NPC/DCB(L) Vanishing Windscreen PCN Claimform - Taxi - Appealed - No Parking Or Waiting At Anytime - St Thomas Hospital, London, Se1 7eh.

I've just knocked off work and seen your posts.  Why are you faffing around with RoyalMail instead of simply using MCOL?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Back.

When you log onto MCOL please post up your case history, so we can see if you're still in time to defend.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

oh no just logged in and it says a judgment was issued literally 2 hours ago!

Claim History
Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 02/04/2024 at 10:36:44
Your acknowledgment of service was received on 02/04/2024 at 14: 05: 15
A judgment was issued against you on 29/04/2024 at 19:07:08

Which is why earlier this evening we said -

2 hours ago, FTMDave said:

Try to do it on MCOL - now.

You might be lucky.

- every minute was vital.

A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it.

Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count.

Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.

Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me 

Oh well

please stop posting up unnecessary unnamed screenshot files 

you've done it throughout your threads and we have to renamed them.

RENAME THE FILE before you upload

if its just text information like a defence or a claim history or a link to a previous post 

type it here not by an unnamed screenshot attachment  .

sorry NM but you've been here dealing with PPC claims since 2021

somehow you always manage to screw up.......or do totally the opposite of std repeated advice on 10'000 of PPC threads here

you are your own worst enemy...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok noted about the screenshot uploads.

In terms of screwing up

I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default.

This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process.

Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway

Monk - you are an experienced and respected member of this forum.

Surely you realise how vitally important it is to respect court deadlines.

There was no lack of knowledge.  You knew the deadline date.  You calculated it yourself in post 5.  It was written on the claimform.  Defence deadlines are written on probably a thousand threads on the forum.

Sorry, but if you're up for a legal fight you also have to be up for organising yourself properly.

As for now -

1.  pay it within 30 days and the CCJ disappears, or

2.  don't pay, nothing "legal" will happen, but you'll have a CCJ for six years.

This was the first time I've ever gotten a claim form,

the only previous one back in 2020 was lost in the post I simply never received it.

I should've put a reminder in my phone calendar on this one to remind me of that defence date, 19 days later or whatever, I'd completely forgotten about that date tbh.

I still have an ongoing one on here in London, E3 - let's hope I have more success with that one!

Regards