ICY -v- Abbey

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lula and Icy i think its become a lucky dip at abbey these days. the quicker that they get it in their heads that we are not going away and they stop playing the delay games the better it will be for both sides.

but i do feel sorry for that mrs kirkman, she must be hating her job at present.

course you can

the abuse of process is basically that the banks are using the court system to try to delay and even put people off claiming so they get to keep our money

And them submitting defence ect when they have no intention of actually defending

:madgrin:

I am writing this email as a final offer of settlement before the case appears before the court, I am making this offer in an effort to reduce the costs to yourself before I prepare the bundle, which as you will be aware will also incur you additional costs. I am aware of the large amount of claims which you are currently dealing with and to assist your workload, I believe it would help all concerned to settle this matter out of court.

It is well documented that you have no intention of ever going to full hearing, shown by the fact that you have settled an extremely large number of claims at the last minute before going to court, and it would be beneficial to all parties, including the court system that this matter is dealt with out of court.

You will be aware that the courts are now starting to dismiss with the allocation questionnaire, I have received notification of the AQ being dismissed in this case. My claim amount as of today stands at £4663.79 including court fees and interest, I am prepared to settle this matter for the sum of £4300 fourthousand three hundred pounds. I am sure you are well aware this figure is rising on a daily basis, and will increase with the cost of completing the bundle, including photocopying costs, ink costs, the cost of time to prepare the bundle, further court costs and transport and postage costs. As you can see settling this matter now, would be mutually beneficial. For any avoidance of doubt refusal to settle will not stop the legal action against you, I shall be following the legal process to the end.

This settlement offer is valid for a period of 7 days, after this period has expired, the matter will continue to be dealt with by the court system.

I am hoping we can come to an amicable agreement on this matter.

I look forward to receiving your prompt response.

SENT THIS TODAY! GOT FOLLOWING RESPONSE:

Without prejudice"

Thank you for your email.

I am happy to look at your claim, but to do so ahead of its proper place must be of a significant commercial advantage to Abbey. This is the only way that we can be fair to all of our customers. Unfortunately, your offer is not sufficiently commercial. Should you wish to reconsider your position I am more than happy to have discussions with you.

Kind regards,

Inga

WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MEAN? WHAT DO I DO NOW?

:-|

She's playing hardball with you ICY.

Stupidity is the best name and description I can use for it.

Carry on then........ get the order that asks for Court Bundles to be submitted prepare yours - stick the FULL amount in - then send it in.

Then approach her again again stating that you will be applying for costs following your unreasonable behaviour.

Did you send your offer as "Without Prejudice"?

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

I wonder if you could stick another email up in reply to hers stating that you think it would have made commercial and common sense not to incurr further costs, interest and possibly a judgement against yourselves. As I can see that you are not commercially minded, I will be minded to disclose all our attempts to achieve an amicable settlement of my claim to the Courts and apply for a "Wasted Costs Order" :grin: :lol:

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

What a cheeky moo.She obviously wants you to lower the amount you'll accept. Stick with it ICY and as previously said you'll hit her with the wasted costs and the AQ cost etc etc..

Glad

Just got the following email from inga

"Without prejudice"

Dear Sir,

With respect, at best I have calculated your claim at £1842.00. I therefore

can't see how a proposed settlement of £2000.00 is justified. I am prepared to

increase Abbey's offer to £1783.93. However if this is unacceptable, I am unable

to assist any further.

Would you please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Kind regards,

Inga Kirkman

I dont know what to do, i almost sent her an email accepting, but stopped myself, wish i knew how long it would take to get to court, that would deff help me decide, been a long time since anyone has said to me heres nearly 1800 quid, i was quite tempted, ideas please, help me out here guys and gals, i think i need voices of reason lol

come on angels whats your views

:madgrin:

do you think its the same inga kirkman.....

Garland Hawthorn Brahe - Personnel Sydney | Inga Kirkman

its amazing what you can find on google ;)

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

how much would you have got if it went through small claims?

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

ooo wait till gary sees this, he will be in bits lol how common can a name like inga kirkman be?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed