Anyone had dealings with LCS AKA 1st Locate (UK) ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a look at this scums website.

On what authority do they claim to be able to demand the names and addresses of former tenants, current tenants and Landlord. :confused:

Might fill in a few fake details.

I suspect Miss B. Swollacks might have some urgent info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They won't send anyone, Lily2903, they use this as a threat to frighten people into paying up on the spot. I fell for this myself three years ago, when I was sent a vile letter by another DCA, over an alleged debt to 3 (mobile phones), that was only a month old anyway. In horror, because I'd never had any such thing sent to me before, I paid it right away, and resolved to argue with them over it later. In fact, their deadline for "sending someone" had already expired by the time I made the payment! I got my money back, plus some more that I'd paid to 3 over and above what I didn't owe them anyway after I'd cancelled my contract. Get your mobile phone provider to bar their texts and calls, too - this is a further "wearing down" tactic. Unfortunately, if you phone them after receiving their initial letter, they instantly get your number, unless you have made it anonymous beforehand.

• 4 weeks later...

To all having problems with LCS.......

I had the same problem with LCS sending demand letters for account arrears that were left by a previous tenant. I had spoken to and sent several emails to try to rectify this; nothintg worked.

Yesterday I sent an email to Scottish Power stating that I was trying to resolve this one last time and if I was unsuccessful I was passing all of the details to Energywatch, part of Consumer Focus.

Less than 24 hours later I have received an email confirming that the balance due has been amended to zero and that Scottish Power's legal agent would be notified automatically. There was even an apology for the inconvenience caused.

Not sure if all utility providers will act in the same way, however I thought I would share this so you can give it a go.

Good Luck

Edited by John__C

I had a look at this scums website.

On what authority do they claim to be able to demand the names and addresses of former tenants, current tenants and Landlord. :confused:

Might fill in a few fake details.

I suspect Miss B. Swollacks might have some urgent info.

How about adding an Anita Goforadump:lol:

What idiots! Had a call from a patronising, arrogant and sarcastic muppet called Aiden. He claims that I owe money for British Gas. I have dealt with BG and they said it is over and there is no debt, but these muppets say that they do not have this information from BG!

What a farce and it must be a laugh when they feed the monkeys at LCS!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Please could you advise where you found the address details of the directors of this company? I'm interested to find out as Darren Guest hasn't lived at that address for over 8 years so would like them to update their information

Many thanks

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately....and i hate to admit it but I am a former employee of this company :(

I started with the company last year and ended with them 8 months later (thank god).

It is a very competitive market and they continue to drum into you "Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate!!!" No....to me it was plain and simple "BULLYING"

Your aim is to secure payment with whatever means necessary - nine times out of ten the trace is incorrect so you have the incorrect person anyway!...letters are sent out EVERY TEN DAYS and have the standard wording "you have chosed to ignore our request to contact us"....when in fact the customers havent...

Its a horrible environment to work in, i would not recommend it to anyone...the best thing is...with it being target based everyone is apparently only on a 3 month contract at a time and if you do not meet your targets...instead of training you and helping you - they fire you and replace you....simple as that.......

I feel for the people who i dealt with and had to contact, and i feel for the people who dio receive letters or calls from this company!!!!!!!

You are kinda telling us what we already know, glad you've got out for whatever reason you clearly didi not enjoy threatening people, good luck with finding better work.

Don't do drugs and don't enter debt manaagement clear message really, either you'll end up fired because your too human or you have no pulse and you end up very good at the job.

Care to share more tricks of the gutter trade?

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 5 months later...

Received e letter from these idiots today as well representing Scottish and Southern Energy.

I told Southern Electric that they invoiced me at the new property as well as the old property for an over lapping period. Looks that it is something they cannot comprehend, so tough luck for them, will just take longer for them to get the amount I really owes.

I thought they were Southern Electric, is Scottish and Southern Energy and Scottish Power the same company? Seems I cannot figure this one out.

I see these bottom feeders added an "administration" fee for £112.20. I wish them the best of luck in their endeavour collecting it!!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Received e letter from these idiots today as well representing Scottish and Southern Energy.

I told Southern Electric that they invoiced me at the new property as well as the old property for an over lapping period. Looks that it is something they cannot comprehend, so tough luck for them, will just take longer for them to get the amount I really owes.

I thought they were Southern Electric, is Scottish and Southern Energy and Scottish Power the same company? Seems I cannot figure this one out.

I see these bottom feeders added an "administration" fee for £112.20. I wish them the best of luck in their endeavour collecting it!!

Dear Lord Tiger - yes, SSE and Southern Electric etc are all the same company. I always think it's funny that Southern Electric covers the most southerly point of the UK, and its parent company is almost as far north as you can possibly go - a good old local service!!!! I'm in the process of disputing an "administration charge" with another DCA - all the best with that!

Hi Lord_Tiger_Putin

Just to clarify - ScottishPower are a different company from SSE and Southern Electric.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower

Thanks for the clarification. Scottish Power is my current supplier and there are no hassles.

It is only Southern Electric which I cannot get so far as to send me an invoice for the correct timeframe.

I always knew them as Southern Electric and when they started to talk about Scottish and Southern Electric I became confused.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

• 1 year later...

Hi There,

I am also getting calls from LCS. I decided that I'd try and pay money I owe them, send an E-Mail to the support E-Mail address for LCS and somebody from 1stlocateleeds.co.uk replied back.

I advised that I will send over my financial statement showing them how much I can afford, but they are insisting this letter must either come from CCCS or the Citizens Advice Bureau.

I know what I can afford to pay, and have calculated it on my own financial statement - Can this 1stlocate company force me into having one drawn up by CCCS or CAB?

Thanks,

Kyle

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am getting sporadic calls & texts on my mobile from these idiots.

The last was

"Hello is that Mr Newman"

"Yes"

"Can you confirm your address please and reference number"

"Who is this?"

"LCS"

"Who or what are LCS"

"We are calling about a BT debt, we have written 3 letters to you that have been ignored,can you confirm your address please and reference number"

"I have no BT debt, I have not received any letters from you and I will not give my address and I don't have a reference number"

"Oh why not?"

"Because I don't want to and I don't deal with debt collectors over the phone"

"I need to confirm your address so that I can discuss this debt with you"

"Write to me then"

"The address we have is xxxxx"

"That's not my address and never has been, if that is where you have sent the letter to then obviously they have been ignored, I live here and that address is not here "

"I need to deal with this now!"

"I don't and it appears that we have a stalemate, write to me and I may be able to help you"

"Well if you wont give me your address then we can't write to you"

"Exactly" So does that mean this call is now over then?"

"Ummm what do you mean, I want to resolve this issue and you are being obstructive"

I stayed silent from this point and the caller kept trying to trap me into giving my address.

After a further 5 minutes of the charade I said "I am hanging up now as I don't recognise LCS as someone who requires my address, as far as I am aware this could be a financial [problem]"

But before I could finish they hung up on me. :lol:

I love playing these games with these jokers. If they could bother to do any real work, all they have to do is look on the electoral role (they actually have recently) I am on it and I always have been, they would see that I have no connection to the address they are talking about.

I know what it is about but I don't acknowledge any debt as it was created by my ex-wife.

Heyho it's all fun and entertaining and I love winding them up when they get rude or angry.

Unless they write to me I ignore them now and I have blocked their number on my phone. I save all text messages just in case I need to take this further and report them for harassment.

So folks all I say is this, ignore any calls from, if you answer give no information to them.

Good luck.

Oscar :-D

• 1 month later...
I am also having problems with LCS I have received several letters the initials are the same as mine and the debt is £48 for scottish power I opened the first letter because the name was very similiar to mine but any other letters I have received I have sent them back unopened not known at this address return to sender. I have telephoned them but I won't waste my time anymore. I have lived at my present address for 35 years and according to LCS I was living at another address in 1999. I have now received a postcard informing this person that an agent will be calling at my address on friday well they are going to be very disappointed because that person they are after doesn't live here and I am certainly not going to answer the door to them.

I am also having problems with LCS but with EDF. They have been informed that the account number refers to the previous tenant and that i have receipts, including a final bill with receipt, from EDF but they are not interested. I am about to send a letter to their CEO warning them that i am about to take legal action against him and EDF for damages and harassment. Will let you know the result.