Credit Cards Through The Post

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife recently received a credit card through the post. She had not applied for it either by phone or filling in a form.

On contacting MBNA they confirmed my wife had not applied for it and that it was something they did all the time - don't worry they said destroy it and that will be the end of it.

My concern was how did manage to do this, send her a card with an activation number on it which may have got lost in the post and possibly cost her. Is this practice legal ? Should I complain further ?

yes you should.

i take it there is no identity theft issue here?

has she never applied for the card with MBNA?

Am not insulting you, but it wasn't one of those plastic toy ones with a number like 0000 0000 0000 0000 was it? it did have her name embossed on it etc?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

No issue of identity theft - just the worry & concern

I've had cards from MBNA in the past and perhaps they got her details from there ?

However they did it, she never applied (and yes it is a real card with her name on - we also had a PIN number)

What you need to be doing is getting her credit reports from Experian, Equifax and Call Credit to see whats going on as the application should show on her file. Not sure what to do after that but the Credit Agencies usually have some info on their sites about identity theft etc.. maybe have a chat with your local community police officer as well.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Thanks for the info

Is it easy to check your details with these agencies ? I didn't know it lists applications too. What about emails on the internet that you might have responded to ?

I'm sure I completed an online form which did not ask any real questions about bank details, salary, etc that sort of thing and they wrote and offered me a loan with a form ... Ocean Finance they were called and all I was trying to do was get some comparable rates before a meeting with the "facist bully boy" (bank) to sort out some borrowing ....

Hmm not sure about that a lot of lenders now won't give you a rate until they get some info including your number so they can pester you.

Heres how to get you/your wifes details:

Experian: Your Credit Report Help Centre: Order Your Paper Report

Equifax: https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/sitepage.ehtml?forward=gb_elearning_credit14 (scroll down the page)

Call Credit: Order your Callcredit credit report

Ex CAG helper ^_^

if you go to experians website, you can sign up for a 30 day free trial and get your credit report. make sure you ring up and cancel it within the 30 days though, otherwise they will continue taking payments for the membership.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here