SIMPSONS BEAUTY GROUP

I made an online booking (£1.50 paid on the app) for a session at this spa but was unable to attend. Unfortunately, I couldn't ring and reschedule/cancel. 

They tried to charge my card for £50 without any approval from me. Luckily, it was my backup account which I mostly always keep empty.

T&C's on the booking email make no mention of my consent for them to take out money from my card.

I'm more than slightly annoyed by this, and wondered if this falls within what is considered legal.

Thoughts, please?

Depends what the T’s & C’s say about not showing up (& not cancelling).

if they didn’t know you weren’t going to show so couldn’t allow someone else to take that slot : they may well be entitled to charge you (depending on what the T’s & C’s say).

These look like the T&C's

Less than one month prior will incur a £5 administrative fee per person.

7 days prior will incur a £15 administrative fee per person.

48 hours prior will incur a 50% charge per person of the total experience and any additional treatments booked.

24 hours or less will incur a full charge per person of the experience and all additional treatments booked.

So it looks like your bang to rights on lack of cencellation.

However, being able to debit your card directly sounds like you've given them the access to do so at some time.

Could be the app? Check the settings.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

By what you're saying, the payment failed?

I personally wouldn't alert them to this.

Call the bank and cancel the continuous payment authority. Do this now because they'll likely try and charge your card again in a couple of days once they realise the payment failed. Your bank might kick up a stink but stick to your guns and get it cancelled.

The likelihood of them taking the time and effort to take you to court over £50 is pretty much zero.

• Like 2
  • I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread