johnk81 vs HSBC

johnk81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

john

on your breakdown you need to be writing in exactly what the charge is i.e. unpaid item, charge card misuse etc, the amount and the date.

if you use the england-simple-exel s/s it works it all out. you cut off the last column which adds the interest on your prelim and lba letters. it's only when you file a claim in court you add the interest... ok

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok all! my spread sheet is finished and im doing my letter now will be sent tomorrow so they will have 14 days to reply , im also chasing up 3 more items for charges but one at a time! il be on to get some help if it goes wrong after this and for advice i will need cheers john.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep this is a standard reply I had the same just stick to your timescales and get your MCOL ready to go. Good luck. My MCOL went in on 2/3/07 showing as acknowledged today.

i still need to send my letter before action when should i start preparing for mcol? whats the thread for the info on that process btw? i know roughly but i need to know what i will need

cheers john.

• 2 weeks later...
probably nothing or maybe if you are really lucky a glossy pamphlet.

my suggestion is to get the mcol ready to go for 14 days from now - log in - get it sorted then in 2 weeks you'll be ready to pay and submit.

im doing that monday as H.S.B.C have until tuesday to reply to my LBA so mcol will be prepped for the end of the month :)

il keep you all posted thanks for the particulars il get them ready today for mcol.

Also my catchment period of 6 years has changed so ive lost a 27.50 charge for may 2001 and there has been 2 corrections overlooked so my total has dropped slightly will this affect my claim? or is it someting to amend at a later date? please help cheers john.

i would absolutely change anything before you submit it - get it right - it saves misery later - as for the older charges, i'd leave them in - there is a history of them letting them go if you hold out for them (plus it gives you a little playing room if negotiations come into it), so add the overlooked ones, keep that older one and get the interest right - then file.

to amend once filed is £35 and usually not worth the hassle for one charge. much easier to do it now. as i said - added bonus is a little room to move with the figures later.

good i havent filed mcol yet so its only colin langdale who knows of my oversight thus far its 58 pound and can i setup mcol all ready to go then pay end of the month? and now i know of this oversight should i send a revised schedule to colin? cheers john.

p.s lateralus legend cheers!

wouldn't bother - once you file you may still get a late offer from col but it would be about 80% (pre interest and court fee), after you file the good offers come from dg. although not as quick as we'd like, usually.