Interview questions at child tax credit interview

Anxious Melvin

I’m have received  a letter asking about my child care costs from April 23 to Mar 24. I understand from threads on here it may be tied to the switch over to UC. Is anyone able to remember what questions they were asked in the interview please? I am a little anxious (it seems this letter incites mass anxiety) and knowing beforehand what questions I might expect would ally my anxiety to some extent. 

Have not been through process myself, but understand the rationale behind it.

Have all of the details available.  Childcare invoices for every month and list of payments made. And details of employment that have required you to need childcare.

It is not just HMRC tax credits that are completing this type of exercise. DWP have also employed a large number of checking agents, where they go through all of the basic information, to make sure what has been paid out is on the correct basis.

Government believes that a percentage of money paid out to people should not have been paid and should stop being paid. And the checks in the system have not been adequate, which is why there are now many more checking agents employed.

Hopefully others who have actually been involved in the process will confirm the type of questions, but I should imagine they will directly relate to your particular claim and whether the circumstances of claim have remained exactly in line with what you originally told them.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread