Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THX MICHAEL CLYDESDALE CHARGE 29.25% FOR UNAUTHORISED BORROWING, SO FIRING IT RIGHT BACK AT THEM, MAKES A BIG DIFF EXTRA £1500, IF THEY Pay!.

My only prob was ive sent my prelim and lba without saying this and had sent my claim to court but got it returned due to missing an initial on my wifes name,oops, luckily for me maybe, anyway think i need to send new prelim and lba due to this, anyone know if this is the case. I could say that the first prelim and lba was for s.69 at 8% just in case the judge didnt agree with the contractual rate as set out in 2nd prelim , lba, CHEEKY.

Any thoughts

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done the same thing, but i had only sent out my Prelim letter so sent another one just to cover my back.

See my thread here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/31105-purple-halifax-post272272.html#post272272

Purple:)

26/09 Prelim contractual Interest

11/10 LBA

30/10 Filed N1

03/11 Deemed served

23/11 Offer Made

Lloyds TSB

Purple v Lloyds TSB

08/09 ordered statements.

23/09 Statements Received.

26/09 Prelim

03/10 Received standard response

11/10 LBA

30/10 Filed N1

03/11 Deemed served

08/11 Acknowledgement

24/11 AQ Received

id send another LBA stateing that further inforamation had come to light with regards the aplication of interest to charges you are now disputing you have added that figre here...

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Hi if you are having problems with any spreadsheets- then you could always work with this formula- whatever the interest rate you want to use for e.g 8%= then you multiply the charge (£15) by the 8%=£1.20 x how many yrs the charge goes back to e.g 6yrs then its £1.20 x 6yrs=£7.20 plus £15.00=£22.20. remember to do this for each charge whatever the amount and the same sums are done with any amounts of charge and different % rates. this advice is only a guide for you to use- i think even if you work out the amount on a daily basis it comes to round about the same-if in doubt always round the figure up to your advantage=7.20 becomes 8 if you see what i mean. cheers LES

that was the way i thought contractual interst was calculated but when i use the spreadsheet in vamipressess chambers for people with no balances, all itdoes is add the portion of interest that relates to charges already applied, so charge of £20, interest £1.20 total £21.20 regardless of the number of years the interest has accrued over. ( ie not £1.20 for this year and last year and the year before when it was applied) is it enough to just issue as it is ( cos i have and sureley it s me im shortchanging so at least the bank wont thnk im deliberatly inflating the figures :? )

that was the way i thought contractual interst was calculated but when i use the spreadsheet in vamipressess chambers for people with no balances, all itdoes is add the portion of interest that relates to charges already applied, so charge of £20, interest £1.20 total £21.20 regardless of the number of years the interest has accrued over. ( ie not £1.20 for this year and last year and the year before when it was applied) is it enough to just issue as it is ( cos i have and sureley it s me im shortchanging so at least the bank wont thnk im deliberatly inflating the figures :? )
This spreadsheet will not apportion the interest they charged you. You have to decide whether to claim all the interest, none of the interest, or an estimate of say half.

The spreadsheet will then calculate the interest claimable on top.

You need to make sure the date dates are all correct including the date of claim. This will then follow through in the calculations to give you the interest from the date of the charge to the date of the claim.

[

thanks for that vampiress, im much further forward using the spreadsheet than not so am happy. :)

ok feeling really stupid now...i'm trying to use Vampiress spreadsheet from google - throughout claim with contractual interest

I've listed all the charges - paid referral fees and unarranged borrwoing fees and they total £646. The amount of interest for unarranged borrowing in 29.5% (natwest), the agreed borrowing interest rate is 16.5%. Not sure what to put in column F 'interest date' isn't that just the same as the charge date?? I've looked at lots of threads and can't seem to find the right answer...but i know that's because i'm not sure what i'm looking for!

Would really appreciate any help anyone can give - i'm happy to go with just the 8% if that's easier???

barclays Data Protection Act sent 28/4/06 - statements received 9/05/06 and cheque returned. Claim for £480 sent 20/05/06

barclaycard DPA sent 28/4/06 - statement received 13/05/06...with rubbish about microfiche files...further request sent 20/05/06

mbna DPA sent 28/04/06 - list of chargs receieved 19/05/06 and £10 fee returned. claim for £131 sent 20/05/06 PAID IN FULL 14 June!!

lloyds DPA (for OH) sent 2/05/06

NatWest DPA (for OH) sent 29/05/06

egg DPA sent secure email 2/05/06, immediate response, extra form to fill in, waiting for details..

mint DPA sent 21/05/06

Column F relates to the amount of interest charged to you by your bank. You'll pick these figures up from your statement. The overdrawn amount, and date will relate to that.

The interest your bank charged you is for a period, say 1/8/05 - 31/8/05. Look at this period and estimate the average overdrawn amount during this time. Then put the date the interest was charged to your account.

It's all quite arbitrary, and just gives a good estimate of how much of the interest they charged you relates to the charges they shouldn't have taken.

You then add the contractual rate to the lot.

Hope this helps.

[

thanks so much - i claimed quickly against mbna and barclays and ended up claiming less than i should have (although it's great to get anything back off the banks!)...anyway, i just want to do this one properly...and then it's onto mint and rbs!

have donated once already...but if i get this done correctly there will be another bigger donation coming soon :)

barclays Data Protection Act sent 28/4/06 - statements received 9/05/06 and cheque returned. Claim for £480 sent 20/05/06

barclaycard DPA sent 28/4/06 - statement received 13/05/06...with rubbish about microfiche files...further request sent 20/05/06

mbna DPA sent 28/04/06 - list of chargs receieved 19/05/06 and £10 fee returned. claim for £131 sent 20/05/06 PAID IN FULL 14 June!!

lloyds DPA (for OH) sent 2/05/06

NatWest DPA (for OH) sent 29/05/06

egg DPA sent secure email 2/05/06, immediate response, extra form to fill in, waiting for details..

mint DPA sent 21/05/06

I have previously used ther spreadsheet for templte library. Going back six years my total charges are about 9100 and interest is nearly 2500.

Then using Mindazia's spredsheet where it calculates interest at 8% and also at 1.9%/month I was staggered to find......

From June 200 up to 24/04/03 where I have ben charged £3982.24 in charges and interest, the 8% interest that I would apply £1486, but when it calcualtes the rate at 1.9%/month this shows £6250.

I have checked my interest charges that were applied to me and the bank was charging me at 25.56% annual rate.

So claiming at contractual rate would be much more realsitic. Am I correct in my calcualtions and assumptions?

Just a quick bit of advice needed. I've already worked out my post-2000 charges at £350 (figure before interest and not including interest on penalties). I've also managed to obtain statements going back to account opening in 1993, where I was able to work out charges previous to 2000 as being £220.

I shall be claiming in two separate actions* the first for post-2000, then the older charges. My question is, if I'm going to be claiming for the older charges in full, do I still need to enter £220 in the "Estimate of previous charges" cell of the spreadsheet (sheet 2, cell E13) for the post-2000 claim?

Also - I haven't been on the forum for a month or so and see that people are now using the google spreadsheets. Is it still ok to use the excel spreadsheets that I originally downloaded?

*(I was worried that if I claimed for all the charges from 1993 to present day that if the limitations issue came up, I would lose the entire claim, even though the recent part of the claim is still "valid". Or is there no value in splitting it into 2 claims - am I worrying unnecessarily?)

These are my last niggling things. Once I've got those sorted, the LBA is being sent off - hopefully this week!

July 10th 2006 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - (Subject Access Request) - (Subject Access Request) to Barclays delivered

December 1st 2006 - N1 filed! At last!

Could someone help please. Have filled out advanced sp sheet for my mates cap 1 card. It covers 2 years. By the time i get to line 31 it has interest on pen charges at more than interest actually charged.

This can't be right, can it? Although she's only spent £200 on this cr card and has £800 of pen charges added to it. Don't want to make any mistakes.

Could someone take a look at it for me???

thanks in advance

mairi

Could someone help please. Have filled out advanced sp sheet for my mates cap 1 card. It covers 2 years. By the time i get to line 31 it has interest on pen charges at more than interest actually charged.

This can't be right, can it? Although she's only spent £200 on this cr card and has £800 of pen charges added to it. Don't want to make any mistakes.

Could someone take a look at it for me???

thanks in advance

mairi

Mairi,

If this is the advanced one from the Chambers, the formulas has been updated. Either update your formula or type over the formula with the amount of interest so that it is not more than what you were charged.

Hope this helps.

[

Thanks soo much, I'd used the one in the library (is that still okay?). Have just typed over it with with the real amount of interest charged.
I don't see why it happened to start with. I thought the one in the library was fine. You are using the Scottish one, being in Glasgow, right?

[

No sorry Vamp

Should have made myself clearer. I used the english advanced credit card one, as thought that one was clearer for the purpose i was using it for,(if you know what i mean.

If it's Scotland, the law is slightly diffrerent, and is reflected in the spreadsheets in the Chambers.

On the credit card ones you need to keep one month per line, so add all the charges in a month together and enter the total. Try not to alter any formulae.

[

Thank you again Vampiress,

Have gone back to the Scottish sp sheet and will try again with that one.

I appreciate your help very much, cause i would really hate to stuff this one up.

Mairi

Not in the spreadsheet, but in your claim as an expense.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks