Injury at Holiday Park - Park admitted Liability - Query on what Offer we should make

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All,

in 2021 we were on holiday in the UK at one of the main holiday companies.

The last evening, some circumstances caused by the park meant my partner had to go out to use facilities at another caravan to feed the kids.

Upon coming back, she stepped down from the steps (hand rail was on wrong side) down onto the slab base, to find that they had not been sufficiently installed and as a result fell injuring herself. Next morning was check out and upon leaving there was no real questioning from guest services or recoding the incident in the accident book.

As a result missus ended up wearing a boot for a few days and had a prolonged course of physio on the injury.

The park have admitted liability, advising that the fault was picked up prior to our stay but no action had been taken. I asked about their checks and I was told that its done by the cleaners and reported. I found that quite disappointing as they have to be in/out quickly given the demand put on them. I stated I think their process needs to be looked out in terms of safety checks.

At the time they made an offer (£500) which seems reasonable, but you have to bear in mind, we had to pay another £400 to make a change a couple of weeks before, when the holiday had been booked almost the year before. It was disappointing they forced us to make another payment.

the reason I am here is after opinions really.

Missus had some OT and Bank Holiday working scheduled which she couldn't do whilst in the boot, then she had to take it easy on the injury for a while whilst it was still very tender.

Do you think their offer is reasonable.

As on the grand scheme of things, we are slightly more out of pocket, which obviously will be difficult to prove.

We have 5 months left on the 3 years, - Reason we didn't raise anything sooner is we have had some difficulty since the injury with a difficult family bereavement and other commitments.

Should we counter it?

or go down the NWNF route?

Obv we have done most the donkey work for them.

• dx100uk changed the title to Injury at Holiday Park - Park admitted Liability - Query on what Offer we should make

if you can prove she lost income, then id no accept, their 1st offer is always low.

thread title updated.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk thanks for the prompt response,

Im unsure if we would have anything now, I think the initial complaint we sent in had information in but because this was OT and BH OT then it was extra, but obviously it wouldnt show on her record as being sick as she had agreed to it and then had to withdraw following the incident.

Was a right fuster cluck though, the hospital initially said she had broken her foot and popped her in the boot a few days later when we got back from relatives she had an appointment with our local hospital a half hour drive away only for them to xray again and she hadnt broken her foot, but instead damaged her ligaments and required injections and physio.  Guess who ended up being her uber for a few days :D 

It sounds far too low. Standby for a reply later on.

You need to send them an sar and also you need to start assembling medical reports and make a detailed bullet pointed chronology of how this is affected you both in terms of lost time, actually expenses, and any emotional or distress consequences

It sounds far too low.

It will be helpful if could itemise in list form the difficulties you have experienced as a result.

This should include how much time have you lost or has it cost you – please explain why. This would include the time taken getting medical reports, doctors visits et cetera.
What expenses have you incurred?
Have you lost any opportunities as a result of the injury and not being able to attend planned events.
Has there been any emotional or distress consequences?

List form. Bullet pointed. Minimal narrative

On 08/12/2023 at 14:43, BankFodder said:

It sounds far too low.

It will be helpful if could itemise in list form the difficulties you have experienced as a result.

This should include how much time have you lost or has it cost you – please explain why. This would include the time taken getting medical reports, doctors visits et cetera.
What expenses have you incurred?
Have you lost any opportunities as a result of the injury and not being able to attend planned events.
Has there been any emotional or distress consequences?

List form. Bullet pointed. Minimal narrative

To be honest, they wanted full access to her medical records in the past. Obviously we were pushing back a bit and said only relevant to the incident. ill dig the old emails out later and put some bits tomorrow. its going to be hard now neartly 3 years down the line to quantify amounts. just knew it has taken her a while to get over it, in the cold her ankle/foot hurt