are they right?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

can anyone help me with this?

i booked a twin centre holiday in florida for my family last year to be taken this year, with thomson.

some time after paying the deposit i received a letter saying that they had decided not to run the twin centre holidays and asking me to call in branch to see about changing the holiday.

i went in and as we specifically wanted this holiday i asked to cancel it as they were effectively saying that they would no longer provide me with what i had wanted.

this is where my problem is.

although they refunded most of my deposit with no hassle they kept £200 of it saying that as i had asked for tickets to various attractions in florida at the time of booking and were supplied by another company these still had to be paid for, which is why they kept the £200.

so in short, they couldn't give me what i was paying for but insist i pay for some tickets which are useless to me.

unfortunately i did not know about this site at the time and accepted what they said even though it doesn't sound right to me.

are they right in what they have said and as this was a couple of months ago can i do anything about it.

thanks.

My guess is that you've signed two completely seperate contracts; one for a Thomson holiday and one with a ticket-supplier. My assumption would be that the terms and conditions of the ticket-supplier company will state that they are non-refundable and are seperate to changes or cancellations that might occur with any seperate holiday booking.

It's worth looking at the paperwork.

Plus...I assume you booked through a high-street agency? Which one? Was it Thomson? And if so, how were the tickets explained to you? Were you given a seperate receipt?