1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I forgot to say that we also got the I st Cred LSC solicitors threat letter earlier on too. We are now pressing them to say in writting that they accept our offer of one quid as sorted out with CAB for all our creditors. We also asked them to send us a copy of the original agrement on the account as I would like to see what they have on file.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest is the these sharks are still asking us to ring to discuss the matter even though we have stated that we only want written responses. They seen terrified of putting anything down in writing. We have offered to give the token payments as agreed with CAB yet they will not admit this and they still have not supplied us with a copy of the agreement we signed when we took out the loan.

What pressue does this doc have on creditors and who says so???

Request their complaints procedure. Then, when they fail to respond to your satisfaction after 8 weeks, report them to FOS, who, if they think you have a valid complaint, will charge them £400 + for investigating it ;)

Latest is the these sharks are still asking us to ring to discuss the matter even though we have stated that we only want written responses. They seen terrified of putting anything down in writing. We have offered to give the token payments as agreed with CAB yet they will not admit this and they still have not supplied us with a copy of the agreement we signed when we took out the loan.

What pressue does this doc have on creditors and who says so???

As they have not complied with you CCA request they have formally put the debt into dispute and you can quite happlily cease all payments to them until such times as they can prove the debt by the production of a valid CCA

Cheers guys

Excuse my thickness but what is "FOS"?

The point about them not giving us an original loan agreement makes sense too. Anyone could send one a bill for a debt yet without proof of its origin it would seem baseless.

Thick again sorry - but what does "CCA" actually stand for, is it Credit Company Agreement? Need spoon-feeding on this stuff so that we can give them the proper response.

This ammo will be very interesting to pull out. I cannot understand why they are being so stupid about our fairly offered token offer when we have clearly given them the CAB proof re the Fanancial statement of what we can only afford. They are just ignoring this point and pestering us to ring to discuss it, which probably means we ring and their lovely agent verbally threatens us again. We have told them that we only want it in writing. They seem very unfocused on this lot to say the least.

LCS Solicitors do not appear on the Register of Data Controllers; they do not have a separate entry, and nor do they feature in 1st Credit's entry - trading names are supposed to be listed.

Also, the LCS Solicitors letterhead is not compliant with the Companies Act. WHilst it shows that LCS is part of 1st Credit, it does not show the registered office address, which is a legal requirement.

LCS don't show up on the Law Society's search function, but it's optional for firms to be on it. I'm not clear on whether solicitors are obliged to register with the Law Society - one would think there'd be some way to check that an individual or firm really is what they say they are.

I have told 1st Credit that I intend to complain to the SRA about LCS; I'm going to do a bit of research into their 'principal solicitor', one D B Davies.

If you Google 'LCS Solicitors', after the inevitable first CAG result, the next is LCS - Legal Complaints Service - oh, the irony...

Edited by ScarletPimpernel

Hi All with regard to LCS they are not registered with the Law Society.

David Barry Davies is registered as LDS.

They are currently investigating my complaint.

Grateful if you could expand on this a bit - Googling 'LDS' produces Laura Devine Solicitors - no sign of the elusive D B Davies.

I am keen to complain about him to the SRA.

Latest is that they are sending us letters as the DEBT HELP TEAM (same address of course, derrr). They have totally ingored our request for the original loan doc too. I have asked for their complaints procedure and run up a list of all the requests they have failed to adress. This latest letter is much sweeter to us and mentions generous discounts for final settlements.

They clearly do not to listen but I shall make them listen. It also mentions how "couteoues" and conciderate their callers are. UN - BLOODY - BELIEVABLE!

Any more info will be put to good use herein guys please!

It also mentions how "couteoues" and conciderate their callers are. UN - BLOODY - BELIEVABLE!

That has got to be the funniest thing I've read in a very long time :cool:

What planet are 1st credit on? :lol:

I'd hate to think what they consider rude, obnoxious, lying, bullying, harassing, abusive... I could go on but we'd be here all year :rolleyes:

My wife has a loan with LTSB and we CCA'd them lasy year, with no reply so far. Iquor sent letter to which we sent letter as post 87. Letter back refering it back to LTSB. Then letter from our 'friends' WorstCredit. Sent them letter as in post 87. Letter back refering back to LTSB. Then the phone calls started from WorstCredit. Refused to speak to them, now a threatening letter. Is there a template letter We can send. We have a template for harrassment by phone but can't find one for the threatening letter......anyone help?

There are two version the short one

Dear 1st

Feck Off

or the slightly longer version

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Idiots

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, *Subject Access request and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Dont hold your breath on them sending a copy of their complaints procedure. Im still waiting after six weeks. Still in two weeks time I can go directly to the FOS. 1st wont pass go and will have to pay £450:D

Dont hold your breath on them sending a copy of their complaints procedure. Im still waiting after six weeks. Still in two weeks time I can go directly to the FOS. 1st wont pass go and will have to pay £450:D

Shame it wasn't '1st crud won't pass go but go directly to jail' :D

Perhaps we should start some online petition against the abusive, unwarrented and frankly very unprofessional actions of this outfit. The public should be made aware of their nasty tricks which can really upset people who are in dire straights fanancially.

Hi Questioner. Great idea, but do you really think we will make a differnce? These institutions ride rough shod over the comsumer by disregarding the law of the land. Even the controlling bodies (TS, OFT. FOS etc) do not seem to want to much to bring them into line. I think that the Count Courts are reluctant to enforce the law. Sorry for the rant but it makes you so angry sometimes.

Well if not a petition then a huge fuss should be made perhaps in the media with case studies of how these monsters can ruin the lives of people. They will only get away with their dirty tricks whilst people stand by and permit it to carry on without complaint or organsised protest.