UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i didn't give them my phone number....which i was surprised by. that's why i'm wondering if it's normal to receive a call from them too?!

No, but I bet you are listed in the phone book? It's all part of the collection process. If you are readily identifiable (eg 'a match') then you can guarantee a call. If you are unlisted, do a Google search for your name and address - if you can do it, they WILL do it!

Should they call again, just say you're too busy to speak and hang up politely.

No, but I bet you are listed in the phone book? It's all part of the collection process. If you are readily identifiable (eg 'a match') then you can guarantee a call. If you are unlisted, do a Google search for your name and address - if you can do it, they WILL do it!

Should they call again, just say you're too busy to speak and hang up politely.

thanks for the info.

I parked in a local authority private car park which is available to the public at weekends. I purchased a parking ticket and overstayed the parking time. The ticket expired at 1.45pm and UKPC issued a ticket at 1.50pm. I returned to the car at 1.55pm on a Sunday to an empty car park !!

I have now received the usual Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice for £80/£40. Am I in a different position to a non-payer? Did I agree to thier contract terms by buying the initial parking ticket?

Thanks in advance for any opinions

Bob

It's unusual Iin my experience) for a part-time Council car park to be controlled in this way - due to the fact 5 of the 7 days it is a no-go area for the public. Secondly, are UKPC REALLY the council's official parking contractor? If not, then you just ignore them, as in earlier threads. If the UKPC DO have the right to administer the parking on a Sunday, try to verify that the regulations (for parking on Sundays) are actually timed. The notices there should advise if they do apply.

Now, as to the ticket you bought. Assumining you didn't needlessly buy a ticket in error (due to there being no restrictions for the car park in use) once it expires, then you are seen as being an unticketed parker so the fact you may have bought one previously won;t make much difference.

My gut feeling is that the ticket you bought may well be for normal on street parking and not for the location you actually parked in.

It's unusual Iin my experience) for a part-time Council car park to be controlled in this way - due to the fact 5 of the 7 days it is a no-go area for the public. Secondly, are UKPC REALLY the council's official parking contractor? If not, then you just ignore them, as in earlier threads. If the UKPC DO have the right to administer the parking on a Sunday, try to verify that the regulations (for parking on Sundays) are actually timed. The notices there should advise if they do apply.

Now, as to the ticket you bought. Assumining you didn't needlessly buy a ticket in error (due to there being no restrictions for the car park in use) once it expires, then you are seen as being an unticketed parker so the fact you may have bought one previously won;t make much difference.

My gut feeling is that the ticket you bought may well be for normal on street parking and not for the location you actually parked in.

No this is definitely a Kent County Council staff car park, available to the public at weekends. I am going to have another look at any signs when I go back on Tuesday :(

If it is a staff car park, you may be fine. There was an Inland Revenue case a few years back, where it was established that If the council charged for out of hours use of their staff car park, then the staff also had to pay the equivalwnt, or be taxed as if it was a benefit-in-kind. Effectively by NOT charging for out of ours parking, the staff don;t have to pay either, and that's the way they like it!

Latest update from me...

1st letter from UKPC - charge £40 - Ignored

2nd letter from UKPC - charge £80 - Ignored

3rd letter from Rossendales Collect - charge £120+ - ignored

I wont be getting any phone calls, I'm not listed.

The Mrs is still nervous as she is RK, but I am appeasing her for now.

I guess there will be at least one more from them before it goes quiet?

I've had 3 letters from Rossendales and a charming phone call from a charismaless character called john whose grasp of legal process was somewhat lacking and he couldn't understand why I would pay ah well....:)

In my last letter from RK I'm now in the hands of Churchill debt recovery and 3 weeks ago was due an imminent visit from one of their men (presumably a portly chap in a panama hat, smoking a cuban cigar, threatening to fight me on the beaches until I pay up!) a big of digging seems to reveal Chuchill Debt Recovery as being part of the RK empire although the little scamps don't mention this in their letter. All correspondence has so far been ignored and the only damage would appear to be to RK's red ink cartridge... Happy Days.;)

That IS interesting! Now why would Whites wish to pay to send bailiffs round BEFORE they've taken you to court..? Putting the cart before the horse comes to mind.

What did they say exactly - can you scan it?

That IS interesting! Now why would Whites wish to pay to send bailiffs round BEFORE they've taken you to court..? Putting the cart before the horse comes to mind.

What did they say exactly - can you scan it?

i don't have a scanner but will type out the main content of the letter...

you were written to by UK PARKING CONTROL LTD and their agent roxburghe requesting the settlement of a Parking Contravention Charge Notice. Due to the absence of payment, or a valid appeal, our client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

therefore, it is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the Country Court. This letter fulfils this requirement.

then it goes on to the breakdown of costs i have incurred which total 142.25 gbp.

they then go on to say how my chances of obtaining credit could be affected if any judgement was to be registered against me.

here is the bit about bailiffs...

in the event of a Judgement Order not being adhered to, we may instruct Bailiffs to attend at your address who are authorised to seize your goods for sale at public auction in the amount claimed plus all Statutory Interest.

please contact us with your proposals for settlement within 7 days to avoid the possibility of this action.

usual rubbish from them. and wrong about the credit rating. Complain to the SRA ? Threthowans 'Parking Dept' not run by a solicitor, its just a cash raking side business but they will use company headed stationary so have at them.

Hi,

I'm new here, and would appreciate any help/advice.

I was given a penalty charge notice of £35 (to increase to £70 if unpaid within 7 days), by UKPC for parking unlawfully in a disabled bay without a badge. This was in a supermarket, and I admit I'd done it, but before anyone cries "shame", it was a genuine mistake. There was a lot of snow and slush on the ground on that day, (5th Dec), and the signage for disabled parking on the the ground was not visible.

I sent off a letter of appeal to contest the fine, as in my view, the responsibility for ensuring the signage was clearly visible to the car park users, lies with the parking contractors and not the drivers.

I got a letter from UKPC saying in effect that the appeal had been rejected, and a week later another letter saying that I now have to pay the full amount of £70 or else....

What angers me even more is that instead of repsonding specifically to my appeal with refernce to the points I had raised i.e the lack of clearly visible signs, they lecture me on the difficulties faced by disabled drivers, and how offenders like me are taking their rights away!!!

Unfortnately in my first appeal letter I implied that I did park the car there, in other words I was the driver, so cannot deny now that I was driving the car.

What other options have I got? Should I pay up/ignore/write another letter, maybe to BPA this time?

Thanks in advance !

They didn't respond to you directly because they didn't read your letter, they were sitting around a table with their feet up drinking tea when one said to the others, 'heres a good one'.

There is no appeals process, and where is the legislation to say you can't park in a disableds bay. How do they know you wern't disabled, did it say 'Blue Badge Holders Only? Even if it did, although not the done thing, it is not unlawful to use a disabled bay.

Do the signs at the entrance say you can't park in a disabled bay?

And even if you danced naked on your car roof, UKPC wouldn;t have cared either, your 'admission' has no real legal standing - but next time donlt give them their evidence on a plate.

You'll now be on the recieving end of a whole sequence of letters from UKPC, their debt collectors and their solicitors, all generated by the wonders of mail-merge. You didn;t knowingly park in the disabled space, and had you been advised, I'm sure you would have moved it if asked to do so. If you want to benefit the disableed, next time you're at the supermarket, make a charitible donation to the supermarket's nominated charity, and don't give UKPC anything.

You'll feel better, and these vultures will recieve nothing.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks