Backdoor Link CCJ - old Barclaycard debt - Default Judgment set a side - hearing in 2 days - Witness Statement help urgent!

4.  Under The Pre-Action Protocol 201?, a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior too and including ,The Pre action Protocol Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claimform dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018.

9.   The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2nd February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None were received by the court nor the defendant by that date.

re: 13 & 15...they dont need to produce the deed, thats a private b2b document only the judge can demand sight of.

i would remove 13 totally as within their WS they have produced the Notice Of Assignment. and delete it from 15

a few ideas.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?

Here is a draft which I have adapted you will have to incorporate some of your points and add exhibits if required. This deals with the main thrust of your argument. They have proof of payments up until 2015 so its best to be upfront that there was a debt be it assigned to BC but let them them find out which brand it was and if they can produce the necessary true documents to evidence their claim

Witness statement draft.pdf

Andy.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The relevant notes with regards to Reconstituted versions of an agreement if you wish to rely on an exhibit.

Waksman Reconstituted Agreements.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you so much Andy, I am making the amendments to my witness statement now.   

Would you be happy to take a final look over the document when I have finished? 

In terms of the bundle I need to send, the claimants sent the following documents

- should I include the same documents with my bundle or is there no need to? 

Description

Claim form

Order of the Court dated 15/06/2023

Note of Hearing dated 12/07/2023

Order setting aside Judgement dated 21/07/2023

Order of the Court date 01/09/2023

Draft Defence resubmitted on 11/09/2023

Notice of Change dated 22/09/2023

Directions Order dated 13/02/2024

Witness Statement

Appendices

no need to duplicate their exhibits, simply refer to their exhibit no. in your WS.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, LouLouDev79 said:

Would you be happy to take a final look over the document when I have finished?

Sure ...no problem.:yo:

20 hours ago, dx100uk said:

The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2nd February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None were received by the court nor the defendant by that date.

what about^^^???

and they

doh sorry was on phone screen.

i think thats all ok, 

let @AndyOrch confirm 1st please.

dx

and they

Thank you so much!

Can I ask why the data access request to Barclays is irrelevant?

I wanted to show I had made every effort to obtain info relating to the debt, I have pages of correspondence between myself and Barclays showing how many attempts I made.

Also, should I put point 9 at the start so it is the first thing the judge sees?

If it gets struck out on that point then the rest would be irrelevant?  

Because its not connected to this claim.....Ideally if you had received the claim you would have requested information pursuant to CPR 31.14 and a CCA request for the agreement. DSAR only reveals your personal data held which would be minimal with the this claimant.

You can leave it in if you desire but it adds no weight to your statement.

27 minutes ago, LouLouDev79 said:

Also, should I put point 9 at the start so it is the first thing the judge sees? If it gets struck out on that point then the rest would be irrelevant?  

No because telling a story in your statement chronologically it would be out of run sequence. You would have to change the run sequence starting from finding the judgment to setting a side.

They have disclosed since and leniency will be allowed (subject to how long they delayed) and the court will disregard it even though it is their order.

Thank you, that makes sense.  In terms of the additional directions, they were about 2 weeks late and only half of the things requested were included in their bundle.

Then that would be a point to verbally introduce at the start of the hearing when asked to speak...then go into your statement.

Thank you so much for all of your help, I will amend my WS as you suggested and get it sent off this afternoon.  Then I guess I just have to sit and wait until the hearing and hope I get a sympathetic judge on the day! 

Sympathy does not come into it I'm afraid...you argue your claim any judge that allows a judgment on that agreement and paperwork they have disclosed well its time to give up.

Important point to keep at the back of your mind ......you cant reconstitute (recreate) an agreement when the agreement was not the original agreement that BC transferred you to or one that you never entered into.

Modified agreements cannot be reconstituted.