Court case against sisters ex husband lawyer required

I can’t go into detail as the other party maybe on here.

I’m currently waiting for the final hearing date.

The claimant ( sister’s ex husband) has been LIP until now and has recently got himself a barrister. 

I don’t have any representation and the reason for this post is can anyone recommend a lawyer based in the West Midlands. 

I’m on low income and I’ve tried Gov website to see if I’m eligible for Legal Aid but it seems unlikely.

thanks

im4347

Hi.

We don't recommend lawyers, I'm afraid, our rules don't allow it.

You're looking for a pro bono barrister, from what you say. You could try local law colleges who may have workshops for members of the public. Or there's a pro bono system for barristers which I'll go and have a look for. Someone on here did find one, I'm tagging @HP Mum to see if she can help.

Do you have your files all organised? If you're going to show your case to someone else, they need to be able to understand it easily.

ETA: This is the pro bono organisation supported by the Bar Council, if you google 'pro bono barrister' there are others.

WEAREADVOCATE.ORG.UK

Advocate: Finding free legal help from barristers

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 4 weeks later...

My input re Advocate is that you need to apply well in advance. 

They suggest minimum of 3 weeks before hearings.

But the reality is they are very busy and it can take months to get help. 

If you are lucky to be "approved" then they send your issue out to many chambers - in the hope barristers see the "pitch" and offer to help

The quality of barristers can be brilliant.  But they are not allowed to be heavily involved in any case. Their pro-bono time is restricted. Which can be a problem with on-going and complicated cases.

What can happen is you keep being given different barristers when their time allocation is exhausted.  That can impact continuity.   But it is a valuable service for those in need.   The chances of getting legal aid are remote (especially if it involves property)

Hope this helps