Onbuy.com - 8mts old BEKO HHeld Vacuum Cleaner failed - say warranty expired after 30 days

I recently bought a BEKO handheld vacuum cleaner cost £200 and was reasonably reviewed as being a BEST BUY. 

However, 7 months later the motor in the cleaner only rotates for 3 seconds and stops.

I wrote to the online retailer stating that I had purchased a beko vacuum cleaner from them  Onbuy.com. At the point of purchase I paid £199.99.

The Item was purchased 31/7/23 and I reported it defective 15/3/24 (228 days).

the window for returns was closed 2/9/23 saying that they only had a 30 day guarantee and exaggerated the product was one year old.

I pointed out The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Onbuy.com that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As they were in breach of contract and I've owned the product between 6 months and 6 years, I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be replaced.

They refuse to replace an item such as this vacuum cleaner that’s only lasted 8 months.

A vacuum cleaner worth £200 is expected to last longer than that surely?

I asked the retail platform to step in. 

Onbuy.com replied that as the item is over 180 days old (6 months) , it does not qualify for OnBuy protection. 

If there was a warranty included with the purchase, we may have been able to claim under that, however a warranty wasn't included, so is our only recourse  to take action directly against the seller ?

Many thanks

all warranties, guarantees, etc etc are never worth even the paper they are written on.

under CRA, as the product is now outside of 6mts physical ownership, it's down to you to get a professional report done upon how its failed. cost of which will be refunded by the retailer when you win.

as it's outside of 6mts, the retailer has under CRA the choice of repair, refund (minus consummate use) or replace.

dx 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could also try contacting Beko direct saying the seller is denying responsibility about a Beko product which should not be having such problems after just 7 months.

They may not be oblidged to help but why not give them them chance anyway.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

WWW.BEKO.CO.UK

Beko Guarantee Terms and Conditions

Small Appliances Guarantee

Your appliance has the benefit of our manufacturer’s guarantee which covers the product for 12 months from the date of original purchase.

This gives you reassurance that if within that time, your appliance is proven to be defective because of either workmanship or materials, we will at our discretion either repair or replace your appliance.

The appliance must be correctly installed, located and operated in accordance with the instructions contained in the user manual.

The guarantor disclaims any liability for accidental or consequential damage.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Onbuy.com - 8mts old BEKO HHeld Vacuum Clear failed - say warranty expired after 30 days

thread title updated

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Onbuy.com - 8mts old BEKO HHeld Vacuum Cleaner failed - say warranty expired after 30 days

Don't faff around send them a letter of claim and in 14 days issue the claim. The chances are they will eventually put their hands up – but your chances of winning in court are much better than 95%.
There might be a slight reduction for the use you had but it won't be significant and you will learn a lot by using the County Court process.

Post a draft of your letter of claim here