ICY -v- Abbey

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys ;)

would i receive anything from mcol telling me the case has been moved, as they state on the website they received the defence and are moving to local court, however that was last wednesday and still havent heard anything

:madgrin:

it might take a while, but it will happen, you will receive notification soon enough :-) I think that they are inundated - cant imagine why

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi ICY,

Lula's right,the courts are inundated at the moment.Both of my cases are held up in the backlog and I've just got to sit and wait-bit frustrating though.

Glad

Afternoon Icy,

This is the hardest bit now waiting, waiting & even more waiting! You can spend the time reading up on the next stage OR you can chat to us angels!!!;) or both of course! :p LOL

I feel pretty confident i know what to expect next stage, and like i say i really dont mind waiting i am not in desperate need of the money, so the longer they have it the more they are gonna have to give me back.

I have just had a though, is it worth me contacting someone at abbey in an attempt to reach a settlement as it stands today including interest (8%) and court fees the figure owed is £2,104.62 If i contacted them and offered to settle for £2,000 what do you reckon the response would be, the charges themselves only amount to £1,722 so i would be more than happy with £2k They seem to like cutting off their nose to spite their face, had they paid up when i first asked they would have saved themselves a few hundred, and of course it continues to rise daily.

Plus of course when it goes to court i will be claiming transport costs and for prep of bundle and ink/copying ect which should amount to a pretty figure, so it makes sense for them to cough up, just not sure how i could word it, if i had an idea how long before it would likely arrive at court then i could guess at what the final figure could be

ICY.........

I hope to God you have an efficient filing system to cope with all your claims and a van from Securicor on hand ;):D

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

hehehe, i just cant wait till the rest of the statements come so i can get them added up too lol, i am loving this, its like some new form of sport, and so very addictive lol

apparently m-i-ls barclays account should be a belter as apparently they have been applying a £8 per day charge for months lol

very effedtive filing system i have, which is actually extremely unusual for me, as i tend to lose nearly everything.

BUMP Anyone have any advice and possbily an email address ???? :)

I have just had a though, is it worth me contacting someone at abbey in an attempt to reach a settlement as it stands today including interest (8%) and court fees the figure owed is £2,104.62 If i contacted them and offered to settle for £2,000 what do you reckon the response would be, the charges themselves only amount to £1,722 so i would be more than happy with £2k They seem to like cutting off their nose to spite their face, had they paid up when i first asked they would have saved themselves a few hundred, and of course it continues to rise daily.

Plus of course when it goes to court i will be claiming transport costs and for prep of bundle and ink/copying ect which should amount to a pretty figure, so it makes sense for them to cough up, just not sure how i could word it, if i had an idea how long before it would likely arrive at court then i could guess at what the final figure could be

Would someone please look over this draft email before i send it and let me know if anything should be added or removed please

Claim number XXXXXXX

Acc No XXXXXXXXXXX

I am writing this email as a final offer of settlement before the case appears before the court, i am making this offer in an effort to reduce the costs to yourself before i prepare the bundle, which as you will be aware will also incur you additional costs. I am aware of the large amount of claims which you are currently dealing with and to assist your workload, i believe it would help all concerned to settle this matter out of court.

It is well documented that you have no intention of ever going to full hearing, shown by the fact that you have settled X??? number of claims at the last minute before going to court, and it would be beneficial to all parties, including the court system that this matter is dealt with out of of court.

You will be aware that the courts are now starting to dismiss the allocation questionaire, and upon receiving notification of AQ being dismissed in this case i shall be writing to the court requesting the strike out of your proforma defence as an abuse of process.

My claim amount as of today stands at £2104.98 including court fees and interest, i am prepared to settle this matter for the sum of £2100 (Two thousand One hundred pounds) just incase she gets confused lol i am sure you are well aware this figure is rising on a daily basis, and will increase with the cost of completed the bundle, preperation of the bundle including photocopying costs and ink costs and the cost of time to prepare the bundle, further court costs and transport and postage costs. As you can see settling this matter now, would be mutually beneficial, This is the least amount i am prepared to settle for, for any avoidance of doubt refusal to settle will not stop the legal action against you, i will be following the legal process to the end.

This settlement offer is valid for a period of 7 days, after this period has expired, the matter will be dealt with by the court system.

I am hoping we can come to an amicable agreement on this matter.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response

yours ..... blah blah blah

sorry who said that lol

think i will just send it anyway, cant hurt anything and i havent marked it w/p so i can show it to the judge to prove i keep giving them oportunity to settle

slightly amended it to read as follows before i sent it

Claim number X

Acc No X

I am writing this email as a final offer of settlement before the case appears before the court, I am making this offer in an effort to reduce the costs to yourself before I prepare the bundle, which as you will be aware will also incur you additional costs. I am aware of the large amount of claims which you are currently dealing with and to assist your workload, I believe it would help all concerned to settle this matter out of court.

It is well documented that you have no intention of ever going to full hearing, shown by the fact that you have settled an extremely large number of claims at the last minute before going to court, and it would be beneficial to all parties, including the court system that this matter is dealt with out of court.

You will be aware that the courts are now starting to dismiss with the allocation questionaire, and upon receiving notification of AQ being dismissed in this case I shall be writing to the court requesting the strike out of your proforma defence as an abuse of process.

My claim amount as of today stands at £2104.98 including court fees and interest, I am prepared to settle this matter for the sum of £2100 (Two thousand One hundred pounds) I am sure you are well aware this figure is rising on a daily basis, and will increase with the cost of completing the bundle, preperation of the bundle, including photocopying costs, ink costs, and the cost of time to prepare the bundle, further court costs and transport and postage costs. As you can see settling this matter now, would be mutually beneficial.

This is the least amount I am prepared to settle for, for any avoidance of doubt refusal to settle will not stop the legal action against you, I shall be following the legal process to the end.

This settlement offer is valid for a period of 7 days, after this period has expired, the matter will be dealt with by the court system.

I am hoping we can come to an amicable agreement on this matter.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response

Gues what i just got

Dear Sir

"Without Prejudice"

Thank you for your email.

I am instructed to reject your offer and make a counter offer to you in the sum

of £1683.98. Payment would be made without admission of liability by Abbey.

Payment would be in full and final settlement of your claim. Payment would be

made into your account (if open) or posted to you. Upon receipt of the

settlement monies we would ask you to please write to the Court withdrawing your

claim and provide to us a copy of your letter. Should you wish to accept this

offer, please advise by return in order that payment can be processed.

Kind regards,

Inga Kirkman