PCM PCN - Royale Leisure Park - W3 (London)

Hi everyone, appreciate your help in this.

Today (18/04/2024) I received a "Parking charge - Keeper liability notice for Royale Leisure Park - W3"

stating that I "parked without clearly displaying a valid PCM UK Ltd permit.

The car was parked on the 8th of March 2024 at the car park for Park Royal Leisure Park in London. The letter stated that a notice to keep was sent 28 days ago, but I have not received any charge letter or ticket. 

I don't know what permit they are talking about.

The leisure park does not have tickets, it has free parking for 5 hours- this is clearly stated on their website.

Furthermore, I think the Parking Charge is invalid because, on March 8th, I was a customer at Royale Leisure Park, where I attended to watch a movie at the Odeon Cinema. I can prove my purchase of the ticket.

The Royal Leisure Park has free parking for 5 hours as stated on their website (see attached screenshot), so they should not have given me the charge in the first place.

Should I contact them to state that I should not have been given a charge?

I'm concerned about the charge rising if I don't contact them. 

Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

parking rules park royal.pdf

2024-04-12 PCM NTK event 2024-03-08.pdf

please complete this:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to PCM PCN - Royale Leisure Park - W3 (London)

The answers to the questions:

1 Date of the infringement: 08/03 2024

2 Date on the NTK notice to keeper. 12/04/2024

3 Date received  only received keeper liability notice. 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]  Yes 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? No but I didn't receive the initial PCN. 

6 Have you appealed? No 

7 Who is the parking company? Parking control management (UK) ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Royal leisure park, London W3. 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

their NTK is outside of 14 days for an ANPR capture unless there was a vanishing windscreen PCN.?

typical screw up that PCM always make

ignore until/unless you ever get a letter of claim.

just to make sure ......your car's V5C does state your current address? if so where's the pcn? naughty PCM

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the input.

My v5c must state my current otherwise I wouldn't have got this claim letter.

Also I have 24/4 video recording on my car when it is parked.

I can always check if a ticket was placed on my windscreen, but I doubt it. 

I'll keep an eye out for any letters. 

Best regards. 

4 minutes ago, Hamz909 said:

My v5c must state my current otherwise I wouldn't have got this claim letter.

mainly for future readers..BUT..

nope not true, ....

they could have used a trace agency to find your address, never assume a V5C is correct if you find paperwork that should have arrived at the RK's address has not always CHECK. esp if you've moved in recent times or since the date of the parking event.

dx

• Like 1

and they

As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction.

It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services.

If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.

• Like 1

Your attachment showing the cinema parking restrictions seems crystal clear.

Let's see what the photos turn up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated.

These are the photos of the signs.

At the entrance there is a 7h free sign.

On some bays there is a permit sign. 

Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free. 

I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided. 

MAP+Signs.pdf

The signs do say a 7-hour stay (presumably five free plus two paying).

But they also go on about a permit.

What the logic is of a permit when watching a film or going to flippin' Burger King is beyond me.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Posted (edited)

How does one obtain the permit?

The permit team number is only open between the hours of 9am to 3pm Mon - Fri.

It says on the website, To obtain an additional 2 hours, the driver must pay a tariff of £3.00 + booking fees in person at our Security Hut, is that how you get the permit also, from the security hut?

What a rigmaroll that would be but maybe just another step to take to try and catch people out?

3 minutes ago, anotheruser0000 said:

Edited by anotheruser0000

I think there are two types of parking spot, some with permit, others without, although the website does not state this and the map on the website gives the impression that all spaces are free. 

The question is how can they know which space I was parked in? There was no ticket on my windscreen, and I did not receive the original NTK. 

Should I contact them to ask for photographic evidence? 

I've had a look on their site to see if there is a way to download photos, but haven't found anything.

The best thing is to send them a SAR on Monday.  Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

That way they will have to produce the original invoice, a windscreen ticket if it exists, photos, etc.