• Tweets

• whitelist - the same with mine....the battery had a mind of its own. i bought it for my Son...he'd shut it down and it would be completely off but the power light would either stay on or flash...also it wouldnt start properly, had cmos errors on boot and other stuff.   i bought it through HP store on ebay ..brand new. after 6 days of receipt i recieced an email from HP asking if i was happy...i returned an email saying no and that i want to send it back as it was faulty (basically the email served as a reminder for me to leave them good feedback lol...not as a geniune enquiry to actually make sure i was happy with as they didnt reolve the issue when i was not) after trying to sort it for a couple of months with HP not replying, not offering a solution etc i finally got passed tech support who confirmed it was faulty. i then had to return it to their factory. this is where its gets beyond worse...waited 3 times for parcelforce to collect - they didnt. in the end HP sent me a label which i had to take to the post office - not good as im disabled with a mobility disability. then they asked for my bank account number to issue the refund. they hardly ever replied to my emails and it took over a month and a half to refund me once they had received the laptop back. no explanation, no progress emails, no updates. i kept emailing them on a daily basis as no one would reply to my emails through the website, forum, internal email addresses and even phoned 3 different departments who basically had no idea what to do or what was going on and did not help...they couldnt even tell me when the refund would be issued, let alone why it hadnt been done already. on the forums theres other customers who've had to wait 6 weeks , 2 months , over 2 months etc...it seems as though HP like to with hold peoples money to earn interest on the money in their account. i spents days phoning and emailing them - even sent a recorded letter. at the begining i phoned citizens advice and they said i am entitled to put back into the same financial position as before i lost the out of pocket expenses ie: compensation for my time and recorded letter sent etc. ive started a martin lewis 'resolver' case with them and basically in a snotty reply they told me im not entitled to compensation which is contradictory to what citizens advice told me. i was just wondering if theres any .gov website or law/legislation that i could reply with and say "no your wrong - please compensate me"
    • LBC is here. Complete with a note showing a phantom payment. What to do next?
    • I suppose it doesn't make a massive amount of difference as Kev has never had the guts to do court - well at least not yet - but to me the number of cards played still needs to be reduced.  Given the OP has already referred to the "very busy and overflowing car park" in the appeal I'd refer to that and tell Kev to go and look up case no.3JD08399.
    • thanks ftmdave again for the help with letter. thanks lookinforinfo for the info, im glad i found this forum as its a great comfort and relief to know ive dont the right thing as i wasnt too sure at first. and good to know what excel are really like.   thanks guys.
    • Hello!  First timer on here, discovered this amazing site and threads on debt issues only yesterday. After never having a bad debt in my life, almost 2.5 years ago I was scammed by my now-ex partner who calculatingly manipulated me into taking out a bounceback loan, 2 personal loans and a credit card.  He took all the money via ruthless deception, every penny, as well as the car (bought with unsecured personal loan) and all my furniture, personal belongings and even most of my clothes as well.  I'd packed up my life to move to another part of the country with him, only to discover he'd scammed me and been clever about it, so he directed the removal truck to a location unknown to me (never saw my stuff again!), and car is registered into someone else's name.  All this happened abroad.  I have won a criminal case against him abroad and he has been given a custodial sentence (which he is appealing while on bail), but it is difficult to get financial reparation so I am left with over £40k of debt to my name in the UK.    I am in my mid-50s, and have no assets whatsoever, I still live abroad (renting) and cannot afford to return to live in the UK due to the debts and decreasing income. It's been devastating and I've been struggling enormously since it happened (Jan 2022).  I have been suicidal at times. I was making combined loan/cc payments of £1300 monthly for over two years, but I'm self-employed (sole trader) and my UK-based small business has suffered 70% loss of income since Oct 2023 due to changes affecting government funding for the market I provide services to.  My income is commission-based, and has reduced to an average of £1200 per month. As I currently live abroad (outside EEU), I am not resident in the UK for tax purposes and haven't been for more than 3 years (my work is done remotely outside the UK, even though my clients are in the UK and payment is received into my UK bank account).  That means I am not entitled to an IVA or bankruptcy options.  My only option in terms of a debt repayment solution is a DMP. I maintain a UK correspondence address (my mother's home) and use this for my bank account, loans, credit cards etc.  I have only informed HSBC (bank acc) and one loan company that I moved abroad and that the UK address is only a correspondence address (been scared of potential consequences of informing them, even though I don't know what they could be or if there would be any). My worst fear is being taken to court, bankruptcy, etc, and my bank account and income being controlled and all surplus income above basic needs being taken etc, when I literally have almost nothing in life at this stage and desperately want to try to rebuild my life somehow and have some normality again.  Perhaps even move back to the UK if I can afford to. I've contacted all my creditors except cc (it's an HSBC card so am concerned it would affect my bank account with them.  I also bank abroad with HSBC and have global-linked accounts with them).  All interest has been stopped on my loans since April (period of 4 months on two loans, 6 months on bounceback loan with Pay As You Grow option agreed).  Continued so far to pay at least minimum payment on HSBC credit card.  I spoke to PayPlan yesterday and they've worked out a DMP paying £289.50 per month for 11 yrs 7 months, with annual reviews - not signed up to it yet, and concerned about customer reviews I've read about them demanding double payments a year or so down the line and not making payments to the creditors for long periods, etc.  Frightens the life out of me trusting them with the limited money I have - I don't want to go out of the frying pan into the fire in terms of stress that could last years, going by some of the horror story reviews. Considering the DIY DMP option, dealing directly with my creditors myself.  But not even sure going down the DMP route is the best option.  What do I gain from doing that? Sounds like I will still end up with an arrears or even a default record on my credit file even with a DMP, and I will be paying money I really need to help me get my life back on track, especially as I don't even have a full state pension entitlement - would be better used to pay missing years into that, surely, if I do have some surplus?  Either way, with or without a DMP, I won't be able to borrow so how would a bad credit score affect me anyway?  Seems like it could be best to allow them to go to default in the hope that it can all be SB-ed after 6 years. At this early stage, I know I will benefit from advice here about what route to go down and pros & cons/risks etc of: a) DMP with PayPlan b) DIY DMP c) Going down the default route in hope of debts being sold to DCA and not paying anything further with result that it is all SB-ed after 6 years. Struggling to pay off the loans for the next 11 years @ £289.50 seems daunting and such a long time, when I really need every penny to restart my life, regain some dignity, restore my mental health etc... I hope someone here help me make the right decision at this point, before I've committed to anything or have paid lots of money for years with little dent into the loans.... Details : HSBC Bounceback Loan (unsecured):  taken Dec 2021, original amount £9000, 2.5%.  Currently owe £4950.  Monthly payment:  £159.  Not missed any payments, but agreed PAYG option in April - full holiday for 6 mths, restart payments at £73.00 in October, term extended to 2030. TSB personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Aug 2021, original amount £23,000, 9.2%.  Monthly payment £475.  Currently owe £14,550.  Missed 2 payments. Interest stopped since April, no payments offered or made.  Situation to be reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). Sainsburys personal Loan (unsecured) - taken Jan 2022, original amount £25,000, 8.6%.  Monthly payment £514.  Currently owe £14000.  Missed 2 payments.  Interest stopped since April, made 1 payment of £50.00 on 7 May (offered to pay £50/month until situation reviewed prior to default - which will be after 4 missed payments). HSBC credit card APR 18.9% - £6900 currently owing, continuing to pay at least minimum payment (£180/month), not contacted them so far. Applied for Starling bank account, as advised by PayPlan to have a separate a/c from my HSBC one as they would have the right to take money from my account to pay off my HSBC cc debt if I stopped paying that. Sorry this is so long and a big thank you for reading down to the end!  I hope the detail helps with advising me on best course of action and possible/likely consequences.      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I think Im on my 4th letter? I received a letter from Graham White solicitors, from a Micheal Sobell.

It goes on to say I havent paid a parking fine after being written to from UKPC and Roxburge. It says this is the letter before legal proceedings are issued in the county court.

The costs have now rissen as follows:

Claim issue fee: £30.00

Solicitors cost for issuing fee: £50.00

Judgement costs: £25.00

Warrent issue fee: £35.00

Solicitors cost for issuing warrent: £2.25

Total: £142.25

Then I am threatend with baliffs at the end.

So now I would just like some reassurence to carry this on, well I'll have to ignore now the cost is rising lol :D

Am I near the end? :???:

P.s I have ignored and filed every letter I have received. I have made no attempts to contact them by letter or phone.

I have received the same letter 2 days ago, it says i have 7 days to respond. well lets see what they do after 7 days. i too have not responded to any of these stupid letters.:D

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who's posted information on this site. My 'offence' with UKPC happened at Merry Hill on 29th November last year and, after it had happened, I was pretty cross about it and took loads of photos with my phone ready to lodge my appeal as to why I shouldn't pay. Then I found this forum and realised that I shouldn't contact them, I've now had 6 letters from them, the last being a notice of visit (sorry, I must type these things correctly - a NOTICE OF VISIT) letter from Rossendales on 24th Feb but nothing since - all I can assume is that they're having trouble finding my house. Perhaps it's finally come to an end - and I didn't even get a Graham White letter...

Anyway, the reason why I'm posting, apart from to say thank you to everyone for their stories, is to make a comment about anyone posting a message saying 'we must stop this', 'isn't this illegal' or 'how dare the DVLA give out my details'. I don't want companies like UKPC to stop operating in this manner. If they are stopped by law, all they'll do is resort to clamping or some other nasty way of getting your money off you.

OK, I was very frustrated when I saw the ticket on my car but I'm not going to blindly send someone a cheque for £35, £70, £115 or any such amount without a damn good reason. When I got home I Googled 'UKPC' and this forum was 1st on the list (it's slipped down to 2nd now - UKPC's web site has overtaken them all), followed by Money Saving Expert and Pepipoo - and they all said the same thing; ignore it. How much hassle was that? Very little. And after a bit of further reading when each of my letters arrived, I knew other had people had gone through what was happening to me and was confident that I could ignore them and it looks like I've come out the other end now. Again, very little hassle for me.

If people are stupid enough to just send a cheque off to these [problematic] without investigating it then it's their money they're losing. While it's still profitable for UKPC to operate in this way, I say let them do it. Like everyone else reading this forum, we've got the brains to investigate this and realise that we can just ignore it. It's a lot more difficult to ignore when there's a wheel clamp on your car and a hell of a lot more difficult to come out the other end of things without having to pay a penny.

Edited by cardboardman

I don't think it's a case of 'people being stupid' - they're more likely easily intimidated, and dislike being confrontational. This is to their detriment, and perhaps the much-maligned 'ostrich' approach (putting your head in the sand) is the CORRECT approach for these communications!

Cardman

If the last letter you had was a Notice of Visit from Rossendales you've got at least another couple of letters to come. I had mine mid January and since then have had two letters from Credit Security Limited.

The first one DEMANDED IMMDIATE payment followed two weeks later by "legal documents are being prepared"

Cardman

If the last letter you had was a Notice of Visit from Rossendales you've got at least another couple of letters to come. I had mine mid January and since then have had two letters from Credit Security Limited.

The first one DEMANDED IMMDIATE payment followed two weeks later by "legal documents are being prepared"

Very true. After the 'legal documents are being prepared' letter then theres the 'final, final, final' letter which gives you the chance to settle at a lesser sum before action!:roll: Thats the 'were getting desperate now and really want your money' letter!!! They usually disappear then :)

Hi there, I have been following the advice given on the forum after having the same issues with UKPC as the rest on here.

I have now received a letter from Credit security Limited for a demand of £125.The day after i received the letter i got a phone call from a debt collection agency who would not disclose there name. I managed to get the phone number and called it back but surprise surprise the office was shut. Ant advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance:)

Just before you hang up - press the recall [R] button on your phone. This effectively places the call on hold at the exhange, and sounds much more efficient that just hanging up by slamming the handset down!

Just before you hang up - press the recall [R] button on your phone. This effectively places the call on hold at the exhange, and sounds much more efficient that just hanging up by slamming the handset down!

:p:)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and found you on google, i thought i'd put a post on here rather than starting a new thread. I've been reading this thread for about an hour now.

Basically my story is that i parked in a local tesco's car park, and had to park with my car over the white lines as the car next to me was too close. When i returned i had a notification on my window saying i will receive a charge letter through the post.

Having read a lot of pages of this thread i really only have one thing to ask. . . .

Should i follow the advise early on in the thread and correspond with UKPC and the resulting debt collection companies as outlined in the templates on here, or should i just completely ignore all letters sent to me as some people have adivsed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm pretty nervous but i'm determined not to let them rob me of my money.

Thanks!

Hi mate,

I had the same thing apart from i purposely parked on the white hatchings in sainsbusys cause it was raining and couldnt be bothered to find a space lol.

Basically just follow the advise on here with the standard letter templates about what to say when you dispute the ticket. In this case i wrote one letter and never heard anything back, in other cases I had to write a few times but if you read the advise they are p*ss easy to get out off once you know how.

(Oh and by the way when i say I, i mean someone else who was driving my car at the time who i lent the car to on that day) :rolleyes:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and found you on google, i thought i'd put a post on here rather than starting a new thread. I've been reading this thread for about an hour now.

Basically my story is that i parked in a local tesco's car park, and had to park with my car over the white lines as the car next to me was too close. When i returned i had a notification on my window saying i will receive a charge letter through the post.

Having read a lot of pages of this thread i really only have one thing to ask. . . .

Should i follow the advise early on in the thread and correspond with UKPC and the resulting debt collection companies as outlined in the templates on here, or should i just completely ignore all letters sent to me as some people have adivsed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm pretty nervous but i'm determined not to let them rob me of my money.

Thanks!

Personally i would reply using the standard replys that are detailed in this threat and other replies. At least then if they threaten to take you to court you have clearly tried to sort out the matter.

If i had more time i would point you to the right place for the standard letters but its just a case of reading this post from the start. Thats what i did, may take you an hour but will save you £80 or whatever the fine is.

Hey guys thanks for the really speedy replies!

So basically i should just ignore every letter they send to me no matter how threatening it is and not bother corresponding with them at all?

Hi to a fellow Hull Lad, thanks for e-mail, as suggested by the others just ignore all, you can of course reply to thier mail but as in my case they take not the slightest bit of notice of what you have said, I would even think if you had died on the spot they would still slap a ticket on you. Re mine I recived all the usual threats of the sky will fall in on you etc, the letters have now stopped, because they have no redress to get monies off anyone, stick it out and have a good laugh :grin: at the wording in thier letters. all the best don't use TESCO's anymore and power to the people.

The most successful course of action now seems to be to completely ignore the PPC. They don't take a blind bit of notice of anything you write to them and by writing you are only confirming they have found a point of contact and are getting to you.

It seems UKPC/Rossendales are getting more desperate these days.

My Mrs got a phone call from Rossendales the other day, a few weeks after a 'notice of visit'. Not unusual you may think, but as I posted previously, we aren't in the phone book or on any database like 192.com due to carefully ticked privacy boxes etc. So I suspect this means they must have phoned BT or similar and PAID for the number (we aren't ex-directory).

Luckily she has experience of awkward buggers on phones.

They asked her to confirm who she was as they wanted proof she was who they wanted to speak to, she said 'I don't know who you are either! Take me to court'. She then left them on hold for 5 minutes listening to Radio1:p

Hi guys,

This is a great forum. My partner has been issues with an Enforcement Notice from UKPC through the post (there was no ticket left on the vehicle)

The vehicle in question was parked outside Aldi Hatfield.

I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

1) Can a private company like UKPC access DVLA Records and issue penalty notices through the post without fixing the notice to the vehicle?

2) As my partner was not the driver of the vehicle, but is the Registered Keeper, could ignoring/contesting this fine appear negative on her personal credit report?

3) The alleged offence shows a photograph of the rear of the car - not evidence of what that the contavention was (the contravention is listed as "Unauthorised Parking; Other Contravention"). Also, there is no date/time stamp on the photograph, but there is a time mentions on the Charge Certificate.

I hate companies who do this, its complete scare mungering. As the vehicle was cleaned later that day and the ticket dumped, when we received the Penalty Notice from UKPC, we have not evidence that we legally parked; but we do have evidence that we were in Aldi where we spent £110 !!

Its things like this that would drive me away from going there again, and the companies that do suffer are people like Aldi.

Billybong

1) DVLA makes millions every year selling Registered Keeper details

2) Correct - just ignore UKPC

3) photograph is meaningless rubbish.

If they have sent a 'Charge Certficate' they are probably mimicking real council paperwork. That would be in violation of the 2008 Consumer Regulations and possible the Fraud Act 2006. report them to Trading Standards.

Ignore the PPC.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks