• Tweets

• Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject.   My original  CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  So at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them.   Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.  
    • whats the court claimform for? return of goods order? please complete this:  
    • std DWF letter. typically £157 something. lots of them here already doesn't say WILL anything. read it properly dx  
    • Have you read our upload guide [click on the word] for advice on how to post up documents? Pdf files are best, jpegs won't be accepted. HB
    • Sunak's already had enough of travelling like the little people. Rishi Sunak flies back from Devon by helicopter after gushing about 'great' train travel - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Rishi Sunak told broadcasters: 'The train was great, I've been taking lots of pictures and videos' - but he skipped the 3-hour, £55 train home in favour of...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Moorcroft - Are They Right??

dizzydeedee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a CCA request to Moorcroft with regards to a PROVIDENT account. They still sent the collections agent to my home so I have spoken to them today to ask them not to do it again. I was told:-

I still have to make the payments to the collections agent regardless

They will NOT provide me with a CCA as requested because I know that the debt is mine as I have made payments already

I would have been provided with a CCA myself at the time of getting a loan with Provident and therefore they dont know what I am wanting from them because its basically tough

To resolve it now without any further action I could make arrangements to pay them directly

IS THIS RIGHT??? DO I NOT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON NOW??

I told them to comply with my request or the debt will be unenforceable and they laughed.

Hi,

I take it you sent the statutory £1 with your CCA request. Was it by cheque or postal order, if they have been cashed then they have accepted as far as I know they have to comply with your request, even if they havent cashed it they still should have to comply. I may be wrong and I'm sure others with more knowledge in this field will be along shortly.

I take it you also sent it recorded and kept a copy for your records?

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

I have also sent a CCA request off to Moorcroft and have been paying them for 4 years. It makes no difference whatsoever ! They have to comply with your request by law in the time frame allowed.

Sounds like they have had quite a few in lately.... Please, please tell us that you sent it by Recorded Delivery because this is your proof of when it was received by them.

Do not communicate with them unless it is in writing... they will just feed you with a load of cr*p. :)

I have also sent cca to moorcroft who sent a debt collecter round afterwards, I phoned and threatend them with legal action if they did it again.

still havent received the info I requested and havent heard anything from them since.

I sent the £1-00 postal order with my letter. I photocopied the letter which I have kept along with the receipt of the postal order, and I sent it recorded so I also have the receipt of that. They are not claiming they haven't received it, they have received it and it is on their system, but what they are saying is they DO NOT need to comply with the request as i HAVE admitted it is my debt by paying them. I was bullied into this by the coleection agent who I told to take me to court who then informed me that they didn't need to take me to court or get a court order to get the bailifs in now, so naturally I was panicked and came to an agreement reluctantly. If the CCA 1974 states that they must provide me with the information or if they dont they commit a criminal offence, then surely it would be illegal for them not to do and still try to recover the costs?

Hi Dizzy,

deep breath, calm down, what they have done is inexcusable, they DO have to have a court order for Bailiffs to attend and they DO have to comply with your CCA request. They are using Bully boy tactics. Do not be forced into anyithng your unsure of, there are approximately 100,000 members on this site and are on your side so please dont think you are on your own.

The next thing I would do would be to send them a letter informing them that any further contact from them must be in writing. Then you will have a paper trail of what they have said to you. ALso advise them that any further phone calls WILL be recorded ( even if you dont have the facility to ) play them at their own game. If you feel worked up or at breaking point just visit this site, add a post and I'm sure someone will be along to help calm you down pretty quickly :-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

I sent the £1-00 postal order with my letter. I photocopied the letter which I have kept along with the receipt of the postal order, and I sent it recorded so I also have the receipt of that. They are not claiming they haven't received it, they have received it and it is on their system, but what they are saying is they DO NOT need to comply with the request as i HAVE admitted it is my debt by paying them. I was bullied into this by the coleection agent who I told to take me to court who then informed me that they didn't need to take me to court or get a court order to get the bailifs in now, so naturally I was panicked and came to an agreement reluctantly. If the CCA 1974 states that they must provide me with the information or if they dont they commit a criminal offence, then surely it would be illegal for them not to do and still try to recover the costs?

Please, please, please, please take a very deep breath :)

Firstly, they are talking from their rear ends. They do have to comply with your request. It is the law. Their business thrives on people like you and I and everyone else not being aware of their rights.

Secondly, they would have to go to court to get the bailiffs in. They cannot just ring up a bailiff company and pay them to harrass you for money/goods. However, unless they have a CCA, they cannot go to court because they won't have the paperwork. This is probably why they are being so shi**y with you.

Thirdly, if they do not produce the CCA in the 12 days after signature, they are in default. This means that the debt is unenforceable without going to court, but once again, they cannot go to court to enforce it without producing the CCA, so they are stuffed ! If nothing has been received one calendar month after the 12 day default, they will have committed a criminal offence as well and you can report them for it.

Fourthly, if they do not produce a CCA, it means that they never owned the debt in the first place. That means that you can claim back every single penny that you have paid to them since they first began collecting on your account because it was unlawful.

I hope you are smiling just a bit little now... :)

See Dizzy???

I told you everything will be ok ;-) Now play hardball with these pussies :-D

LATEST RE MOORCROFT

Moorcroft collection agent has just called at my home AGAIN! Me and my partner have had a heated discussion with him. First he says they DONT have 12 days to reply because THEY have to get the information from Provident which could take some time. He laughed in my face saying that 'he's heard it all before'. He said they dont have to provide it and if they dont provide it in the time frame I told him, it WAS still enforceable because MR MOORCROFT wa one of the richest men in the world (wonder why that is!!) and these companies have rights too. So again, i'm really confused. He also said that Provident would just sell the debt on to another company if I started to be non-compliant.

If Moorcroft cant provide the information requested, can PROVIDENT sell the debt on or is the debt completely unenforceable, by means that no-one can collect the debt?

I AM FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest The Terminator
LATEST RE MOORCROFT

Moorcroft collection agent has just called at my home AGAIN! Me and my partner have had a heated discussion with him. First he says they DONT have 12 days to reply because THEY have to get the information from Provident which could take some time. He laughed in my face saying that 'he's heard it all before'. He said they dont have to provide it and if they dont provide it in the time frame I told him, it WAS still enforceable because MR MOORCROFT wa one of the richest men in the world (wonder why that is!!) and these companies have rights too. So again, i'm really confused. He also said that Provident would just sell the debt on to another company if I started to be non-compliant.

If Moorcroft cant provide the information requested, can PROVIDENT sell the debt on or is the debt completely unenforceable, by means that no-one can collect the debt?

I AM FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly do not let this bully into your property again he is talking out of his rear end side ways.If he turns up again call the police.If he continuly harrasses you he is committing a criminal offence under S1 of the Protection from Harrassment Act(1997) which can also be construed as "stalking". And in a court of law "no agreement" = no enforcement.

There is no way a baliff can gain entry to your property without a valid court order and that is only for criminal offences.Even if it was a private one they do not have the same rights as a court baliff.

Do not speak to Moorcroft on the phone tell them that you will only entertain them in writing and if necessary you will take injunctive action to put a stop to their tatics

You have over 100,000 people supporting you on this so if you get any problems just post and hang on in there.

The Terminator

dizzydeedee, please do not listen to any Moorcroft cr*p... because it is just that... cr*p. You do not have to speak to them on your doorstep and you do not have to answer your door if you do not choose to do so. These people prey on the vulnerabilities of people who owe money as if it is a criminal offence !

I would write to Moorcroft (Rec. Delivery) quoting the Protection from Harrassment Act, as Terminator says and any further harrassment from their company will result in you taking out an injunction against them (whether you mean it or not !). They are trying to pressurise you into paying. Hold your ground. Don't !!

If Moorcroft default on my CCA request this Wed., I shall be cancelling my Standing Order. Take back the control dizzydeedee, don't be bullied any longer.

Dizzydeedee,

PriorityOne is right, they are just trying to intimidate you into paying as they know you now have the law on your side and there isnt a thing they can do about it.

I would send a letter to them stating that you require them to "cease and desist" from contacting you by phone or calling at your home without prior consent from you! ( Consent that you will never give) ;-)

Any breach of this request will result in court action being taken against them and compensation/court costs will be applied for. ;-)

The term "cease and Desist" is a lawful term and if produced in documentation any court would deem this a serious matter for those failing to adhere to it.

Also, refuse to pay them another penny until they comply with your request.

IT'S YOUR RIGHT

As far as the doorstep Chimpanzee is concerned.......

Here's a few ideas for you, can you get hold of a microphone or some sort of recording device ? it doesn't matter if it works or not, it's just for visual effect. Answer the door with it in your hands and ask him to speak loudly and clearly for the recording.

Have you got a camera ? take a photo of him !

I'd put money on him backing off rather rapidly after that :D

Failing the above, just don't say a word to him, stand at the door laughing, then close it in his face, then, If he knocks at the door again, pour a bucket of water over him from an upstairs window, he won't make a complaint because he knows you can counter complain about his threatening behaviour and attempting to extort money with menaces :grin:

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

• 2 months later...

For doorstepping chancers:

(1) Immediately note down his car licence number.

(2) Demand to see his ID, and Moorcroft staff number. Make it clear you will send a report to his licensor the OFT.

(3) Advise him you will be writing to Moorcroft Company Secretary (the one Moorcroft person answerable to the OFT and to the court). Moorcroft wants to upset and intimidate you. But you know who he is, you know where he lives.

(4) Obtain CS name and private address for £5 online from Companieshouse.gov.uk, and write to him ensuring he knows he is responsible for the conduct of all his improvising chimpanzees. The Doorsetepper is probably on £5 an hour plus a percentage of what blood he can squeeze from the stone. But the CS knows he has to defend Moorcroft licence, or else end of his company. The boss man will tell the chimpanzee to cool it.

dizzydeedee

i am pretty disgusted at the way you have been lied to, but i am not surprised. it must be intimidating but you seem to have all the relevant knowledge.

re post 16, thats good advice

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

My eyes must deceive me. Here is the exact working from the Consumer Credit Act 1974: -

(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

If this was me I would be contacting my Local Trading Standards, Writing a Letter to the Office of Fair Trading and generally kicking up a stink.

Please don't let these people bully, initimidate or upset you. At the end of the day you have made a perfectly legal request and a request which they must comply with.

Sit tight and good luck :-)

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

One other thing you could do is print off the relevent sections of the act and when the Chimp returns give him a copy telling him you know your rights, he apparently doesnt, then say to him "take it back to the office where someone can read it to you" Then slam the door shut in his face.;-)