MET PCN - awaiting for starbucks to open - 20 minute stay - Southgate Park, Stansted

Great work by NB, Lolerz and LFI.

So on top of the other thousand reasons why MET's claims are pants - any traffic infringements are covered by bye-laws and any "fines" should go to the state, not some private company.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

For some reason Folkestone and Hythe sem to have got involved wih Stansted airport developments back in 2006 and at the end os their report show maps of Stansted airport as it then was.

https://service.folkestone-hythe.gov.uk/webapp/lydd-airport/CORE DOCS/CD10/CD10.2 (LAAG) Stansted)/STN_interim_masterplan.pdf

Around 2005 Uttlesford Council which is the Council that actually covers Stansted also issued a document and in Appendix 2 they had a Policy 

S 4 which included Stansted airport boundary that was included in their  Proposals map. 

I have so far been unable to find the proposals map.

However in view of Met never using PoFA at the Starbucks/McDonalds car parks it is questionable whether the search to prove where the boundary is worth the time expended.

Understood LFI.

However, I think the bye-laws element should be tested in defences and/or Witness Statements from now on.  Let's see how MET react, if they ignore the matter or try to argue the area is not covered by bye-laws.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Agreed,

If they use the word "Keeper" at all in POC's, it should be specifically addressed in the defence, putting them to strict proof of driver identity.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I'd go the other way Nicky. i would want them to pursue the keeper  since PoFA states that the keeper is liable if the PCN is not paid within 28 days. Only after they explain that they are pursuing the keeper is the time to point out that there is no keeper liability.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

further letters received now and I’m not sure how much longer I can hold out,

obviously the amount is now tripled from the beginning but it’s stressing my mother out a lot

she already has plenty to deal with

I’m concerned I’m just adding to that.

Im sending another round of e-mails out and I’m going to try and reach the Stansted MP too,

but I’m not seeing many silver linings 

2024-02-27 DR+.pdf

hold out? against what...:noidea:

silly dca threat-o-gram

a dca is not a bailiff

and can do NOTHING they have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I understand that they're threats and don't carry much weight, but it's more about the stress that it's putting on my family (which i know is their tactic, but theres a reason it works)

Not to get all sob story, but my Dad suffers from Dementia and so my mum already has to deal with that, so the added threat of debt collection agencies reaching the household and threatening the household just throws in a whole new level of confusion and uncertainty that i'd really rather help them avoid.

You need to read other threads and learn a couple of quick legal principles.

Say you & I got into a legal row about something.  I could sue you, and you could sue me.  Your best mate couldn't sue me.  My next-door neighbour couldn't sue you.  The case would have nothing to do with them.

It's the same with DR+ or any other DCA.  They can do nothing.  They have as much power as the orange peel I have just chucked in the bin.

It's excellent that they are sending the letters.  They can do nothing.  It's not that the threats "don't carry much weight", they don't carry any weight, there is no "threatening the household".

Just relax and ignore them.

No, don't relax - read similar threats so you familiarise yourself with the legal process.

• Like 1

It's just clicked with me that it is your mum, not you, who is receiving these letters.

Did you get any joy with Starbucks/Euro Garages?  That had been the key to victory after victory until recently when Starbucks started to be less cooperative.

Posted (edited)

Heya, yeah it’s my mum, I opted to take it on as I was hoping to avoid more stress. It’s less about me not being able to hold out from the companies, and more about my parents who are receiving the letters and harassment etc.

A lady from Starbucks has been trying to cooperate, but she says “I only have to appeal to them through the same portal as everybody else” so I don’t believe she is having any luck either.

Eurogarages still nothing.

Edited by Help099