mkernohan vs HSBC bank

mkernohan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Starting my attack today. Got the charges worked out (didn't need the 40 days letter, as mine are all online). Did the interest calculator (as seen on moneysavingexpert.com). Found the address to send it to (which has varied, but a few accounts suggest:

Colin Langdale

HSBC Bank plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw park Lane

Leeds LS11 0PP

Although I have another letter ready if anyone has any further suggestions, however I'm guessing that sending more than one letter might complicate things?)

Well, am about to post it (recorded, of course), so wish me luck!

M

hi m

i did my original spreadsheet from the same site but had to re-do the one they reccomend on this site as it gives more detail. i tend to stick to the guidelines set out here.

as to where you send your letters, most people i think use the canada square address, but if you send them anywhere else they end up in the right place anyway.

hope this helps a little

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

i'm thinking you mean you are about the send the first letter - the prelim?

and i'm assuing you mean you have figured out what they owe you in charges plus the 8% interest and that's what you are asking for? if all this assuming is correct - than i have some advice - you need to look carefully at the step by step instructions -

Newcomer? Here's A User Guide

one of the points is - you do not ask for the 8% in your first letter or they will know you don't know what you are doing as that is only applicable when you file your claim.

the colin langdale is a fine address as any offers before you file (usually just fob off or sod off letters - but an occasional offer) will come from him.

always send recorded delivery. keep a file of everything you have done.

but first and foremost - follow the plan - it is oh so much easier to fix a mistake before you make it than it is to fix it after you've sent it.

the template letter in the library has worked hundreds of times now - i'd stick with a winning formula. best of luck, ask if you need help, but follow the plan and stick with the schedule once you start.

I'm now a little confused. It seems it was a good thing that I had to work through my lunch and therefore could not send the letter yesterday.

Firstly, which one is the best address to use? Canada Square or Colin's? And if Canada Square, then to whom do I address it?

Secondly, I added the interest to the letter, because that is what the letter says (unless it has been updated since I downloaded it, just before christmas). Also on Martin Lewis' site it says the following:

Charge interest on top

If you won via the courts, you would be entitled to add 8% interest (not compounded) on top from the date you were ‘first deprived’ of the money (i.e. the date of each charge). Therefore you may want to ask for the interest as part of the initial claim. It's important to understand that you are not legally entitled to interest unless you win in court, yet all prior letters are a tool of negotiation; think of it a bit like haggling.

I'm assuming the initial claim is what I'm about to send???

Thirdly, is Martin's spreadsheet not good enough? And I hope I don't need to do it all again? Cos it took me ages to go through that one!

I'd appreciate any response asap, as I've spent too long checking everything and am worried that any day now there'll be a thing in the news saying "if you haven't claimed by now, then don't bother!". :-|

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mate

I sent my prelim off yesterday and the address i used was:

HSBC BANK PLC

8 CANADA SQUARE

LONDON

E14 5HQ

To be honest i dont thnk it realy matters where you send it as it will end up at Canada square eventually.

The only interest you charge at the prelim and LBA stage is overdraft interest. The 8% interest is added at the MCOL stage. As for the spreadsheets if i where you i would recalculate your charges on one of the spreadsheets provided in the library and also follow the step by step guide then that way you realy cant go wrong:grin:

step-step-instructions

is there any way of getting the right spreadsheet without having to register with google? Sorry to be a pain, but I'm already registered with more websites than I can remember! :p

Ps. which one IS the right spreadsheet?

Cheers Iggy,

It seems I'll have to postpone this attack until I've re-done my spreadsheet.

Dunno if anyone can help in another matter of mine.. I've got my statements via the online way. I've then compiled them into an excel spreadsheet (one for each year to make things easier) and to find the charges I'm doing a "find" for the word "charge". Knowing it might be called something else I've searched for other words (such as "card" "misuse" "interest" "return" etc, including misspellings and shortening), but, other than "interest" none of the others have found anything. I've also had a scan by eye through each of the spreadsheets.

My worry is that I vividly remember having a statement (or checking my current online one) which shows a "card mis-use", however this doesn't show on the online statements in the archive. Now would it be that they have been re-named as just "charge" as there are quite a few of these?

I don't want to miss anything out.

i think possibly if you follow that step by step i did for honey - it may answer all your questions. just try it!

better to get it all sorted now - than to try to rectify things further down the line -

you won't see that headline until the banks admit their wrongdoings and that won't be anytime soon.