Hi All - Help with Buchanan Clark & Wells?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just found this via my own research and could with a little help - received a Formal Demand from Buchanan Clark & Wells sent to my a home address but first parts of name not quite correct but surname is. Called number but was asked for my details inc DOB - declined if they couldn't tell me who/or what the debt related to apart froma company called Thomas Credit Ltd quoted in letter- pointed had no dealings with this company - I gave no details and we are ex directory - to the best of my knowledge I have no debts of this nature and no company has made themselves known to me previously etc. Sent written reply gving no further details as they were not willing to disclose themselves the nature fo the supposed debt - have also checked with checkmyfile which throws up nothing of the sort. Have now received Final Notice - should I just leave it or follow up and what with who?

I would suggest sending a CCA request to see what this is all about a template can be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html and it is letter N that you want. I also suggest having a good read around the debt forum where that template in contained and starting a thread there.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 5 months later...

Hi

I have had a loan account with Barclay Bank, for approximately 4k opened the account in May 1996, I had problems and made agreement to pay them £1.00 per month which they accepted. In October 2001 they did not send me any paying in slips to make the payment. I forgot about it until I received a letter from Thames Credit in 2004 stating that I own them the debt. I did not acknowledge their correspondence although they keep phoning me and sending my letter asking for payment.

In June, I received a letter Buchanan Clark + Wells stating that Thames Credit was their clients and they were chasing the debt for them the letter headed said LEGAL NOTICE, this was in red bold caps. I got another letter on 2nd July heading VISIT BY DEBT INVESTIGATION OFFICER this was also in red bold caps letters.

The letter said………you were informed in our last correspondence of impending court action, as part of that process, we advise you that authority has now been granted to proceed with a Personal visitation by a Debt Investigation Officer as you home address.

If you address details are incorrect, or if there is particular time you wish the Officer to call we would ask you to contact us immediately on 0871 700 1547 in red again.

I also got a letter from GPB heading NOTICE OF PENDING LEGAL ACTION

At the end of their letter it said please note, are instructed NOT to enter into correspondence with you at this stage but to refer to BCW Group. You can contact them on the number above or at the address on previous correspondence.

What should I do now?

Any help would be appreciated.

Allwood.

Hi

Everybodies circumstances are different but the following has happened since my last post - I have received various letters (threats...) re outstanding debt etc. I did send CCA request which resulted in half hearted reply but no details or docuementation with alleged debt way back in Feb this year (some reference to invoice etc..) - my circumstances are different in that I don't recognise the debt referred to BC & W and they cannot furnish any details. I subscribe to checkmyfile.com which covers all the credit reference agencies and shows nothing against me - apart from the search made by Bc & W prior to letters. Fortunately they do not have my phone number and still the letters that arrive are not in my name (it is similar). My thoughts are this - if they felt they had a good chance of reclaiming any outstanding money owed etc. why spend over six months with various threats letters etc. - you would receive County Court Summons and all the proper docuementation to support their claim would have to be in order etc. and for you to see. I took legal advice. (trading standards were useless...) All the letters I have received go round in circles and are made to knee jerk you into a panic reaction and start paying up. With regard to doorstep visits by BC & W (if these actually occur...) my advice is do not enter into any conversation and ask them to leave the premises (this is your right unless they have a court order etc..) - I briefed my partner with this so the limits were set etc. again they are trying to make you panic and start making payments. If you owe the money and depending on timescales this is a matter for you on deciding how to proceed. For your reference I have had about 8 letters threatening all kinds of action/visits from BC & W and various associated companies (the first one mentioned court etc.) to date nothing has happened, no negative entries have been entered against my credit rating and I have applied for a new credit card in this period with no problems! Keep postive and take good advice for this forum ( and legal advice if you can - FYI the solicitor I spoke to you recommended no contact or correspondence and let them produce the evidence for a county court to decide - just depends on your comfort zone..)