Sainsbury's Pet Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a claim on 16th November for vet treatment - was assured it would be paid within a fortnight and could I "pay the vet and claim it back - you will have the money before Christmas".

Needless to say, I am still waiting on the money coming, despite several phone calls and letters, and my being reassured that this was being dealt with.

My question is - since I paid for the vet treatment on my credit card, can I claim the interest I am paying back from the insurance company? It is a piece of nonsense that I have been waiting for so long and been fobbed off like this. Especially since I am now several hundred pounds out of pocket, and paying interest on it.

Also - just a warning to others - get the insurance co to pay the vet!!!

I agree with getting them to Pay Vet.. Had this with Tescos, One of our dogs needed emergency Op, bill came to a good few Hundred.. We paid the vet the ecess and they filled in the claim forms and everything for us.. Tescos paid no problem too.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

most vets won't deal with insurers because of the problem here with the time involved in paying out - not surprising really and you can't blame them. All I can suggest is you keep on at the insurer, be as difficult as possible with complaining and even threaten to complain to the Ombudsman. I had a claim recently for my Dog - insured with Directline. It turned out that they had a backlog of claims going back up to 12 weeks. As my claim exceeded £2750, I gave them a week after sending them the claims form and supporting documentation before ringing them up and demanding they process my claim immediately - never mind it being held up in a backlog for 12 weeks which as a customer is not my problem. Although at first they refused, I kicked up such a fuss with demanding to speak to manager after manager, they paid up (and also cocked up overpaying me which I won't complain about)...

My dog is insured with Sainsburys and is on a continous claim for cardiac failure and each month I have to chase them for my settlement cheque. In Nov and December last year I didn't bother handing in my claim form at the vets until Christmas, but then my dog had to have a blood test as he had a cough and crackly chest that antibiotics didn't clear so when the claim form was sent to Sainsburys, it amounted to £241.00 altogther. My vets sent the form off on the 3rd January, I rang Sainsburys last Wednesday (10th) and was told that they had received the form and it was being processed. Rang again this Wednesday to be told that they had only received it last Friday, 13th, and that they had a backlog of 14 days but that it wouldn't take 14 days to process. I asked if this meant that the advisor I spoke to on the 10th was lying about receiving the form and the advisor didn't know what to say. They have until next Wednesday to process my claim and then I will be writing a letter of complaint to their Customer Services department. I've done this in the past and low and behold, receive a phone call a few days later to say my cheque is in the post.

Another point that annoys me about Sainsburys is that I've repeatedly asked for the direct debit date to be changed to when my monthly salary goes in the bank and each time been told they can't change the date. I asked again when I called this week, and at first got told the same thing, but when I ask if that was the case, then why could they change the date to suit them - it is supposed to be taken out on the 2nd of each month but in January it was the 8th, and back in October they took it on the 9th but as my account was a pound short, the Halifax refused it and charged me £39. When I asked why they can vary the date to suit them, the advisor backtracked and said that he would forward on my request to have the date changed to suit me. The charges didn't really bother me as I wrote a stinging letter to Sainsburys, who sent me a cheque and then I also claimed all my bank charges back from the Halifax so got it twice. Incidentally the Halifax underwrite Sainsburys bank so they shot themselves in the foot twice!

If I have to write, I am going to print off the section on their website that states that as long as there is no problem with the claim form, they will settle the same day they receive the form.

You are not on your own with Sainsburys!!!

Karen

August 06- S.A.R. handed into a Halifax Branch

Sept 06 statements received and first letter sent requesting repayment of charges totalling £3,90

beginning Oct 06 received phone call offering £1,397, said would accept as interim payment andLBA letter sent same day

mid Oct 06 MCOL submitted online

end Oct 06 paid in full including interest and court fee - £4,980!