Virgin Mobile/O2 - Knocked my Credit Score

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been a long time since I posted.  I'll try to keep this concise.

I've been with Virgin Media and Mobile for around 15 years.  I got my latest handset and a new contract in May last year.  Quite a good deal.  However, around March this year Virgin offloaded the call side of it to O2.  No problem with that as I was paying the same amount for a slightly better deal.

However, last week I got a heads up from my credit score company (I keep a close watch on my credit score).  They informed me there was a change pending.  That came through yesterday.  It would seem Virgin Mobile have also now offloaded the handset to O2 - and knocked my credit score by quite a considerable amount.

I am furious about this.  I have never missed a payment and never been late with a payment either.  No real explanation either other than:

"What does this mean?

• You've opened a new account or a lender has started sharing information with Equifax (our data provider) about one of your existing accounts.
  • Your lender might have changed the way they report your account details (like its name or account number) to Equifax.
  • Check your account to make sure all the details are correct. If anything's wrong you can speak to your lender."

and

!Account status updated

The status of an account updated on your September report.

Organisation Name
    Virgin
    Current Status
    Closed
    Previous Month's Status
    Up to date
    Account Number

What does this mean?

This means that the payment status on one of your accounts was updated. This could happen if you had a payment in arrears the previous month, but were up to date on the month of this report."

As I said, I have never missed a payment or been late with a payment.  Advice please on how to deal with this.

Many thanks in advance.

For reference, there was no warning whatsoever that they were going to offload the handset to O2 as well. First I knew about it was when my credit score company informed me.

Edited by Lady Python

let is settle for a month.

new accounts (to a credit file) that have existed for a long time but never been included on your file, that a good while for all the data to be uploaded and assimilated .

if next months report is the same the it's time to start gathering information and the act.

let things run, your credit score via such sites is not he only way you are judged.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...