misuse of partners freedom pass

no.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember a case where they didn't write, although we have someone who dx thought might not go to court. They're still waiting to hear but I suppose it's faintly possible TfL will just drop it.

The initial letter can take weeks or even months depending on how busy the investigations department is. It also takes longer if they have to go back through the history of the card to see how many fares have been evaded.

Worry will need to work out how many fares weren't paid and the value of that. If TfL do agree to an OOC settlement they will want the money to be paid in full within a week or two.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

they have 6mts from the date of the detection.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello, 

I received the standard letter. 

I don't understand No. 3:

If this is in relation to a ticket irregularity, then if you were unable to produce a pass because you did not have it with you or if your pass was withdrawn because you were unable to produce a valid photocard to accompany it, please enclose a photocopy of the pass/photocard with your reply.

Question: do i enclose my photocard? my partner's freedom pass was confiscated.

Thanks HB, I will will wait for DX to guide me.  10 days means start from the date of the letter or the day i receive the letter which is 23/4?

Do make a photocopy of the letter and fill in the details and attached to the email to be sent to [email protected]

Then in the email i answer question 1,2, 3 which basically is the draft that i did ??

You can attach your letter to theirs - I would return the original to them and keep a copy.

Print out your letter if you think it answers their questions and put your name and their reference number at the top, then attach it to their form.

HB

i am going to send the reply via email and not hardcopy?

i can just take a photo of the filled information on the second page and then send the email to them?

is that correct?

Hi HB, 

Have you come across cases where there are no mitigating reasons as to why TfL should not proceed with a prosecution? 

On 21/04/2024 at 18:32, dx100uk said:

for how many weeks/months/years have you been using it twice a week for...roughly?

you still have not answered the above.

as for their letter and your reply:

the 1st single paragraph detailing why you were reported is the only part specific to you.

the rest is the bulk std TfL template letter that everyone gets when reported.

3 does not apply to you anyway as the report is one of detected fraudulent misuse of a freedom pass not in your name, not a case of a pass you held that you could not produce at the time.

Email them your begging letter, as their letter states...but lets see it first.

and they

5 minutes ago, worry said:

Hi HB, 

Have you come across cases where there are no mitigating reasons as to why TfL should not proceed with a prosecution? 

Yes, most people here haven't had mitigating circumstances that TfL would believe.

HB

Hi Dx, 

I honestly don't know the answer, may be a year or so ? 

Can't check back the usage on Freedom Pass.

Do they give me a breakdown later??

worry

poss +1yrs use ..blimey..you are going to have a very very hard time avoiding a criminal conviction here if TfL can see a pattern in the usage data they have.

if this be the case, yes, as you'll see if you go READ OTHER THREADS, if the claim progresses to a SJPN court claim, they include a full list of journey's that they suspect you made using the card for you to individually sign off against each one that it was you.

dx

and they

do you know how far back is the journey they can produce ?

also, i will have to tick against their list. am i going to be imprisoned??

Not prison, no. That has never happened here.

I think they can look back a year on their system and you'll have something like TiredDodo did when they were summoned to court. With a year's use, I'll be amazed if you don't have a court appearance.

HB

they will look back a max of 1 year's record and ask me to tick which ones were used by me?

will they inform my employer and sack me?

4 minutes ago, worry said:

Ok, so they will look back a max of 1 year's record and ask me to tick which ones were used by me?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, worry said:

will they inform my employer and sack me?

They won't inform your employer but you may need to. You need to check what it says iin your employment contract. I don't think it usually causes huge problems for most people.

HB

As i don't have any mitigating circumstances other than trying to save pennies, will they fine me to the maximum?

What is the maximum fine they will impose?

I honestly don't know how many times i used it. 

I will get a criminal record which means i can't find another job?

Will they prosecute my partner? 

can you share the link of Tireddodo's case thread , may be i can learn something from there?

Link to TiredDodo's thread, it's the one below yours on the main page of this subforum. Once you've done your paperwork you should read other Freedom pass threads to understand what may happen next.

HB

28 minutes ago, worry said:

Ok, so they will look back a max of 1 year's record and ask me to tick which ones were used by me?

I didn't say it was a maximum of a year. You said you thought you'd used the card for about a year so I worked on that. Their records are extensive so please don't assume it will just be 12 months.

HB