Car damaged whilst in possession of mechanics

surrey_36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A local garage has had my car for weeks whilst they try and locate a part.  They have parked it in the main road and when I drove past notice severe damage clearly been quite badly hit.  I called the garage and asked them if they were aware and they said it’s not their problem - I said I left the car in their care and trusted it would be looked after and they said it didn’t matter ‘everyone says that’ nothing they can do. It was ab old banger but had spent a bit on parts keeping it on the road.  Reckon it has a good couple years left in it yet and now it’s a write off! 

I had a similar problem when I left a car with a garage. It was stolen and they tried to shirk responsibility. It is in their care and they are liable for any loss or damage. 

Luckily I did manage claim via their insurance but they wasn't happy.

Have you spoke to your insurance company? 

Have you taken photographs?
You haven't have any photographs of the car before the damage?
Where is the car now – has been repaired. You say it's a write off to you mean that it is not driveable or simply that it is beyond economical repair?

Please name the garage.

What values are we talking about here? The value of the car? Cost of any repair?