PCN in Rochdale on a road. Wrong location and offence on PCN

Hi All.

I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses.

The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE.

I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house. 

In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN. 

The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left.

PCN Number:         RE########
Date:             04/05/2024
Time:             20:36
Observation:         20:34 to 20:36
Reported location:     Royle Park Road
Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01)

I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal:

1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.  

He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development.

2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road.

3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road).

I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot.

I have 2 questions:

a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current?

b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence?

Thanks in advance.

Map_20240505.pdf

all DYL's are subject to a TRO.

looking at this newish, ever increasing as old ind units have gotten removed, estate, there are only lines on one side, on the other there is a parking lane with traffic calming through which you mention.

i seriously doubt your mate has any clue what he is talking about.!!

its not a private housing assoc estate.

so its a public council owned road. no construction co can just decide to draw their graffiti on a road.

the DYLs are certainly there pre 2016 even before his home was built.

now ive had a quick look to see if the main access to royal park road has signs.

there is no royle park road even on your map

but there is a royal barn road which leads to where you are parked

royal road has a restriction sign on the pole by the fence of the electric substation jnc with gipsy lane

there does not appear to be one leading in from the other end - tesco petrol station

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi.
Many thanks for your response.

You are correct it is Royal Barn Road that is stated on the PCN.  Where i was was Royle Road.
I originally came from the Tesco side, was initially parked across the road where there are parking bays, then moved over to side where the double yellows are.  I did check the entire street from Tescos on, and there are no signs for restrictions at all.

Also, the friend who owns the house asked the building company sales office today, who also believe the double yellows are old (some of them turn into peoples drives), and said there should be none.  - Obviously if the council have them as current thats besides the point.

SO the big question is, given the PCN states very incorrect information, Location, and type of contravention, can it be challenged?

Thanks

check if the TRO is still in force.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again.

I did earlier today. 

She said it is unfortunately. 

Although they need to update it as the road layout has technically changed from previous.

So my only defence maybe The wrong road and wrong contravention.

Out of curiosity, is there a requirement for there to be signs stating no parking with double yellows? Or are the markings enough?

Thanks again

ultimately DVL's are enough.

both of your issues could be explained away as simply ones of an admin nature in not updating , but as lots of repurposing is obviously going on over many many years....

if the whole traffic calming scheme throughout the area was new then maybe, but it's been in existence almost 10yrs now, 

if you are outside of the discount period now, you've nothing to lose by:

• Like 1

and they