Contact HMRC for Death of Family Member

gerson

Hi Nicky Boy,

My wife had Advanced Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) which is not curable. The smallest quote for insurance was 1.2k per month (minimum)

Her previous two Onco appointments were showing considerable improvements, so we were planning on visiting the USA later this year (Florida) with insurance hopefully at a better rate

But the cancer came back with a vengeance :-(

I have travel insurance provided by my bank (since I used their credit card for some of the bookings) so I am trying to claim with them. My wife was automatically included in that insurance, so fingers crossed

G

Update

My insurance declined the claim since lung cancer was a 'pre-existing' condition at the time of booking

Will try and ask BA to reconsider, otherwise I will lose several hundred pounds

Probate (or rather the equivalent here in Malta) is completed and took 2 weeks from receiving the official death certificate

Have now sent off all the necessary closure forms to Pension, Insurance, UK Bank, etc.

Just need to visit the embassy to have her passport cancelled

G

• 3 weeks later...

Okay some updates

BA are reconsidering the claim for a refund

DWP have returned all documents and are now 'dealing with the claim'

UK Bank are now closing the accounts

UK Private Pension - since there will be no Probate had to fill out other forms and confirm that there will be no accounts named with 'for the late' or 'the estate of' so that payment can be made as per the will

G

• Like 1