses and their current one, and this will tickle you, they have all moved in together in a nice big house, must be a cosy set up.

Pity it was chopped, its not as if i could email these details to you, (or is it mooohaahaaha)

We in the Cabot Fan Club and many others come to that, have posted companies house details on here about companies and trading partners, even directors. Tip is not to put Directors personal addresses because the site just doesn't allow it and rightly so. The information is available through the relevant channels of Companies House, but so long as you keep to the corporate information you should have little truck from the Mods - they are like the rest of us on forum, just after the truth without making the posts libelous, they save the money for important aspects like legal challenges and training, so don't worry, as I've said elsewhere, you haven't trodden close enough to the truth sometimes if you haven't been CAGBOTTED when you get into sleuth mode:D

Sarah

Just as the employees of DCAs use 'Publically available' information to trace alleged debtors then the alleged debtors can use the same publically avaiable information to find out as much as they want about btheir tormentors. If its good enough for them to use it then its good enough for us. After all each of us have as MUCH LEGAL POWER as a DCA in fact some of us have more power than these cretinious bullies.

Just as the employees of DCAs use 'Publically available' information to trace alleged debtors then the alleged debtors can use the same publically avaiable information to find out as much as they want about btheir tormentors. If its good enough for them to use it then its good enough for us. After all each of us have as MUCH LEGAL POWER as a DCA in fact some of us have more power than these cretinious bullies.

I'd agree ODC but this is a public forum. If people are in the mind to contact Directors of Companies then that information is freely available from Companies House. Trouble with posting up on places like this is that these people, are doing a job and it's through that job they invite contentious situations like we have on here. To post home addresses affects their families and I for one have no issues with for example: Mrs Maynard or her family members who would be a target of attention if family addresses are posted. It's not known who views these forums and it is unfair of us to assume all that do are of like mind. Individuals should, when it relates to work, be addressed at work..not at home...that's for last resort in the event a company or its Directors go AWOL and it would be totally inappropriate for a home address to be posted on any Public Forum - it's not in Companies House either, you have to pay for it to get access to it.

So, whilst I share your sentiments there are moral lines even if their professional life doesn't demonstrate that.

Sarah

Sorry Sarah you maybe picked me up wrong. I would certainly never condone any illegal activity against anyone. All I was stating was that this information IS publically available. Of course the families of the Threat monkeys are not responsible for the activities of their partners.

Sorry Sarah you maybe picked me up wrong. I would certainly never condone any illegal activity against anyone. All I was stating was that this information IS publically available. Of course the families of the Threat monkeys are not responsible for the activities of their partners.

That's alright then - same hymn sheet - I got worried for a second you'd gone soft :D

Not sure how to upload a voice clip onto UTUBE.

Any advice? I've got it on my pc now-can only play it using realplayer-not WMP for some reason.

If anyone wants me to email them with it i'm happy for them to have a listen. Its not got my name on it because i didn't press record till about 20seconds into the call so i don't mind sending it.

Not sure how to upload a voice clip onto UTUBE.

Any advice? I've got it on my pc now-can only play it using realplayer-not WMP for some reason.

If anyone wants me to email them with it i'm happy for them to have a listen. Its not got my name on it because i didn't press record till about 20seconds into the call so i don't mind sending it.

Tip Lois lane - there are plenty of Supermen/women in the Bear Garden when it comes to techi stuff. I use it often when I have computer problems not knowing how to do things - in the debt forums it's all about numbers the techi's are all over the place and in the bear garden http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/ they are great in there, just start a thread pleading ignorance on whatever and they'll be on you like a flash.. :D

Sarah

Excellent thank you :D

Well Im at work at the minute but when I get home I will be asking around and getting it uploaded somehow!

• 4 weeks later...

can anyone help me out being harrassed by HFO for a debt that i havent disputed but missedo one payment via DirectDebit now they threatening alsorts if you can give me some advice please reply and i will explain the situation!!

desperate and worried!!

liquorice,

can I suggest you start a new thread, otherwise you could get lost in this thread which is quite long.

If HFO haven't actually started court action, post in the Debt collectors forum and you will get plenty of help.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

also sorry for being a pain we have come to tenerife to visit family who live here and my father has paid for the flights however HFO left a very rude message on my husbands mobile saying that if we could afford to go to tenerife then we cam afford to pay the debt owing and she said she was going to apply to the courts immediately for the bailiffs to attend and that the judge would be very interested in how we afford to go on holiday the problem being we have 2 weeks before we arrive home and i am scared the damage will have already been done i have emailed HFO direct with no reply asking for time to sort it as we are out of the country!! i feel the are being unfair as they have not given us chance to give our side of the story without jumping to conclusions!!

i need to start a thread very quickly advice please

very worried and scared!!

They are talking bullshot. Keep a copy of their voicemail and make a formal complaint to them. Its none of their business where you go on holiday or how you paid for it. Do not get involved in any telephone discussion with these barstewards under any circumstances. They are talking absolute nonsense. They have several legal hoops to go through before they could even take you to court. They CANNOT instruct Balliffs. Baliffs are instructed by the Courts and only then would they be sent to your home if these counts were able to get a judgement against you and you did not comply with the court order. As I said earlier they have a few legal hopops to go through first