ROSSENDALE MOTORS LTD faulty car within 30 days - they are repairing but dragging their heels.

i went with my sister to view a car test drove no ticking or rattle from engine and no engine light 2013 seat 1.2 

she got it from a 5 star dealer

2 days later engine light

been told cam sensor and they said chain needs replacing

dealer said they booked in at a garage for repair

been 5 days and they are saying they waiting on the tool to do the timing which i think is a joke

if this car is not ready on monday can my sister reject the car as she only had 2days before engine light

she brought car on 29th march and not really done hardly any mileage at all

she took in on 2nd april

she only had a week

they had a week still not ready

my sister losing her temper 

if they say they still waiting on monday

can she reject the car as they had

much time as i read online its 1 day work not more then 1 week

under consumer law you can reject the car totally within 30 days as 'not fit for purpose' regardless to if they offer or do a repair or not.

you can allow them to repair it if you wish, but if it fails again, you can still reject it. they only have one chance.

i would get a full independent check on the whole vehicle if you keep it.

who is the dealership?

and 

is this car on finance.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

hes a auto trader with 5 star and its bank paid not bank trans

they've had it since tue and saying they are waiting on a tool for timing since it needed timing chain which makes me think are they making lies up 

because i thought when you do a timing chain you need the tool anyway?

my sister said tomorrow if they repeat same issue she going to ask for refund 

if they try fob off can she ring bank say they have the car and still not fixed and tell them she as rejected car

told my sister if they say it still not sorted tomorrow to reject the car and ask for refund

Edited by harwoodshane2k

But you haven't told us who the dealer is. 

Also you need to give us more details about the car, age, mileage, price paid. Has it got a new mot? If so who gave it the mot? Was it the dealer or was it someone close to the dealer? 

How far away does your sister live from Liberia?

about 60k miles

seat ibiza £4,480 2013

new mot in march and

car was brought from ROSSENDALE MOTORS LTD

https://www.rossendalemotors.co.uk/

my sister lives 15mile away

they offered her a courtesy car but i told my sister to refuse incase she had a crash with it-  they might take the mick

my sister already losing the point tomorrow she will refuse the car if not fixed

they are saying they need tool to do timing check

i rang 2 garages and said they should have the tool before doing the work

Thank you. What about the mot information and distance.

Meaning who gave it the mot or was the MOT at a nearby station

Posted (edited)

she doesn't do much driving i'd say since they got the car 90 miles and the eml 30mile not sure about mot she got car in 29th march

she got all texts with dealer as he asked if error came back after deleting it

also i did about 5mile test drive

last mot was 58k i dont know new mileage as we not got the car

i just find it strange he making out he didnt know there was a fault but fault appeared 2 days later and then when returning car they cleared the code it was back day after and they took it for a repair and saying it still not fixed

are they fobbing her off to give refund and sell at a higher price after fixing it as i heard this many times

my sister said if she gets her money back she never buying another car again she now feels she going to be ripped off again and i told her never let this hold you back

Edited by harwoodshane2k

• dx100uk changed the title to ROSSENDALE MOTORS LTD faulty car within 30 days - they are repairing but dragging their heels

thread title updated.

try and go through you posts before you send them and make them a bit more understandable , ok english might not be your 1st tongue but its difficult to understand some of your story.

so in truth its been back twice to them now,

1st time they cleared the codes,

she drove it 

error cameback.

so theres even more power there under consumer law to reject it.

it failed within 30 days

they tried a repair, that too failed.

pers i'd reject it now 

you say she paid via her bank not bank transfer? 

how do you mean?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We dont close or delete topics just because they are resolved the whole point of the forum is to help others in similar positions.

But well done ...topic title updated.

Andy.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to ROSSENDALE MOTORS LTD faulty car within 30 days - they are repairing but dragging their heels ***Resolved***

my sister just got an update from trader he now been told from garage they are repeating same thing saying they cant do it as they not got the tool

he also said he starting to have doubt if they even working on the car

my sister as told him if not repaired by Wednesday she wants her money back and im hoping he won't try fob her off giving her money back with excuses otherwise im guessing next option be to contact her bank to do a chargeback 

will update Wednesday if fully resolved if she gets car or money back but i do find it strange how its been a week for a timing chain replacement and still not finished.

Turns out they must of been waiting for the special tool as they notified trader and then he contacted my sister about 30min ago and told it be ready tomorrow 

my sister happy it's been sorted 

• AndyOrch changed the title to ROSSENDALE MOTORS LTD faulty car within 30 days - they are repairing but dragging their heels.

Update us tomorrow then when the car is fixed and returned.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread