rightfullymine v Nationwide

rightfullymine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all, i am really baffled by all of this but i have had loads of charges taken from me from nationwide. last year i was out of work for a few months and i was on jobseakers, the money that i was entitled to had to be paid into my bank account and because of office procedures i was paid late and my direct debits could not be paid. this obviously caused a knock on effect and i probably didnt get a penny from the benifit as is was lost in the constant rat race of returned direct debits and letters to me!!!

i have now decided to join you guys and try to get back what is rightfully mine! i have worked hard throughout my life and i am a generally nice person and a great believer in karma. i just think its time to stand my ground (well try to!) and look after myself for a change, i think i should start right away.. i dont really know where to start so any advice is humbly and most gratefully recieved....

thanking you in advance for the help along the way. :-)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rightfullymine

Welcome to CAG..

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later. Our aim is to make you aware of your rights as a consumer, enabling you to fight back against unlawful bank, credit and store card charges. In the website you will find information on how you could get your money back

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

Take your time and have a good read around this site. Then come and join us in our forum. Here we can guide you every step of the way. Please remember, we are here to help you help your self.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

If you any questions please do come to the forum and we will only be too happy to help you!

Please also understand that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience and expert advice should be sought if needed.

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

There are more links below to assist you get around the site.

Good luck

Ukaviator

• Haha 2

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

well tomorrow is the day when i send my first letter to the nationwide. i am quite excited but very nervous also. does anyone know if sucess is nationwide, or is it a bit of a postcode lottery. i ask as i am in the rich south !! shame im not rich :lol:

The charges are just as unlawful in the south as in the north.

By the time you've finished, you'll be a little bit richer.:D :D

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

so i have done it, i have taken the bull by the horns - so to speak!

well i sent the first letter off recorded delivery on the 13th feb asking for my statements. so now i am just playing the waiting game, i am nervously excited and hoping i will not be the first one that loses the fight..

is success generally all over the country or is it more of a postcode lottery? as i live in the rich south, where the rich get richer but i seem to get poorer :(

thank you everyone for giving me the courage to do this and i wish you all good luck getting whats rightfully yours!!

i will keep you posted of my progress.:rolleyes:

Thank you. Go get em!!!!

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

i would be gratefull if you can put my mind at rest, i sent my first letter requesting statements or charges to the nationwide on the 13th feb along with a nationwide cheque for £10. today is 20th and they still have not cashed the cheque. do they normally take so long to take the money :confused: .

i know they have 40 days to get the information to me but i thought they would have grabbed the money by now..as they are normally quick to do so, (why break a habit !!!!)

see the banks are back in the news again... more bank charges!!! dont think so - not me :-x wots your view :?:

Hi rightfully

I have to check...did you send by recorded delivery?

If so, no probs, it will have been deemed received 2 days after posting and the 40 day clock starts ticking. Dont worry if they havent cashed the cheque yet, sometimes that fact helps prove receipt of DPA but otherwise is irrelevant to whether they comply with your request.

Good luck

• Haha 1

hi rightfully, you should check online on the royal mail website, track and trace, have a look on there and be sure that they have received your letter( they did not receive my letter the delightful royal mail lost mine, so that set me back a bit)if they have received it i wouldn't worry about anything.best of luck with your claim. x

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

your welcome,oh well a lovely St valentine for them then!!, well you have done everything correct so now you just have to wait, but all the while your gaining interest so just think of it as a savings account!!, if you haven't heard anything from them about a week before 40 days are up i would drop them another letter reminding them they only have xx days to comply with data protection act as they are not getting all statements out on time (i've been waiting for statements for joint account) and they have in my case failed to comply so i'm off to court for failure to comply, don't let this worry you though as i got the first lot i requested within 2 weeks, best of luck and i'm sure you will be fine .x

thnx very much rightfully, i am glad i was able to help you, if you have any questions remember to post them and someone will be sure to answer you. x

can you please help, my husband had two bank accounts both with nationwide - flex and cash builder (neither had loads of money in). in the flex acc. he was in his £200 overdraft and obviously collecting charges, they wanted to stop his overdraft and reduced the overdraft amount by £50 each month. this obviously gained more charges. we were out shopping and wanted to get some money out of his cashbuilder the machine swallowed his card. he went into the bank and they advised him they had done this to get the money to pay off the other account. the bank then closed the flex account..

what i need to know is can i still claim back all the charges?? only one problem as this was almost 2 years ago i dont have the account number for the flex account.. during the identity thieft panic i shredded every thing, that was before i learnt about claiming back charges. will i be able to ask them for the account number? do i write a polite letter or tell them of my intentions? if they know what i am going to do will they not hold back the information? :-?

thanking you for any advice you can give me :)

can you please help, my husband had two bank accounts both with nationwide - flex and cash builder (neither had loads of money in). in the flex acc. he was in his £200 overdraft and obviously collecting charges, they wanted to stop his overdraft and reduced the overdraft amount by £50 each month. this obviously gained more charges. we were out shopping and wanted to get some money out of his cashbuilder the machine swallowed his card. he went into the bank and they advised him they had done this to get the money to pay off the other account. the bank then closed the flex account..

what i need to know is can i still claim back all the charges?? only one problem as this was almost 2 years ago i dont have the account number for the flex account.. during the identity thieft panic i shredded every thing, that was before i learnt about claiming back charges. will i be able to ask them for the account number? do i write a polite letter or tell them of my intentions? if they know what i am going to do will they not hold back the information? :-?

thanking you for any advice you can give me :)

Hi...Yes you can claim back the charges and it doesn't matter if you don't have the account number...What you need to do is send a SAR to nationwide for both accounts. Give them all the details they'll need, i.e. Name + Address you were at when you had the account (if different from now), his DOB and you might want to add something like his driving licence. Send with SAE as well...I would personally phone Nationwide first to ask them what they would require you to send, which would enable them to find the details they want. Don't let them fob you off at this stage...If you need to know anything else, just ask :)

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there

thought i would let you guys know how things are going for me... nationwide have eventually cashed my cheque on 21st feb. now i am just waiting for the package of statements to arrive... how exciting :D

thanks to everyone for giving me the encouagement to do this

good for you rightfully, just wait on the postman now, i received my statements yesterday ( at last) although i did tell them that iwas taking them to court a wee phone call and the threat of court and i got my statements the next day!!:D

Hi There

good for you, they will pay....they have no choice..but please open another account NOW with a different bank, because if you are with Nationwide they WILL pay and then a few days later they will give you notification of closure of your account in 32 days.

Save yourself the rush and hassle and get prepared before you ahve to race around changing accounts.

Enjoy your cash when it gets back into its rightful bank account

Jenfreya