we'dlikethebanktosayyes v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recieved 106 pages of bank statements just after a letter from HBOS, the letter was among the nicest I've recieved apparently they "really want to help us" :rolleyes: aaah is'nt that nice!.

Just added up the charges between Jan 02 and Mar 06 and they came to £4638 (No wonder were skint!). In one particular 3 week period we were charged £316. How can a bank justify this?.

We will now send of letter 2 today will keep you posted, lets see if they really want to help.

Just popped into Halifax Bank to deliver the 2nd letter requesting repayment of their illegal charges. Met a very nice man who smiled :D and asked how he could help me, I explained that I had brought a letter and would like a receipt for it, he opened the letter, his smile vanished:-x , he stomped off and returned with a scribbled receipt which was thrust into my hand:((Ithink he was a little bit upset:rolleyes: ). I beamed a big thank you smile :D and said "its a pleasure doing business with you" and flounced out. I'm really beginning to enjoy this, even if we don't get anything back it's nice to watch them squirm.:D

Guest willowb

And just work out how much it might be with interest if you have to file a claim!!!!! :D :D :D

Good luck hun

Wxxxx

P.s Kate...love the new avatar....simply stunning!:)

Hi -- just follow the advice and timescales on this site and you'll soon have it all back!!! Have a look at my thread for details of my experience of the Halifax --- enjoy --- jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

I was charged very heavily by Lloyds Bank but it was over 6 years ago, I read somewhere that this is too long to claim the charges back , is this true?.

Also I have an ongoing claim with Halifax and it is for £4638 before any intrest is added. Am I correct that a claim must be under £5000 or it can't be dealt with by the small claims court because if this is the case I will have to disregard the intrest.

I would appreciate any info on these subjects.

I will suggest that you request for charges in the past 6 years because the banks are using Limitation Act 1980 to try to argue to have cases thrown out.

Your claim with the Halifax for £4638 can progress now because claims below £5000 are allocated to small claims track. You should add interest to your claims. Do not be scared of exceeding the £5000 mark because you can still file it through MCOL and claim your money back with full interest. Many others in this site have done it successfully. Why not you? When the court allocate the case to fast track or multi track, the procedure may change but the process remain the same. Do not disregard the interest.

Good Luck

And just to be picky - not illegal charges - unlawful charges:rolleyes: :D

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

We have sent the letter requesting a refund of bank charges on 10/01/07 and are awaiting a reply but have not included any interest what I am concerned about is the amount we are claiming is £4638, should we need to go to court we can add on 8% interest of £371 and £120 court costs which would then make the amount we are claiming £5129. I was advised that the most you can take to a small claims court is £5000 so if we need to go to court is it advisable not to add on the interest or the court costs to keep it under £5000, are we allowed to round it off to £5000. I hate to let the banks walk away with any money that they owe us as when they took the charges they left us in severe financial difficulties which we are only now getting out of.:confused:

Hiya

If you go to the search bar at the top of the page and enter over £5000, plenty of threads will come up. And the more you read the better

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I think you should be ok as I'm pretty sure the interest and court costs do not count in taking you over.

You are quite correct. The ceiling of £5,000 is the value of the claim only and doesn't include interest or costs.

They will take it that far so read the faq and prepare yourself to take them to court also you only add the interest at court stage. but make sure you do add it then. if you dont they will think that you dont know what you are doing. and you might not win your case.

• 2 weeks later...

Went into Halifax to withdraw some money yesturday and was told that they had frozen my account because my credit card was in arrears, finally after 8 calls to different departments and 3 trips to the bank they decided that I could have the money if I opened a saver account and transferred the money into that account. Isn't it strange that this has happened the week after they received my letter before action, claiming back the £4638 that they took from us, so just rang their complaints line and was told not to belive what is written in the press,that the bank charges were lawful and that if it goes to court they would probably win. He also said they don't have to follow my timescale they have their own, I agreed they don't but I'm still going to follow my timescale and am going to court to fill in the paperwork this Friday, part of me is almost glad that they want to take it this far.:p

Can anyone answer a fairly simple question , how much time do you allow between sending the LBA and filing the N1?. They recieved the LBA on 25/01/07 and I was hoping to file the N1 on Friday 02/02/07 is this allowed or if not how long should I leave before I do it?.:confused:

write to them and TELL them to leave all your accounts alone as they are in dispute, and they DO have to follow YOUR timescales if they want a chance to defend their VERY unlawful penalties once YOU'VE started proceedings. their complaints line are full of poo

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Just received an offer of £3592.00 on a claim of £4638.00. Obviously we don't want to accept this, they want us to sign a form to say that we accept it in full and final settlement so we would rather just refuse the offer(instead of accepting in part payment), don't want any confusion. So I am going to write to them telling them this, do I have to wait for their reply before I go to the courts to start proceedings or can I go asap.?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .