rightfullymine v Nationwide

rightfullymine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i recieved a nasty letter from hamiltons legal today threatening to add court and interest costs after we spoke to them last week and agreed to pay £22 a month starting 30th March.. so my husband phoned them and had bulshy guy on the other end who didnt want to listen or help, he was preshering for me to pay by direct debit (which we cant do as it will mean costs if i dont have money in there ready) he wouldnt sent payment slips or a payment card.. anyway my husband said oh well we cant pay any more you will have to take us to court, we are both out of work and chances are when judge sees our other payments he will drop the monthly amount!! then my husband said (out of the blue) can you please send me a copy of the original agreement for this account, i was shocked it showed that he has been listening when i talk about this site. the guy on the other end immediately went on defence and said why are we denying we have the debt? his answer no but we have so many and different companies requiring payment, we dont know who and what we are paying. so will you please send us a the agreement.. with that the guy said yes and put the phone down on my husband!!!

so now i am thinking that i should go to the templates and get the letters sent out to all these companies bugging me! :(

jus had a thought and i hope one of you guys will know the answer...

my husbands flex account was closed by nationwide a year or so ago.. we came accross an old cheque book.. this gave us the account number we needed and then proceeded to send the SAR..

i was wondering, how long do banks and credit cards have to keep our information for our accounts.? how many years could they go back if needed??

not for any reason - just wondering :idea:

I got money out of the halifax, i closed that account... )No actually THEY closed that account) in 2004!! anyway, what i was goingt o say before i had the OAP moment was, i wrote to them and amended my letter to say i wanted the satements for "The last 6 years of operational banking" as the account was closed in 2004, so i actuallyy got statements from1998 to 2004... very kind of them.. I cited all the charges from 98 - 04 when technically i shouldnt have BUT they paid up so.. i think you should try doing the same.. Now maybe Nationwide wont do, maybe they will.. until you try you will never know...

thats a good idea eggopp, i cant remember when the account was closed but when they send me the info will it go from whenever to now date, or from whenever to when it was closed??

maybe i should write them another letter - will i have to resent a cheque? when will i count the days down from? im not sure what i should do!! thank you for the advice :)

hi j

it seems mad that the nationwide and other banks are so willing to pay the bank charges too!! they are just wasting money.. just think if everyone got back whats rightfully theirs and ontop of that court charges the banks would loose all their profits and more!!!!

spread the word ~ claim back wots rightfully yours ~ the CAG way!!!

Rightfullymine, if you sent the SAR they should send you info from when you opened your account, whether its 2 years or 20... but since all these crges.. they only seem to provide last 6 years... HOWEVER my experience halfax) is they still have the info and they didnt question my claim at all even though it was more than 6 years,,,

I dont think you need to send a new checque just right to them and say 'futher to my request dated..... ' But even if you have to pay again you claim it back

well still nothing,,, time is getting short..

i think nationwide must have been snowed under, i am now getting ready to send my LBA for my account

and have not recieved any statements for my husbands account yet!!

got my eye on the days ~ still counting!! :)

Hi rightfullymine..

I am on a similar timescale to you.. sent my prelim off on 13 March.. I received my first fob off letter 23 March and am about to send the LBA on Wednesday... good luck to us both in getting back what is rightfully ours :)

HI GUYS, I GOT THIS LETTER TODAY!:o PLEASE READ IT!!

IS THIS A NORMAL SOD OFF LETTER~OR HAVE I HIT A BRICK WALL & COME TO THE END..

This letter was still addressed to MR Rightfully not MRS as it should be!!! :-x

Thank you for your recent letter about charges incurred on your flex account.

Feedback from our members is absolutely invaluable, so we appreciate the time you’ve taken to contact us about this issue. We’re naturally disappointed that we haven’t met your expectations on this occasion.

We are grateful for the opportunity to explain the rationale behind our charging policy and we’re aware there has been a lot of speculation about fees, charges and the impending OFT decision, in the media.

We understand that some customers may experience unforeseen financial difficulties and it’s certainly not our intention to make things more difficult for them. At the same time when you opened your account you agreed to abide by the terms and conditions clearly setting out how accounts should be operated.

Charges are applied to a members account when the account exceeds its agreed overdraft limit or a payment is returned due to insufficient funds. We notify you of the charges incurred, on your monthly statements and the charges are debited from the account 28 days after the statement is produced. We’ll try wherever possible to help you manage your account but it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that funds are available to cover these charges and any further payments are due.

If you are having difficulty managing your account we may be able to agree to provide you with an overdraft facility/increase your overdraft facility, if you request this in good time. You can apply online, by calling 08457 302010, or by contacting your local branch. Of course acceptance is subject to our lending criteria and cannot be guaranteed. You might also find that the enclosed page is helpful in avoiding future charges.

After careful consideration of your request, we’re sorry that we can’t agree to your charges being refunded. Only in exceptional circumstances do we refund charges and on this occasion we feel it would be unfair to other members who find themselves in a similar situation and whose charges still remain. We realise that our answer will disappoint you however we trust that we have clarified the Society’s position. :confused::eek:

The Nationwide Group uses the Financial Services Authority rules when dealing with customers concerns. We’ve enclosed a leaflet that explains our Internal Complaints Procedure.

If you would like any further information or feel that we have not covered all of your concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

the signature begins with B then looks like ec with a circle in the middle ends with either w or n.

the name is not typed underneath. :rolleyes:

it then goes on what to do if your still not happy

Under the guidlines of the Nationwide Group Financial Services Authority, you may consider the following course of action if you are not satisfied with my response.

1 Our members service department can review your concerns. I will be glad to refer it for you. If you decide to go ahead with this option, please contact me.

2 If you are still not satisfied, you may then approach the Financial Ombudsman Service for an impartial, independant assessment of the situation.

if you dont come back to us within the next 56 days,i will close our file.

also another page under the heading

5 simple ways to avoid bank charges.

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL ON YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS LETTER.. IS IT JUST THE NORMAL FOB OFF? HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS LETTER? DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS NAME IN THE SIGNATURE?

THANKING YOU FOR YOUR TIME :)

I think it's a load of rubbish imo. Just carry on with the same timescale that you had before.

my partner recieved almost the same letter, with the paragraphs in a different order, but it was from a woman, who's job title is "customer experience officer" or something like that!

lol

Matt

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

hi rightfully, so the nw are glad of the opportunity to explain the rationale for their fees, i couldn't see where on the letter they explained that!!and what a cheek offering you an overdraft to pay off their fees!!!anyway rightfully yes this is just another standard letter keep with your timetable and don't be put off by them, each fob off letter i received was from someone different, dont worry rightfully keep going you are doing well, any questions give me a shout i'm happy to help you any way i can. best of luck xx

Lori

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07