rightfullymine v Nationwide

rightfullymine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

h ok so i do the other one ok!!

but you know when you get the last sheet with your statements that lists unpaid cheqs & dds and unauth overdrafts ?? they list interest seperately do i list that too?? its only a matter of pence each time?? so is it worth doing the complex one or can i forget it ?? not sure whats best :? :? :?

well i have done the simple spreadsheet but i am a bit unsure if i am doing the right thing !!!

my claim is for 1205.00 thats not including the 8% !! (thats for direct debits & cheques fees only)

my uncertainty is i also have been charged 101.03 for unauthorised overdraft fees. i looked at the spreadsheet and notes to cover the overdraft fees and it put me off a bit, i have also read on here that its easier to not claim for the overdraft and interest :confused: .

i think its not worth it but then why should they get away with my money??

does anyone have any words of wisdom that could help me decide once and for all.

i am no great mathmatician and all the working out of interest scares me :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i have been reading a few other threads and they say they have added interest but no mention of unauth overdrafts?? very confused now!!!!!!!

please help me :oops:

my uncertainty is i also have been charged 101.03 for unauthorised overdraft fees.

Is this figure for unauthorised overdraft fees or is it overdraft interest.

You can claim unauthorised overdraft fees, but these are normally round figures.

You can claim overdraft interest, but only that which relates to interest charged on your penalties, but it's tricky to separate out from the general overdraft interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

thanks michael,

i checked throught them again and found another one !

then overall total not including interest is 115.00.

not sure if this is substantial enough to persue if interest is difficult. shame i just cant claim for the amount they have taken from me!! or can i?

Hi rightfullymine.

Participating as you requested. The interest (not the 8%) was the monthly overdraft interest Nationwide charged me over the years from 2001, as calculated by the 'complex' spreadsheet.

I work with figures all day so it's easy for me! Were you charged interest, i.e. were you ever overdrawn on the account you are claiming the return of charges from? It is important to get this bit right before you send your schedules. I am willing to help if you like :)

firstly thank you pitters for answering me so promptly :)

i am this morning still having a major delemma... thank you for your offer of help, in figures i am only talking 115.00 that has been taken from me in unauth overd. fees (no interest).

i suppose i would be better to stick to the simple and claim back 1205.00 of which i can be more confident.. i could just mention in the letter (not including 115.00 of unauthorised overdraft charges) then maybe they will give that back to me out of the kindness of their heart !!

i will give it a thought for an hour.

thanks again pitters

:lol: have a good day

hi emmap21

when you first send off the SAR to request your information you must send a cheque for £10. the letter is in the templates thread so you can get the wording correct. the £10 is the one and only charge you need to pay to get all the relevant info you need for the past 6 years. if you ask for the information without a SAR letter the will try to charge £5 a statement!

check out the barclaycard thread and you will see how others are progressing.

remember to post useing recorded delivery, so then you can go onto royal mail website and see who and when took delivery of your letter.. then its 40 days waiting. i recieved mine in 3 weeks by recorded delivery.

good luck in getting back whats rightfully yours !!

if i have been of any help please add to my reputation by clicking the middle icon bottom left.. thank you

well ive done my simple spreadsheet... and just about to print the 2nd letter.. can anyone confirm what address i send this letter too..

the SAR i sent to nationwide house pipers way swindon.. but the package i recieved was addressed kings park road, moulton park northampton... should i send it back to there to henry geidt, or pipers way again.

hi pitters

thanks for your help, ok i will send to pipers way again.. so i have decided to go the simple route as i dont think the figures are worth the worry!!

how do you think i should add the unauth over fees just an add on in the letter. or put at the bottom of the spreadsheet??