trapdoorsally vs (HSBC) Highly Scandalous Banking Charges

trapdoorsally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I thought that I should start my thread up, I've been reading as much as I can on this site and although I'm not 100% sure of everything I'm sure I'll get there ingood time. It's actually amazingly satisfying to be claiming my money back from the bank and I would like to thank all of you for providing me with the ammo (including confidence) to take them on - it's always annoyed me how much power they seem to have had over me as a customer in the past - this may just be the tonic to regain the upperhand!

I posted my SAR yesterday (25/01/07).............here we go!

Go for it girl. I started off by reading again and again the FAQ's and other threads and used this forum as a diary so that I could keep an eye on the timetable. Follow the information on this site and do as it suggests and you wont go wrong. Imagine this; by Easter going on the dragging out they are doing and you WILL have your money. If in doubt, just ask.

Thanks pieman. However having laughing my rs off at your reply of 'go for it girl' I thought I should point out that I am actually a bloke, my username though misleading comes from a nickname given to me by one of my mates when we were travelling a few years ago - I can't remember why, I think it's just that he's a little on the odd side.

Anyhow thanks for the advise, please keep looking back for my updates and try to answer any of my questions.

Laters :cool:

dear sally (just perpetuating the myth).....

best advice here is.. while you are waiting for your statements - keep reading. as for the step by steps, keep one step ahead - so when you've sent your prelim - start working on the lba, etc. were you aware you can possibly get your statements on line? also, some have actually walked into their branch and the good people at hsbc have actually printed them off for them - free of charge, then and there. just a couple of ideas. glad to have you on board. i love the way people get an image and it's wrong - i'm a nearly oap mam of 2 hulking great lads - one who likes tool music - so i pinched his username and it gives me lots of street cred. keep posting...

Whoops and there is me thinking you were a girl. Oh well; but as Lateralus says, just keep reading a checking and rechecking and it will all come good. And stick to your timetable not theres. Best of luck.

probably, TOOL is a group (he saw them in nottingham recently and loved it) - has been his fav. group for about 4 years (he's only 20), not the kind of stuff you'd hear on radio one. and lateralus is a well known (in that circle) track of theirs. as computer is in the kitchen - i get to hear lots of his kind of music: porcupine tree, rammstein, radiohead, millencolin, and pink floyd (finally - one i already knew!) and get this - he likes slade! i really missed the boat on the username, i should have picked californiagirl!

lol... i was a slade-ette

sorry for hijacking your thread to talk music tds!!

No worries about highjacking the thread, a few friendly bumps for me!

It's nice to hear peoples musical preferences, however I cannot claim to be a Slade-ette!!

Thanks to you both for for the advise, I did start looking online at my statements but it's a pretty long-winded process and non userfriendly............although I should probably persevere.

it can be a lot less stressful than waiting for the postman.

just take it a year (month, whatever) at a time and see how you go.

actually, mine only took about 3 weeks - some odd envelopes to start with, then big bunches all together about 3 huge bunches. that was back in june.

• 3 weeks later...

Hows it going trapdoorsally? Arm yourself with a highlighter for marking out the charges if you havent already done so and check again your totals and then use the template letters in the forums to then start the ball rolling.Stick to the timetable and you wont go wrong.

Hey Pieman, thanks for remembering me, I have started to receive my statements through the post having intially received a nice letter from HSBC stating that they weren't going to take payment for the copy statements.

I did tot up the charges from my online account which totalled around £750, I must admit I was a little dissapointed at first as I thought it would be £1000 at least - nevermind.

I'll arm myself with the highlighter once all of the statement arrive and in the mean time read through the next stage.

I must admit I'm a little confused by the interest that I can charge but this will hopefully become clearer once I do some more reading.

Thanks once again and I'll keep you posted.

When I got all my statements I sorted them into the different years, then highlighted each charge and noted the balance at the time as you will see wheen it comes to put the info onto the spreadsheets that this is needed. Seems a bit long winded but it works. All the help you need for that is in the FAQs and by reading the forums. I was a bit disappointed with my initial total but checked again and found some I had missed. Spend some time doing this and you will see it all adds up. Best of luck to you

everything with a DR next to it - then cross reference with the link:Charges description on statements - Please Read

start with the oldest and work your way forward - figure your claim will be going in in about 30 days from now - so 6 years back from that date (suppose: 20 March 07 - so six years back is 20 march 01).

they are all going to go on a spreadsheet - you don't actually send the statements - you send a list of charges (or the spreadsheet).

good luck - looks daunting but once you get going - it doesn't take all that long.

Cheers Lat

All done, worked out the total claim of £728 + £130.54 interest, totalling £858.54! Closer to the grand mark than i thought.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I now send my prelim letter allowing them 14 days in which to reply before I send the letter before action (assuming that they do not respond positively to the initial letter)?

From when do you start the 14 days, from the date you write/post the letter or do you give them a couple of days from then?

Sorry for being dumb!

Thanks once again for your help in the past Lat....and Pieman.

Yes the interest that I wont be adding at this stage (you just answered what appears to be a confusing question) until the claim is filed (then added by the court).

I'll send the letter tomorrow and start the ball rolling.

Cheers Lat

just want to make sure as a lot of people are confused by the overdraft interest and we need to make sure they know what they are doing - you appear to - so roll on............

you will add it in the particulars of your claim on the claim form - that's for a little further down the line.

good luck!

Yes thanks pieman, the preliminary letter was sent on 20th, I've already written my lba ready to send on the 6th of February.

It's quite exciting..........................

Please do keep calling back, I'll keep you informed as I go and you can continue to feild any questions and calm any anxiety I'm feeling.

Cheers again guys