MR2Phil vs Halifax (2007)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks birchave and pompeydaz!

I would DEFINITELY recommend a phone call. I phoned just before my Prelim(!) was about to expire and I got an offer letter the day after it expired. I phoned the very next day and hey presto, all sorted!

Good luck to everyone on here, not that you need it! Just remember that you WILL win, so if they're offering crap, just reject it and tell them you'll see them in court. I was polite at all times as well, don't know if that helped at all!

Right, onto the credit cards! Tee hee!

Hey, tell you what, its nice being here and being congratulated! I'm a member of a car forum and there's a massive debate going on there about how we're all scroungers who complain all the time and are rubbish at managing money! Its about 50/50, but the way some people talk down to you about being in debt is awful.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!

HEY Mr Teacher, top marks for you, really pleased for you, good to hear you being sensible with money, I did the same - paid off credit card and a loan, well worth it at the end of the month when the money is your own. Congratulations.

Cheers guys!!

Hidden, the number was 0121 234 1068 (that number is etched on my brain now!!). Name was Kim Hollyoak (always loved Hollyoaks!! Ha ha!). I'll tell you what as well...I only got as far as Prelim! I was impatient so phoned up, got an offer two days later, settled day after that!

Magic!!! Give her a bell. All you have to do is say that you know you will get it back tell her you're about to go to court, remind her that you'll stand to get another 8% PLUS costs. I'm sure she'll sort you! Say Mr Hart sent you! :D :D :D

WELL DONE Mr Hart-Gold Star for you

Enjoy:D

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Any joy yet, Hidden?

I've got a question to put out to everyone...the lady I spoke to (Kim Hollyoak) said that I'd receive the offer amount (£1300) and then a subsequent payment for the remainder after. I've received the £1300 already and the rest is expected in by 22nd March.

Does anyone else think I shouldn't just be waiting on her word? I mean, the letter said to do nothing if I was happy with that amount. What if they say that I never called them and I never receive the balance?

I'm a little concerned now...

Did you receive offer they made (think you struck a deal at 2,500) in writing, this is what usually happens and with letter they enclose an acceptance form which you sign and send back, they do not pay out money until they receive this form back. Am a little unsure as to why they have split this amount - have you more information on this?

well she just settled to pay me minus £30 of what i was asking for , i am happy with that cause saves me more hastle of claiming to court , she said that i have nothing to sign ? which i have read in certain threads that they have had to sign an acceptance form , she just said that the money would be in my account in the next 14 days if not before because they are pretty quick at the moment , we will see , am not to worried over what you said above cause nowadays most phone calls like this are recorded

It was split because the original offer was £1350 which I refused. She said that the first amount had already been ok'd and was on its way into my account. It actually went in Friday. She said I would receive a second deposit for the balance, which they have until 22nd March to pay.

Hidden, I reckon you're right, but imagine if they did turn round and said "in the letter it clearly states that if the customer agrees he should do nothing and we assume the £1350 has been accepted as full and final settlement. We never heard from MR2Phil so consider this matter closed" etc...

Eek!

You could always give her a ring and just mention you wondered why you had not received an acceptance form. When you made the agreement with her did she give the 22 March as date for second deposit.

Bloody hell, that was quick! I have never had any such letter...hmmmm...still checking the bank account twice a day but nothing as yet. What day did she agree your amount? Mine was Thursday. Half of it was in the next day.

i rang her yesterday afternoon , i have 2 accounts , she agreed to £420 on 1 and £230 on the other , and the letters i got today 2of for each account just acknowledged what we agreed yesterday on the phone and stated the same that it will be in my accounts in 14 days , you got 1 of your payments quick then , she did say it were certainly not taking 14 days for them to put it in , there doing it pretty quickly , we will see , as you i keep checking my accounts .