ParkMaven ANPR PCN - no valid parking session - Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport ***Cancelled by HolidayExtras***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 92 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go again:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

1 Date of the infringement 02/12/2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 11/12/2023

3 Date received 16/12/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

7 Who is the parking company? ParkMaven Limited

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

POPLA

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I was meant to travel on the 2nd-5th of December.

Had prepaid parking + Hotel with HolidayExtras.

My airplane was delayed 11 hours (in one hour increments, fun day!)

ended up deciding not to travel and changing my travel dates to 7th-10th Dec.

Before going home I arranged for my parking arrangement with Nightel/Hampton (the hotel is Nightel but the parking is shared with, and managed by, Hampton) to be moved to the 7th-10th and was told no problem.

I asked if I needed to do anything for my stay on the 2nd and they said, "not at all, you're good to go".

Lo and behold, received in the mail today a lovely parking charge for £100 (or £60 if paid soon).

For now what I did is write to Holiday extras directly and ask them to intercede with Nightel/Hampton to remove the charge. I hope this will work out...

What a hassle I was half expecting this to happen anyway... and it did.

Yes, spot on.

You know the PPCs never accept appeals.  Get on to the organ grinder.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkMaven PCN - @HamptonByHilton Parking Humberside Airport, booked with @HolidayExtras - Had to amend travel plans was assured by hotel everything was fine... It wasn't.
  • dx100uk changed the title to ParkMaven PCN - Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport

PCN scan please

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkMaven ANPR PCN - no valid parking session - Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport
1 hour ago, FTMDave said:

Get on to the organ grinder.

not popla nor the PPC

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Parkmaven has missed out one of the stipulations in PoFA making the PCN non compliant.

Schedule 4 S9 [2][e] 

(e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper—

(i)to pay the unpaid parking charges

They did not ask the keeper to pay . They did say the driver was required to pay but that is not what PoFA asked for. So that means that you as keeper are not liable to pay the PCN.

I am surprised that Parkmaven think they can employ PoFA on airport land as airports are all covered by Bye laws.

Perhaps the Hilton is outside the Byelaw area.

Check with the Hilton.

• Like 2

airport land i bet!

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Resolved. HolidayExtras talked to whoever they needed to and the charge was dropped. They did take their sweet time  (almost 2 months...) but other than the wait there was no hassle.

dropped by whom?

have you had a letter from ParkMavern stating such? 

and they

It's important to answer dx's question.

We've had plenty of cases where well-intentioned companies told the PPCs to stop, but they carried on regardless.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is verbatim from HolidayExtras:

We have had a reply from the parking company explaining that the fine has now been cancelled. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

The last communication I received from ParkMaven themselves was a letter dated 9th January called "FINAL REMINDER", nothing since. Cautiously optimistic about it.

Fine, you need to explain its not a fine to them. !!

but sounds promising

i'd p'haps also ask them to confirm with evidence that the ParkHaven have cancelled the speculative invoice as you have no proof.

dx

and they

Ahaha, I already have problems explaining to my friends that a speculative invoice is not a fine, I'm not about to try explaining that to a customer service rep who is probably already dead inside from the daily abuse they get from their customers and boss in equal measure.

Your advice is good advice, but I'm lazy and for this one, am happy to take the email at face value. Will update if I get into further trouble.

As Parkmaven have almost 6 years to bring a claim against you it would make sense to bookmark that email from Holiday Extras. If a letter then take a copy and file them both in separate places as insurance.

But well done for contacting HE and getting a good result -so far.

Edited by lookinforinfo

• FTMDave changed the title to ParkMaven ANPR PCN - no valid parking session - Hampton by Hilton Humberside Airport ***Cancelled by HolidayExtras***