Big Motoring World bluebell hill ST68 ZXR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did they say literally that the rejection letter was useless? What did they actually say? And did they give any explanation.

Separately, we suggested that in terms of the warranty you should start a new thread. I don't think you have done this. Are you intending to do so?

They called my son and said the rejection letter wouldn’t get him anywhere and was Useless/irrelevant And meant nothing,  no reason given as I believe? 

since then things have moved swiftly and they are agreeing to fix the car.. 

in regards to the warranty I’ve left that to my son to deal with, I don’t know what he’s intentions are regarding this as I think he just hopes they will fix the car, but that’s he’s decision..

your help has enabled  us this far so I Thankyou 

well they will say that.

he shouldnt really be accepting calls.

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes but they shouldn't be fixing the car as a warranty matter.

separately we should be able to recover all his money for the warranty. He needs to make it clear that he is not invoking the warranty and that he is relying on his consumer rights.
I suppose he doesn't record his calls because from the sounds of it the conversation would be very useful

Surely they didn't say that the rejection was useless – and so many words? Can you get a bit more specific detail

I expect that the situation is now that they will repair the car and they will say that it has been done under warranty which then validates the warranty.

They will also try to say that it has nothing to do with the rejection so that if the repair fails they will say that the right to return the car and be refunded does not apply. Then by the time it is all dealt with the six months will have expired.

It depends on how your son was to deal with this. If you'd rather not bother and simply carry on and rely on the warranty then he is welcome to do that however, you should understand that the rights that he has incurred by by the warranty are exactly the same as the rights that he enjoys under the consumer rights act. He has paid for duplicate rights. He has paid in advance for repairs which he is entitled to receive free of charge.

I think you had better find out what he wants to do and once again, it really would be much more helpful if he would engage directly because we are involved in some kind of Chinese whispers here

And just to add, the way this company seems to be behaving towards its customers in the way that it seems to be oblivious to the damage it does to his reputation, I think that if your son thinks that getting a repair is going to sort it out and that they will stand by their consumer obligations in the future, then he is probably being a little naïve.
I hope I'm wrong, but….

• Like 1
  • I agree 1