Cabot - "Say hello to my little friends"

louiboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's called misrepresentation. (If one is being particularly polite.)

However, as I am ALWAYS polite and professional in my approach to these matters, I shall refrain from calling them, LYING FECKIN BARSTEWARDS WHO ARE MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG.

Otherwise that might be misconstrued as a potentially libellous statement with no bearing in truth. So I won't.

However, I AM curious as to how they can produce a letter from Barclaycard, dated the same date as the "Hello" letter, but AFTER they supposedly sent me one back in December. And dated AFTER my initial letter to them. And yet, there is no mention of them contacting Barclaycard in my SAR materials. And it can't be a copy or else the dates would match the date they SAY they sent me the "goodbye" letter initially.

They must be getting tired digging that hole by now. Might I suggest it would be easier to supply your staff with one of these, Ken?

466-digger-shovel-4x5-72.jpg

Still examining the relevance of the 2 identical letters. printed on the same day from the same printer.

Just about to seek guidance from the Intellectual Property Office, Companies House and Trading Standards. There's a substantial amount of legislation involved for the protection and use of company stationary and Trademarks.

I've already seen registered Trademarks used on letters of Assignment. Beyond reasonable doubt of the origin of the letters I have, more than sure on the others. 2 of the letters didn't comply with the legal requirements for company letterheads and were not in the genuine format.

To use another companies Trademark a written licensed/permission is required from the Trademark holder.

Are Cabot are correctly licensed to send out letters in the name of other companies. Will the Trademark holders say Cabot have their permission to use their Trademarks.

Can they admit to that?

Example of legislation: use of a Trademark can be licensed.

The effect of the license must not be to mislead the public, otherwise the value of the mark may be diminished and validity of the registration may be put in question.

Interesting to see where this goes. A Trademark must be used in a genuine manner.

He didn't come looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him.

When the smoke clears, it just means he's reloading.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. haven't sent out the Intellectual Property complaint. Been busy out riding with the Black Horse. Nearly finished then I can concentrate on Cabot.

LBA on it's way to Clydesdale Finance. OOps! Cabot restarted the limitations clock on them. Thanks Cabot :)

As part of my hunting for info found this thread Germany2006

Very intersting approach on pursuing for damges under the Data Protection Act.

• 1 month later...

Nearly finished with Black Horse and then it's back on the Cabot trail.

OOps! they left the unlawful default on my credit file and the clocks gone well past April. Safely the realm of the FOS

Yipeee! Kayaaa!

• 2 weeks later...

subscribing:p

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Cabot are now officially part of Dodgy Business.

Last Wednesday I popped up a holding page, altered a few search terms and keywords, nicked Seahorses meta tags and 5 days later the holding page has arrived on the front pages of the major search engines.

Leaping from nowhere to the front page of MSN global search attached to Cabot's tail.

Number 6 on the search for Cabot Financial.

Yahoo UK search - straight in at number 4, just behind Cabot

Goggle global Number 12 and Goggle UK Number 9.

Later today the new templates for the site should start to become available. Up they go.

Cabot are now officially part of Dodgy Business.

Last Wednesday I popped up a holding page, altered a few search terms and keywords, nicked Seahorses meta tags and 5 days later the holding page has arrived on the front pages of the major search engines.

Leaping from nowhere to the front page of MSN global search attached to Cabot's tail.

Number 6 on the search for Cabot Financial.

Yahoo UK search - straight in at number 4, just behind Cabot

Goggle global Number 12 and Goggle UK Number 9.

Later today the new templates for the site should start to become available. Up they go.

Google its at No 1:D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?

I need to get blogging. Google favours fresh content.

Want a blog? I can recommend Wordpress. The latest version is so much more secure and less vulnerable to attack. And lets face it, anybody who wants to play silly buggers will have a go at the folks who can't be bothered upgrading. And if your free host can't support it, mine does, so I could let you have some space and bandwidth.

And I know what you mean about Google. They even have a Blog search if that's the type of site you are specifically looking for. I've found one blog that it lists where someone else is having Cabot probs, but it's a private MS live site. So I've emailed him for more info. Might as well get someone else on board. He maybe doesn't even realise he's set to private.

• 1 month later...

This thread has been sleeping for some time, until Andrew1 pointed out.

Don't forget it's his birthday on the 10th, lets all send him a Cabot Fan Club Card
Monday the 10th a fine sunny day for serving the Summons that's been marking time on my desk.

Happy Birthday Mr Maynard. Here's a summons in the name of Cabot Financial (uk)

This thread has been sleeping for some time, until Andrew1 pointed out.

Monday the 10th a fine sunny day for serving the Summons that's been marking time on my desk.

Happy Birthday Mr Maynard. Here's a summons in the name of Cabot Financial (uk)

:D