• Tweets

• Creditors Name / Brand Acct Ref POD Balance Received (£) Claim Admitted (Y/N) Cabot Financial IVA 33749505 642.90 Y Cabot Financial IVA 35707961 8,162.07 Y Direct Legal Collections Q5180215 0.00 N Direct Legal Collections Q5185144 0.00 N Ee 157920642 0.00 N HMRC VAS JN434119D 0.00 N Lantern UK IVA M6152941 284.68 N Lloyds Bank IVA 6288 2,692.00 N Lloyds Bank IVA 30963530231568 5,596.00 N Lowell Financial 300092756 1,014.00 Y Lowell Financial 294767660 228.00 Y Lowell Financial 274783943 1,538.00 N Lowell Financial 241096338 1,343.68 Y Lowell Financial 280654617 22,446.00 Y Lowell Financial 264807132 1,189.00 Y Lowell Group 263221038 246.00 Y Perch Capital E0QZ6R22 0.00 N Zopa IVA E04E25C3B7434C8361 0.00 N Total Unsecured Creditors 58,978.33 Total SOA Claim 58,692.00 Fees and Costs £ £ Fee Type Proposed Approved Nominee Fee 1,900.00 1,900.00 Supervisor Fee 1,750.00 1,260.00 Disbursements 0.00 31.00 Adjournment Fee 0.00 0.00 Dividends Approved Dividends at first MOC (p in £) 8.87 Revised Estimated Dividend  (p in £) 8.83 Total Dividends Paid to Date (£) 276.29 Dividends Paid to Date  (p in £) 0.78 Case Details Income and Expenditure Reviewed N Arrears (Y/N) N Value of Arrears (£) 0.00 Current Balance at Bank 185.72 No. of Months Arrears 0 Original Duration of IVA 60 Payment Break Agreed (Y/N) N Current Duration of IVA 60 Breach Notice Issued (Y/N) N Subject: Request for Settlement Proposal Due to Changed Circumstances   I am writing to discuss the current status of my Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), now in its 36th month. Following a recent income and expenditure review with a debt charity this morning, it has become clear that my financial situation has deteriorated significantly, making the continuation of the agreed monthly repayment of £140 unfeasible.   The primary reason for my financial hardship remains the ongoing health challenges faced by my two Sons, which have necessitated frequent hospital visits and medical care since 2017.    As a result, my employment opportunities are limited, and I am self-employed with Uber Eats to accommodate their medical appointments, hospital stays, and monthly infusions.   It is crucial to highlight that pursuing Debt Relief Orders (DRO) or bankruptcy would not yield any additional funds for creditors, as I reside in rented accommodation and possess no other assets or savings.   Furthermore, I do not foresee a change or improvement in my circumstances in the foreseeable future due to the long-term nature of my children's health conditions, and the health issues I am now suffering for to the stress of this IVA.    I have faithfully maintained my IVA payments for 36 months without missing a single installment. Regrettably, my situation has become increasingly untenable, leading to depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts related to the financial strain of the IVA.    To avoid defaulting on payments, I have resorted to borrowing money from friends and family, resulting in a further deterioration of my health and consequently even more debt which is definitely not the solution I expected from you.   Based on my recent income and expenditure assessment, I am currently experiencing a monthly deficit of approximately £650 due to the escalating cost of living. Therefore, I respectfully request that you propose an early settlement to my creditors, based on the payments made to date, taking into consideration the exceptional circumstances surrounding my children's health and my own mental well-being. My wife too is unwell and unable to work leaving me to look after them all with zero support from the government or council.    If it is not deemed appropriate to request an early settlement, I will have no alternative but to cancel the IVA and manage my creditors directly.   Additionally, I must convey my dissatisfaction with the service provided by Creditfix, to whom I have been referred from Hanover. The level of service at Creditfix has not met acceptable standards, and I feel confused and unsupported throughout this process. Despite my worsening situation, Creditfix has shown little interest in understanding my circumstances and instead has pressured me to increase payments. Your last email requesting modification and an increase in payments clearly demonstrated to me that you have no interest or concern for my family or my welfare and are our solely to get what you as much as you can, giving zero regard to my situation.    Lastly, I want to clarify that I have exhausted all avenues of financial support, and I do not have any friends or family who can lend me further funds to cover the outstanding amount on the IVA.   I appreciate your understanding and assistance in this matter. Please advise on the next steps and provide any necessary documentation to facilitate the negotiation of a settlement with my creditors.   I have attached a copy of my latest income and expenditure form that I completed this morning that shows how struggling I am right now and can't afford to pay this any longer.    Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. I eagerly await your response.   Yours sincerely,
    • No because telling a story in your statement chronologically it would be out of run sequence. 
    • I have just sent my IVA company the following letter in going to wait to see it credit fox accept my request to put to my creditors or request to accept payments so far as my full settlement but I suspect credit fix will try they're best to avoid that happening - I'm confident the credited will agree but getting credit fix to agree is another story.    I have today sent them the following letter and if they don't accept I'll stop the agreement and ignore and on that instance plese help me clear all my issues guys as I'm sure I'll need lots of help to get the likes of lowell and Cabot of my back.    I do know that most thus debt was taken out around 2009 and 10 and some in 2015 meaning the original debt are all. Over 6 years for sure and I hope you guys can guide me how to deal with them now  firstly below is a list of all the creditors with amounts and some are duplicate and then followed by the letter I just sent to iva company 
    • I see CEL accepted all the stuff about you being a genuine customer and offered to settle the matter for £20. What was your logic for refusing their offer of settlement? I'm not saying you were wrong, we have plenty of cases where motorists have quite rightly told the PPCs where to stuff their £20 offers.  Just interested in your reasons for making the decisions you have been making about your case.  
    • Because its not connected to this claim.....Ideally if you had received the claim you would have requested information pursuant to CPR 31.14 and a CCA request for the agreement. DSAR only reveals your personal data held which would be minimal with the this claimant. You can leave it in if you desire but it adds no weight to your statement.   .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ECP ANPR PCN - didn't use terminal- Hornsey Central Health Centre

@F18 the issue that may come up is that ECP will probably say that you have to submit it through their formal appeals process. ECP, like most of the PPCs, have it as a condition of submitting an appeal that you name the driver, otherwise they won't accept the appeal. On the ECP page you linked in Post #21 it says "Please review our FAQs before submitting an appeal", go to the FAQ about appeals and it says [my bold] "All correspondence must include the Parking Charge Notice reference number, your vehicle registration mark, your name, address and the name of the driver (if different) and any supporting evidence."

That's one reason why we normally advise people never to appeal, it's how PPCs try to force you to reveal the driver when you aren't legally required to do so. You then lose important legal protections. (The other reason for not appealing is that they rarely accept them!)

You are not appealing.  There are no grounds for appeal.  You did fail to input the registration number.

I would send ECP a letter by 2nd class post (all they are worth), obtaining a free Certificate of Posting, and enclosing a redacted copy of the appointment, saying Hornsey Central Health Centre* have told you to do this to get the charge cancelled.

I think there is a huge chance that reception are fobbing you off, but it's only a stamp so worth a try.

* Or whoever the organ grinder is.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

Alright - thanks. I'll try sending a full redacted letter 2nd class to them with the below text in the hope they cancel it. Guessing I should not sign it or say my name anywhere - just have the text, ECP reference number and the redacted proof of appointment on that day?

Please find enclosed proof a medical appointment on the day of 12 February 2024 at 17:25, the patient for which was the driver of the vehicle in question. The reception at Queenswood Medical Practice / Hornsey Central Health Centre has instructed us to contact you directly with this proof of appointment they provided, saying the PCN should be cancelled as the driver of the vehicle attended a medical appointment on the day and did not use the parking facilities for any other purpose.

Edited by F18

2 hours ago, F18 said:

Guessing I should not sign it or say my name anywhere - just have the text, ECP reference number and the redacted proof of appointment on that day?

There's no problem giving your name.  You are the registered keeper and the person they sent the invoice to.  Don't sign it though.

2 hours ago, F18 said:

Please find enclosed proof of a medical appointment on the day of 12 February 2024 at 17:25, the patient having travelled in the vehicle in question. The reception at Queenswood Medical Practice / Hornsey Central Health Centre has instructed us to contact you directly with this proof of appointment they provided, saying the PCN should be cancelled as the vehicle contained a patient who attended a medical appointment on the day and did not use the parking facilities for any other purpose.

No clue should be given to them at all about the identity of the driver,.  I've made suggested changes in red above.

Get the letter off tomorrow.  I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.  But nothing ventured ...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread