MET/DR+ CCTV PCN - Occupants left Car Park - Southgate park stansted

Hi all,

have read through every other thread of this parking scam.

Received a parking charge due to leaving the car park to go to McDonald’s for my boyfriend as there was a line in Starbucks but still went to Starbucks after the fact on 19/11/23. Did not receive the PNC until 7/12/23. As usual the Starbucks car park was completely empty. 

have ignored all parking charge letters and did not file an appeal as following guidance on here

today received a debt recovery plus letter with the choice of £170 or do nothing and go to court.

Should we now take action and contact Starbucks/ euro parks or continue to ignore

thanks in advance for any help!

• dx100uk changed the title to MET/DR+ CCTV PCN - Occupants left Car Park - Southgate park stansted parking charge
3 hours ago, Simrabbit said:

today received a debt recovery plus letter with the choice of £170 or do nothing and go to court.

it doesn't say WILL anything.

await/if you ever get a letter of claim.

no harm in appealing to the garage email address like everyone else has 

can you please complete the sticky HB put up too

and scan up bothsides of every letter to one mass multipage PDF in date order please.

read upload CAREFULLY and use the listed online sites to do so.

do NOT use a PDF editor to redact your letter scans. 

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to MET/DR+ CCTV PCN - Occupants left Car Park - Southgate park stansted

Yep, get on to the Starbucks CEO  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-82463&c=Starbucks UK-General Manager

Lay it on thick about being a genuine customer and not overstaying the free 60 minutes.  Emphasise you did nothing wrong.  Attach any proof of purchase.

Er - no need to mention McDonalds.

This strategy was working wonders until a short time ago ... when Starbucks seemed to start to get a bit fed up ... but if you can show proof of being a genuine customer it should help.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't know why so many caggers are reluctant to complete the questionnaire and the PCN. Particularly as the wording of the PCN can often be the downfall of the rogues. The quicker the questions are answered often the quicker the cagger can have the knowledge that they do not need to pay these often dodgy invoices.

In this instance we have seen several of Met 's PCNs from Stansted. So what we can say is that your PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 . This means that only the driver is responsible to pay the PCN since Met can no longer transfer the charhe from the driver to the keeper.

It also means that as long as Met does not know who was driving [and the Courts do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person] it makes it difficult for Met to win in Court should it get that far since so many other people are legally able to drive that car. So be careful not to admit who was driving.

We still need you to complete the questionnaire since each victim in those two car parks has different situations. For instance in your case you were actually a customer of Starbucks.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

2 hours ago, lookinforinfo said:

For instance in your case you were actually a customer of Starbucks.

Yep,

This is a biggie!

It also highlights the fact that situations can vary, as LFI said.

(I don't think we've seen a PCN issued to an actual customer of Starbucks so far... It's obviously ridiculous!)

Do you have proof of your purchase from 'Bucks?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

1 The date of infringement? 19/11/23

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] I don't think so?

5 Who is the parking company? paymetparking

The only issue with being a customer at starbucks is a receipt was not received and paid through apple pay.

This means the payment shown on my bank statements is two days after and by the time the parking notice was received the apple pay log had been cleared.

Sorry everyone I am new to this if any of it is not making sense.

Will upload photos when i am back from work.

Is it worth contacting my bank to try and retrieve the exact time of the payment?

You're only dealing with customer service people, no big deal.

Just e-mail the CEO and attach what evidence you have.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for  answering the questions. Well done for not appealing  as it often gives the rogues information [such as who was driving]  .The Notice to Keeper is also called a Parking Charge Notice  which is probably what they sent you in December. And that is the document that we would like to see please.

The payment will remain on your bank statement so you can access it at any time to show proof that you paid though Met are claiming that you parked in the wrong plaace by going to McDonalds.  As you also went to Starbucks, Met will be in a spot of bother especially as it seems that Starbucks was your intended destination.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, apologies for being MIA.

Have just received another debt recovery plus letter.

What can we do?

I have emailed Alex rayner but is there anything else I should do?

The letter states we have lost the right to appeal the charge.

thanks in advance! 

What you can do is sit on your hands and not reply to DR+. We weren't going to suggest appealing anyway. :)

But you also need to start reading other threads in the parking forum. As far as I can tell you've only looked at your own so you won't know what to expect. if Met decide to go the legal route.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have read a few before I opened my thread. Do you by any chance have the links to ones in which have been to court? I have not seen these:) thanks

None of the cases for this site have reached court yet.

MET have started a couple of cases but there hasn't been a hearing yet.

You need to read other threads and learn a couple of quick legal principles.

Say you & I got into a legal row about something.  I could sue you, and you could sue me.  Your best mate couldn't sue me.  My next-door neighbour couldn't sue you.  The case would have nothing to do with them.

It's the same with DR+ or any other DCA.  They can do nothing.  They have as much power as the potato peel I chucked in the bin this evening.

It's excellent that they are sending the letters.  The letters are laughable.  Hot air from paper tigers.

Just relax and ignore them.

No, don't relax - read similar threats so you familiarise yourself with the legal process.