Stop The Pay As U Go Road Tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the problem nogard23, not everybody knows about it, this has not been publicised so to speak, all they have done is post it on No10's website, unless you visit it, you wont know about it until its too late, downright stealth if you ask me!!

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Think about it, Falcon. A transmitter in every vehicle, huge factories belching out smoke making them ,hundreds of orbiting satelites, huge buildings full of civil servants tracking our every move and sending out summonses, not very stealthy.

So have you signed up nogard?? ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Not stealthy once implimented nogard but stealthy in actually initiating it dont you think??

In response to your mention of hundreds of orbiting satalites nogard, there is sufficient already orbiting, all they have to do is reprogram on mother earth ;-)

And as for hundreds of civil servants tracking vehicles, ever heard of computers?? lol and computer generated letters/bills?

I have to say though from initially posting this has started quite a healthy debate

So what happened to the Democratic vote?? If Tony resigns then they should have a leadership vote, once a new leader is elected then they should disolve Parliament and have a General election, let the people decide who leads the country not in house so to speak!!

I do think if road pricing is introduced that lots of motorists will plan their journeys to avoid motorways as they will be the most expensive and opt for the "B" roads as they will be cheaper. This will be bad news for people living in villages. I travel from the South to Manchester on a regular basis and I have never and will never use the M6 toll. And I know lots of people the same. Since it was introduced I have only once got held up on the M6 at Birmingham.

I think you may well be right gwc1000, a lot of people would decide to use "B" roads, I think in all honesty this has not been well thought out by the Government/D.O.T. It seems there are a lot of issues to be resolved before they could impliment such an impacting plan.

This all comes down to one thing, money. This scheme is expected to raise £28 Billion a year for the treasury and is based on the EU Galileo project. The EU is pressing for road pricing to be imposed across the EU to common standards, which must include paying for the use of their Galileo GPS system.

Thus not only do these madmen want to take us to a 21st century version of 1984, where Big Brother knows where everyone is all the time, they want us to pay for it and to subsidise their Galileo system, which is of course essential to any military ambitions of the EU, as they cannot rely on the free of charge US system not being switched off or made inaccessible if they do something military the US disapproves of.

It has a lot less to do with this Government and a great deal more to do with what the EU have decided is best for us.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Bump!!

Anyone signed it?

Thanks Stan, no its current until the 20th of this month so your not too late m8. ;-)

How can they ignore the very people who voted them in as their MP to voice our opinions not their own!!! It seems they forget the real reason why they are there not to tow the party line!!! Makes your blood boil!! :-(

1.5 million, shouldnt that tell them something?

Their argument will be that 58 million haven't signed. One alternative that hasn't been considered is why don't we just accept that there is and there will always be some congestion at certain times of the day and live with it? If it's a choice between paying more or just putting up with the congestion I'd rather accept every now and then sitting in a traffic queue rather than being priced out of my car.