SWINTON referred my sister to KINDERTON (NON FAULT ACCIDENT )

A1362

HELP NEEDED please 

My sister had a car accident on early Feb and until yesterday There was no update received from her insurance plus KINDERTON provided her the courtesy car and she accepted ,her car was written off .

My sister insurance company is SWINTON and it was non fault accident ,and they straight referred her to KINDERTON .claim management .and yesterday she found INSPIRE MOTO is her insurer based on what Swinton told her after loads of call . 

she rang kinderton claim management and they said no evidence has bene received and third party did not accept liability, whereas on the incident scene the third  party admitted his fault to my sister and police and also a person with dashcam came forward as a witness and talk to police to reassure my sister about her non fault accident.

With regards to all of this my sister talked to police this week and was told the report was submitted to traffic collision department 2 weeks ago and that her insurance (SWIMNTON ,INSPIRE MOTO) should request the report and they know the process.

when my sister talked to INSPIRE MOTOR. they said they won't do it coz it takes long !! again she rang and talk to another person he said he will request it. 

now we are concerned about ;

*MY sister insured with SWINTON and she did not know others brokers and when she checked the documents she found that on the section written insurer is 

Accredited Insurance
(Europe) Limited Insurer: Administered by Inspire
Motor Limited

*if KINDERTON CHARGES the hired vehicle from my sister ,although the first day they told her she won't be charged and it is free for her. 

*Her car is written off . they DID THE first valuation ,she did not accept it was so devalued, then kinderton did private engineer valuation again and she accepted the value, but no money or cheque has been received it has been two weeks now. It has been 6 weeks that she is on KINDERTON hired car !!! JP MORRIS (engineer company work with KINDERTON )

*cctv traffic footages normally get deleted after 31 days and now it is been more than that and KINDERTON ADN INSPRE MOTO did not bother to request report from TRAFFIC COLLISION DEPARTMENT nearly 2 month until she rang this week and ask them to do it (doubt about if they do it)

because she still has insurance on her written off car ,SWINTON REFUSED to give the remaining insured money from comprehensive insure that she paid before to them and when she asks if they transfer these 5 months to her new car if she buys one they said no we don't  ,

seems SWINTON let her insurance expires and then pocketing themselves with her remained insurance and get rid of her and saying you are not insured with us anymore .(THIS HAS HAPPEND AND I HEARD ABOUT SOME PEOPLE )

can anyone please help and advice on these for me ,

we have been waiting for an update since first of Feb 2024 and this week she was told the third party said that it was her fault and she said to them this was non fault accident to me and police got all details about evidence and INSPIRE MOTO SAID we have not received anything.

She said you should request report ! they dont bother.

Still nothing

• Like 1

Your post is rather confusing and so I am trying to work through it to understand exactly what has happened.

First thing I should say is that apparently you are posting on behalf of your sister. This often causes problems when we are dealing with third parties who have to relay messages and find out information.
Is it not possible for your sister to start posting directly. This will help everybody enormously and especially if you end up having to bring a court claim, it will be a sister who will have to bring the claim and even possibly have to represent herself in court.
You will be much better if she is fully conversant with everything that has happened and understands the way forward.

Secondly, I understand that there was an accident in early February.
You are insured with Swinton.
It was a no-fault accident.
There is evidence to support your position that it was a no-fault accident.

Your sister has been provided with a courtesy car from kinderton. I'm not sure whether you realise that you will have to pay for this – but the usual thing seems to be that rather than a courtesy car, kinderton actually provides credit hire cars and this is the trap that many people fall into. They receive assurances from their insurer that they won't have to pay for the vehicle but then it turns out that the information they received was wrong and they do have to pay.

I understand that the car has been written off and a valuation has been carried out which eventually you have accepted – is this correct?
I understand that despite the agreed valuation, nobody has received any money yet. Is this correct?

Do you have the full name and address details of the other driver?
Do you have the details of any of the witnesses?
Do you have copies of any of the evidence – or has it all been sent to the police?

You should start off immediately by sending the insurer – Swinton – a subject access request to get everything they have so far about the accident.

Thank you BnakFodder for reading my concern.

my apologies about the thread that my sister tried to help me it was confusing.

I am the policy holder and my husband had an accident on second of Feb , I rang SWINTON as I have their claim line on the insurance docs they sent me when I bought insurance for my car ,now last week swinton told me my insurer is INSPIRE MOTOR LIMITED .so swinton pass me to KINDERTON AND INSPIRE MOTOR LIMITED  I assume from the first day !

I do not have any evidence that it was non fault accident but my husband is 100 sure it was non fault due to the collision and his car positioned to the opposite line .and the OTHER DRIVER ADMITTED TO my husband and police in the day of incident. witness dashcam and other driver details are all with police and my husband just managed to take photo of plate. Also, police told him there was a cctv street camra exactly in the scene of the accident luckily. police gave my husband his details and reference for the incident.

unfortunately SWINTON told me to look on my policy first page doc and see  that my insurer is

Accredited Insurance
(Europe) Limited Insurer: Administered by Inspire
Motor Limited

i have been calling to SWINTON,KINDERTON since FEB as kindertol told me they are acident claim managment so they gave me reference for my case and when i ask for update they just told me third party has not accepted liability and we are waiting for the evidence(no one said about INSPRED MOTOR) UNTIL two days ago when swinton mentioned me it is INSPIRE MOTOR your insurer then I started calling them and tehy said we need evidence and if I have dashcam (after 6 weeks !!) 

so I rang policed last week and desparately ask them to ask the officer to ring me back as he was not on his duty .this week he rang me and I explained to him about the problem with my insurance and he said that they need to submit request to collision department to get the report and he told me that tell your insurer that the report of this incident has been submitted two weeks ago and they can easily ask by putting request for the report and they know the process.

again I  rang INSPIRE MOTOR and told them all about police guidnace AND THEY SAID WE WILL CHASE IT UP .

Today I receieved email from them that 

We have requested the police report from Greater Manchester police, however this can take up to eight weeks. In the meantime, the third party insurer are holding your driver fully at fault for the accident and have sent us an estimate for their repairs at nearly £27000 and is currently using a credit hire vehicle at the moment so we need to make a liability decision as soon as possible.

Due to this we need to speak with the driver at the time to confirm the below information –

• Start of route
  • Intended destination
  • Location of accident
  • Witness details & copy of dashcam footage as previously mentioned
  • Images of the damage to your vehicle
  • Indemnity questions

i was shocked and rang them today and asked them why they have not chase it up if they knew it will take 8 weeks to ask police report.

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE AS ALL ARE HANDED TO THE POLICE ON THAT DATE and just a number plate from the third party and the police officer email who were in the scene and reported it .

about a subject access request should I approach both SWINTON and INSPIRE MOTOR LIMITED AS they both are names on my insurance policy!

about kinderton HIRE CAR that swinton told me it is free of charge . what should I DO NOW >SO CONCERNED!

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this. There has been some confusion – I think this may be because you made your original post on somebody else's thread and we didn't realise it was a different story.
I'm afraid that I probably won't be able to have a look at this and respond until tomorrow.

Please monitor the thread.

Have you come over from Facebook? Are you able to tell us your Facebook name or else link to your Facebook entry so that we can understand a little bit more about which particular complainant you are. I'm afraid this seems to be a lot of people who are complaining about kinderton

my apologies again because i did not know how to start new thread to explain mine and I am new.

Yes I explained briefly in there as my case is open there and I prefer to stay anonymous and

then I was advised to come here and sign up and explain details about my problem with my insurance company

which is links to different brokers and Kinderton is one of them ,t

he facebook group called BEWARE OF KINDERTONS ACCIDENT MANAGEMNT COMPANY .

I think there is a misunderstanding about how Insurers or their claims management company handle claims. Remember they probably receive thousands of claims every week, therefore they don't have the time or finances to collect every bit of evidence for every such accident claim.

They will look at the details of the accident and decide how they will pursue the claim against the third party.  Of course third party Insurers do often initially refuse any liability, but then later on they may come to a different decision once it is looked at again .

Your current feelings are based on uncertainty, so let the  claim process  progress and if you want to present more evidence you have obtained then supply this to those handling the claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As my site team colleague above has suggested, it is still early days and we will need to see how things develop.

Clearly it is going to be very difficult at the moment because you don't have any of the evidence in your hands. It has all been passed to the police.
I understand that you don't even have the name and address of the other driver – just a registration number.
I understand that you are using a vehicle which has been supplied by kinderton – is this correct?
You have been told that this will be free of charge – but have you been told this on the telephone or in writing?

Also, it's getting a bit confusing again because the original post here was somebody posting on behalf of their sister.
Now I get the impression that the sister is not the person involved in the accident but that she has now taken over posting and is posting on behalf of her husband.
I'm afraid it had already got very confusing because of the post which was added to somebody else's thread.

It would be helpful to know who is who. If the husband is a driver – then where is he?
From the message which you receive from the insurer above, it seems that even they may be having difficulty because they have now told you that they need to speak to the driver – which is your husband.

In terms of subject access request – it's completely free and I would suggest that you send a request to any insurer or agent which is involved in and which you believe might have some useful information.
Also, you have relied on the insurer to make the enquiry from the police. I would suggest that you make your own enquiries well but also send them the subject access request to see whether they really have sent an enquiry to the police – and what date that happened.
You will need to be careful to make sure that everybody is doing their job.

As my site team colleague has already indicated, third party insurance will it will automatically deny liability and my impression is that often things are settled between them simply to avoid long drawnout and expensive process.
This may not be to your best advantage and you won't get to getting control of this unless you get all of the facts and all of the information into your position.

In terms of the free car hire/loan, I expect that you have probably been told that it's free on the telephone. In this case you should write a letter and email immediately and point out that you were told in such and such a date that the loan of the car was completely free and you are confirming that this is what you are relying upon and that if they disagree then they should let you know this in writing immediately.

Because of the number of people on your side who seem to be trying to sort this out and also because of the lack of evidence in your possession

Yes I am the policy holder and he is second driver.

and since first day I talked to my insurer on behalf of my husband ( my husband is presence on the time of my explanation every time I talk to them to confirm and pass security checks  and give consent that he is happy I proceed and talk to them

and then I started talking as he struggles with English language and my insurer and Kinderton and accident management , Inspire Moto are aware of that .

That email was sent to my husband and me and they rang both of us when they need to speak to us and yesterday when I rang Inspire moto regarding that email and sending details ,he confirmed that you can send us the details on behalf of your husband. 

So I will send email to Kimberton about the Free of charge hired car to see ehat they send me back via email . 

Thanks

First of all, please can you avoid posting solid blocks of text. It is difficult for people to read especially on small screen such as telephones.

Properly spaced is helpful.

Secondly, please will you post up the draft of the letter which you intend to send before you send it off. We would like to see it first

OK  I   try  using  two  spaces .

how  should  I  send  DRAFT of   the  letter  ?  I  did  copy  and  pasted  it  if   you  are   referring  to  the  accident  claim  management  email  one .

I wasn't talking about putting spaces between words.

We need spaces between the lines to make things readable.

In the previous post we referred to a letter sent to kinderton stating that your understanding is that the loan car is free of charge. He then said that you would send it and I ask you to post a draft of it here first.

I don't think we are referring to any other letter at the moment are we?

Thank you unclebukgaria67 for reading my concern

I myself had emailed the police who were in scene of incident as he told me to do if help needed.

I will be waiting for his response 

Meanwhile I sent email to KINDERTON and kindly asked them to send me confirmation to reassure me of what they told me about 

free of charge payment for  the courtesy car they provided me .

Thanks for clarifying Ok  I used spaces between lines.

where should I send the email draft ? 

I tried to find sending draft option but it is quote and report that able me to type. 

your guidance would be appreciated please.

I understand that you have already sent the email. Maybe you could post a copy of it here please. We would like to see what you are saying to them

Yes this is the email I sent 

Good morning dear /sirs

My reference is xxxxx

The first day I was referred to Kinderton for Courtesy car ,Kinderton provided me with Courtesy car

and then I asked about charge fee first and Kinderton told me that I don't have to pay for me and it is free of charge.

Can you please kindly confirm this for my reassurance? 

Many Thanks
MY NAME 

Thank you. Please update us as soon as you get a reply and post a reply here as well.

If you don't get a reply by next Monday then please come here and let us know and you will have to chase it up.

Thank you again for your time dedicating to reading concerns 

Thank you for your advices 

sure I will update you once I receive any email .

can you please kindly help me with sample draft of Subject Access Request(SAR)

I want to send email to both insurers INSPIRE MOTOR that are handling my claim and  SWINTON broker.

I do not know how to write it .

Click the link – subject access request

just type in the msg box ...no need to keep hitting quote!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi 

I have read the link and I tried to find the correspondence address for INSPIRE MOTOR LIMITED from the ICO. 

I found the registration certificate with the adress on but also found people with specific controls (director) and correspondence address .

the address and postcodes are the same from GOV.UK details in comparison to the adress on the registration certificate.

which one should I send my mail to by post please?

21 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Click the link – subject access request

Thanks

and because I have been in contact with them since beginning but 

they sent email to both of us and have both of our contact details due to my husband language circumstances

should we BOTH  me and husband SIGN the SAR

The best thing to do would be to make the subject access request on the telephone. You're entitled to do this although you may find that the person who you are speaking to doesn't realise this. You should insist.

Get through the security check so they are happy to talk to you about your account. This will confirm your identity and tell them that you making a subject access request and you want everything that they have in any form and on any subject going back as far as they have records on you. Do this for both of you.

Then confirm it by email using our SAR template except that you will start off by saying that you confirm your verbal subject access request of XXX date. Et cetera.

• Thanks 1

I rang KINDERTON and kindly asked about update  of the raised disputed car payment for my written of car that I agreed on

I was told they cannot keep hold of the money that third-party paid 

received email stating these ;

and will send me the cheque but receiving cheque does not mean I accepted the lower valuation.

and there is a shortfall of £ ......and they chase the third party for.

and collect the hire car on date and time provided to me .

• Thanks 1

Thank you. You also reported a certain email that you would receive from them. Please would you put it up here on the open forum.

It's important that everybody can see it and also it will help us to understand where you are on this.

This is the second email I received about cheque payment for my written of car and  reassurance of that this is not the amount I agreed on .

Dear xxxx,

As discussed your hire car has been booked in collection on Wednesday, morning. I have also issued the cheque.

Please note there is a shortfall of £xxxx  we will continue to chase the third party for.  In the mean time receiving the cheque does not mean you accept the lower valuation.

• Thanks 1